‘23 AL CB Rickey Gibson (Tennessee commit)

I hope that’s the case.

I just think we’ll be doing good to get 7 wins unless we can find a few upgrades in the defensive back 7. On the flip side, I really think we could win 9 (10 inc. bowl) if they can get those spots fixed.

If we only get 7 wins this year then that’s a failure and some serious questions need to bring to be asked.

If Burrell is one of the 2 best corners coming out of fall camp either he made a big improvement or we are in trouble at corner imo. Also maybe better pass rush will help the secondary.
With the depth and talent we have in the secondary now surely it will improve

If we only get 7 wins this year then that’s a failure and some serious questions need to bring to be asked.
7 wins with a bowl win while continuing to build is not a bad situation. We don’t need quick fixes. We need steady growth and stability. A bowl win would be an improvement. It may take Heupel a couple years to get this thing rolling. I’m confident we have our guy.

Rickey Gibson is going to do something August 5th if he doesn’t push it back. He will visit Georgia next weekend and that visit will be one to watch. We believe the Bulldogs are waiting on the decision of Caleb Downs to determine what they do with Gibson. If they were to land Downs then Gibson probably would not have a spot in Athens based off people we have spoken to.
-VQ

Kid needs to realize that if UGA is basing their decision to take him on whether or not another player commits, they see him as easy to recruit over. The real opportunity is at Tennessee. Too easy for these kids to be enamored by what UGA has done lately, but that doesn't make them the best choice for opportunity.

The public consensus (vegas, fpi, etc) is 7.5 wins. So lol at serious questions needing to be asked for what is literally being pegged as a 50% chance by non orange glass folks.

We still have very little depth and last year's class was patchwork. Let's bring in 2023 and 2024 classes and season them and then "serious questions" can be asked.

Don't punish Heupel for overachieving last year. Pruitt still left this place in shambles. The way he left it, we were lucky to win 5 or 6 last year.

The public consensus (vegas, fpi, etc) is 7.5 wins. So lol at serious questions needing to be asked for what is literally being pegged as a 50% chance by non orange glass folks.

We still have very little depth and last year's class was patchwork. Let's bring in 2023 and 2024 classes and season them and then "serious questions" can be asked.

Don't punish Heupel for overachieving last year. Pruitt still left this place in shambles. The way he left it, we were lucky to win 5 or 6 last year.
But but but if we don't win 9 or 10 in year 2 Heupel is not the guy, lol.

Kid needs to realize that if UGA is basing their decision to take him on whether or not another player commits, they see him as easy to recruit over. The real opportunity is at Tennessee. Too easy for these kids to be enamored by what UGA has done lately, but that doesn't make them the best choice for opportunity.
I've really never understood how good players can be OK with being the "back up".

There's so much to consider. People make the mistake of seeing that we were in 4 games that we lost by 7 points or less, to not even question should we even been in position to win those games to begin with.

And the fact that anyone has to ask such questions about that dilemma means that as a program we aren't close to where we need to be.

It's ridiculous to say that our floor is 8 wins this season.
Yeah, Milton had a ton of overthrows against Pitt, but you could argue Pitt took time to wake up. When they did, we couldn't stop them on defense, and our offense scored half the points there's did in the remaining time.
Pitt, UF, UGA, LSU, Bama will be favored and rightly so.

If we don't fire Heupel, 2024 is the year we make noise.
2022 - 7-5
2023- 8-4
2024- 9-3
2025 and Beyond 9-3 to 12-0 possibility every season.

People keep disrespecting Kentucky as a not being true a rival and credible program, because we have success against them. They were a top 25 win for us almsot everytime we've beaten them the past 4 years. We were very close to a 6-6 season.
Also very close to a 9-3 season...

And this year's schedule is harder than last year's imo. People just need to chill

Right. So with all of the crap last year, injuries, depleted roster and new staff we won 7 games. So now with a fuller roster, second year in the system, one of the best QB/WR duos in the nation, we should. It expect anymore wins?

