‘23 AL CB Rickey Gibson (Tennessee commit)

Hadden looked meh and Burrell is ass

CB - Turnage
CB - Walker
NB - Turrentine
S - Flowers
S - Charles

that should be the starters. some combination of those guys
I have doubts with Walker at corner. Might make those “asses” look Jessica Alba level in comparison.

Walker isn’t an outside guy. He’s a nickel mostly. Burrell is going to start the year whether people like it or not.
If he’s our starting CB we’re in serious trouble and might want to start looking for a better DB coach. If Willie Martinez can’t sign or develop a corner that’s better than Burrell in year 2 he shouldn’t be coaching in the SEC

I'm with ya BOT.

Unless it's because of injuries if we go 7-5 everyone will ALL be expressing some serious doubt.

It will mean that we probably lose a bunch of close games again because do we really see us getting blown out in all our toss up games? No.
Well we need to come to a decision before the actual games begin!

If he’s our starting CB we’re in serious trouble and might want to start looking for a better DB coach. If Willie Martinez can’t sign or develop a corner that’s better than Burrell in year 2 he shouldn’t be coaching in the SEC

Prepare to get flamed for even questioning anyone on this staff.

Don't say words you may have to eat. Unsolicited advice from someone who has done it a few times here.

Burrell has the physical tools to be a very good CB. I'm honestly not sure what holds him back. I've never seen anyone get beat while appearing to be in perfect position like he does. If he figures that part out... then people will be talking about a miracle Martinez performed.

PS- if I'm Burrell, I get Hooker and Tillman to work me out every day.

Martinez has put more DBs in NFL than most other college secondary coaches. He is know for his development of players. He is a very good SEC level coach. Theo Jackson thinks so

Don't say words you may have to eat. Unsolicited advice from someone who has done it a few times here.

Burrell has the physical tools to be a very good CB. I'm honestly not sure what holds him back. I've never seen anyone get beat while appearing to be in perfect position like he does. If he figures that part out... then people will be talking about a miracle Martinez performed.

PS- if I'm Burrell, I get Hooker and Tillman to work me out every day.
Burrell got picked on quite a bit because Taylor was on other side. I agree with you in that he has potential for breakout year. Could be this year’s Theo Jackson

Martinez is a proven position coach

Some of you need to stop running off every coach Heupel hires.

Martinez is a proven position coach

Some of you need to stop running off every coach Heupel hires.

Lol. Ok so our secondary was bad last season. Even you cannot debate that. Now, let’s say it’s even worse this year. If that happens, you mean to tell me it’s somehow wrong to even question Martinez’s abilities as a coach?

Reactions: BelieveTheHeup93
Lol. Ok so our secondary was bad last season. Even you cannot debate that. Now, let’s say it’s even worse this year. If that happens, you mean to tell me it’s somehow wrong to even question Martinez’s abilities as a coach?
BOT we get it...

Just please stop flooding this thread with the same crap.

No one can say anything that's going to make you change your mind.

We GET IT.

Who's preventing you from QUESTIONING anything...persecuted guy? These are retorts! Are you going to need a psychological evaluation or you just gonna handle some messageboard back and forth?

Last edited:
Who's preventing you from QUESTIONING anything...persecuted guy? These are retorts! Are you going to need a psychological evaluation or you just gonna handle some messagboard back and forth?

I handle it fine. Apparently you have some issues though.

Are you getting your coaching analysis info from the same sources that set you up on recruits Seldon and Bradley? Errant arrogance is not becoming on these boards.

Martinez is an outstanding DB coach by anyone's standards. You can question his ability all you want.

It is interesting that you think it was the players or position coach though and not the scheme or playcalling. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't UT just put two DB's in the NFL? That reflects on the player. That also reflects on the DB coach and especially in the case of Jackson.

I really like Heupel. I like the guys he brought in for his staff. I don't like to talk any of them down at this point. We need to see more. But Banks to me was the most questionable hire and still is.

Reactions: BelieveTheHeup93

VN Store

Back