Wow. So somehow it’s dumb to think we should expect 8 wins this year. Guess that shows where some of the fan base is. Stuck thinking 7 wins is just fine and dandy. Good grief.

Reactions: PlanetVolunteer
I've really never understood how good players can be OK with being the "back up".
Until recently, Gibson hasn't been seen as top tier prospect.
So now that National Champion UGA, is actually recruiting him, it's a big deal.

I don't believe Bama is, which is funny.

Still not sure what to think of this kid.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Right. So with all of the crap last year, injuries, depleted roster and new staff we won 7 games. So now with a fuller roster, second year in the system, one of the best QB/WR duos in the nation, we should. It expect anymore wins?

Wow. So somehow it’s dumb to think we should expect 8 wins this year. Guess that shows where some of the fan base is. Stuck thinking 7 wins is just fine and dandy. Good grief.

Your arguing for a natural progression of football success...based of wins and losses.
That's fine. GENERALLY speaking 🙄.

And it's your GENERAL approach to anything and everything with college football that is your issue. Just saying Pitt should be a victory because they supposedly aren't as good UF and they're not SEC means we should beat them.
After they beat us AT HOME.
We have the 5th hardest schedule in the country.

Can we beat Pitt? Yeah!
We "should" we beat them is an absolute ignorant assumption. They are a good program now. They won the ACC last year.

LSU? Didn't even go to a bowl game last year. But they had an influx of key transfers and hired a Top 10 coach in Brian Kelley. He's never walked into a situation with this much talent. LSU has comparable talent to Bama and UGA.

As for Tennessee, do we have our quick strike WRs from last year? Can Mitchell stay healthy alongside Banks? Will Pearce and Josephs be ready to bring that extra pressure in pass rush true freshman?

Can we beat Kentucky again?

People just need to let Heupel build. We need depth and that takes time.

Your arguing for a natural progression of football success...based of wins and losses.
That's fine. GENERALLY speaking 🙄.

And it's your GENERAL approach to anything and everything with college football that is your issue. Just saying Pitt should be a victory because they supposedly aren't as good UF and they're not SEC means we should beat them.
After they beat us AT HOME.
We have the 5th hardest schedule in the country.

Can we beat Pitt? Yeah!
We "should" we beat them is an absolute ignorant assumption. They are a good program now. They won the ACC last year.

LSU? Didn't even go to a bowl game last year. But they had an influx of key transfers and hired a Top 10 coach in Brian Kelley. He's never walked into a situation with this much talent. LSU has comparable talent to Bama and UGA.

As for Tennessee, do we have our quick strike WRs from last year? Can Mitchell stay healthy alongside Banks? Will Pearce and Josephs be ready to bring that extra pressure in pass rush true freshman?

Can we beat Kentucky again?

People just need to let Heupel build. We need depth and that takes time.

Jesus Christ dude. Ok so winning the same amount of games this year as last year equals progress 🙄. Stay living in fantasy land then. I mean you would think I was expecting 10 wins this year. But obviously expecting 1 MORE WIN is just blasphemy.

I get it now. You like some others have just accepted what we are and refuse to think we can be any better. Refuse to expect incremental progress. Gotcha.

Jesus Christ dude. Ok so winning the same amount of games this year as last year equals progress 🙄. Stay living in fantasy land then. I mean you would think I was expecting 10 wins this year. But obviously expecting 1 MORE WIN is just blasphemy.

I get it now. You like some others have just accepted what we are and refuse to think we can be any better. Refuse to expect incremental progress. Gotcha.
Our differences in this neverending argument is the definition of success.

You are expecting Tennessee to best a team that will be favored.

Why can you not see the fault in that?

Our schedule is actually harder this season. Under your 1+1 logic, we could literally schedule the top 12 teams in the NCAA and we should finish 8-4....

VN Store

Back