‘23 AL CB Rickey Gibson (Tennessee commit)

Right. So with all of the crap last year, injuries, depleted roster and new staff we won 7 games. So now with a fuller roster, second year in the system, one of the best QB/WR duos in the nation, we should. It expect anymore wins?

Wow. So somehow it’s dumb to think we should expect 8 wins this year. Guess that shows where some of the fan base is. Stuck thinking 7 wins is just fine and dandy. Good grief.

You said "ask serious questions". No, I certainly don't believe it would be time to question anything if we have stability before Hype even gets a full class that's truly his own from day 1 in here lol.

I mean, what exactly would you want to do? Start firing folks for being .5 game under expectation? 😅🤣😂 What are these "serious questions" and what is the point of them lol

Jmo but 7 wins would simpy be a "meh". It's right about on target. Same for 8 wins. Both are right about on target. It's the less likely scenarios that deserve any type of reaction.

Jesus Christ dude. Ok so winning the same amount of games this year as last year equals progress 🙄. Stay living in fantasy land then. I mean you would think I was expecting 10 wins this year. But obviously expecting 1 MORE WIN is just blasphemy.

I get it now. You like some others have just accepted what we are and refuse to think we can be any better. Refuse to expect incremental progress. Gotcha.
You're conflating wins and loss-based progress

Vs

Taking action against someone for stability, I suppose fahr and hahr some coaches.

Is there no room for stability in your book...for just 1 year? Good grief. It's called strategic planning. #1 rule in strategic planning is to not wreck your model and PANIC at every little dip or bit of stagnation. You give your model and plan adequate time and volume of data.

You're conflating wins and loss-based progress

Vs

Taking action against someone for stability, I suppose fahr and hahr some coaches.

Is there no room for stability in your book...for just 1 year? Good grief. It's called strategic planning. #1 rule in strategic planning is to not wreck your model and PANIC at every little dip or bit of stagnation. You give your model and plan adequate time and volume of data.

Who said anything about wanting Heupel fired? And no it wouldn’t be time to panic. However if we only match last years win totals, yes it would be time to wonder if Heupel is going to get it done here. What’s wrong with that?

Now obviously if there are significant injuries or transfers then that severely affects things. But let’s say we stay relatively healthy. Please explain to me why not making any progress from year 1 to year 2 wouldn’t be at least cause for some concern? And no losing to Bama by only 14 this year is not progress.

I mean I don’t understand you guys. Do you not expect some progress with Heupel? Wouldn’t progress be defined by winning more than we did last year? If not, then please explain what constitutes progress this year.

Reactions: BelieveTheHeup93
Who said anything about wanting Heupel fired? And no it wouldn’t be time to panic. However if we only match last years win totals, yes it would be time to wonder if Heupel is going to get it done here. What’s wrong with that?

Now obviously if there are significant injuries or transfers then that severely affects things. But let’s say we stay relatively healthy. Please explain to me why not making any progress from year 1 to year 2 wouldn’t be at least cause for some concern? And no losing to Bama by only 14 this year is not progress.

I mean I don’t understand you guys. Do you not expect some progress with Heupel? Wouldn’t progress be defined by winning more than we did last year? If not, then please explain what constitutes progress this year.
If we stay relatively healthy this year anything less than a 9 win season will be a slight letdown. There’s no reason why we should lose to anyone not named Bama, Georgia, and LSU and anything less that 8 wins will be a cause for big concern. We beat Pitt last year if Hooker starts. So that should be a W and this is our best opportunity since 2016 to beat Florida. A loss to Florida and either Kentucky or South Carolina will no doubt be a step back from last season unless we manage to upset Georgia or LSU

If we stay relatively healthy this year anything less than a 9 win season will be a slight letdown. There’s no reason why we should lose to anyone not named Bama, Georgia, and LSU and anything less that 8 wins will be a cause for big concern. We beat Pitt last year if Hooker starts. So that should be a W and this is our best opportunity since 2016 to beat Florida. A loss to Florida and either Kentucky or South Carolina will no doubt be a step back from last season unless we manage to upset Georgia or LSU

I am kind of with you although I believe 9 wins would be overachieving. But I just don’t understand how guys like LittleVol and Devo don’t agree that matching last years win totals would be cause for concern. I never said I would want Heupel fired. But going 7-5 again, with what we have coming back? I don’t see how if that happened you couldn’t at least raise some questions about Heupel.

Reactions: BelieveTheHeup93

yessir!!

If I had money id buy a reconditioned 60's era cabinet.

My grandmother had one, with LP/AM-FM/and 8 track. It was a big deal.

Also would have a massive collection of vinyl. Nothing after 1990.

Before grad school, I recall waiting tables and Mike Hammond walked in, sat down. Asked to interview for a vacant old country and western show, late night. In my 20's , proud and dumb. Had worked in Public Radio and wanted to do that.

I am kind of with you although I believe 9 wins would be overachieving. But I just don’t understand how guys like LittleVol and Devo don’t agree that matching last years win totals would be cause for concern. I never said I would want Heupel fired. But going 7-5 again, with what we have coming back? I don’t see how if that happened you couldn’t at least raise some questions about Heupel.
Pitt, Florida, Kentucky, and Diet USC are all winnable games. I don’t think 9-3 would necessarily be overachieving. It would be extremely impressive, but it wouldn’t really shock me

There's so much to consider. People make the mistake of seeing that we were in 4 games that we lost by 7 points or less, to not even question should we even been in position to win those games to begin with.

And the fact that anyone has to ask such questions about that dilemma means that as a program we aren't close to where we need to be.

It's ridiculous to say that our floor is 8 wins this season.
No it isn't. The coach who succeeds at UT is going to win some games they "aren't supposed to win". And really... there aren't many games on this schedule that should be unlikely wins. Yeah. The floor needs to be 8.

And you can continue to ignore it but UT needs wins to excite recruits. Treading water is full speed reverse in recruiting.

Yeah, Milton had a ton of overthrows against Pitt, but you could argue Pitt took time to wake up. When they did, we couldn't stop them on defense, and our offense scored half the points there's did in the remaining time.
Not to state the obvious.... but if UT had hit those 3 or 4 TD's... Pitt wouldn't have had time to catch up.
Pitt, UF, UGA, LSU, Bama will be favored and rightly so.
Neither Pitt nor UF should be favored against UT this year. What are you talking about?

If we don't fire Heupel, 2024 is the year we make noise.
2022 - 7-5
2023- 8-4
2024- 9-3
2025 and Beyond 9-3 to 12-0 possibility every season.
If he doesn't win 9 until year 4 then he won't have the players to do that in 2025 and beyond.

People keep disrespecting Kentucky as a not being true a rival and credible program, because we have success against them. They were a top 25 win for us almsot everytime we've beaten them the past 4 years. We were very close to a 6-6 season.
Also very close to a 9-3 season...
10-2 if Hooker had locked down the job earlier.

It never ceases to amaze me that the same people who say UF should be favored because their recruiting classes averaged less than 10 spots higher than UT's over the last 4 years... say we have to respect Pitt and UK who haven't been close in recruiting according to those same authorities.

I'm not saying they're jokes. You don't have to read long to know I doubt the recruiting sites. But if they mean anything at all... UT should be fairly close to UF in talent and significantly better than Pitt or UK.

And this year's schedule is harder than last year's imo. People just need to chill
How is this year's schedule harder than last year? Pitt's D didn't stop UT last year. UT stopped UT. Slovis ain't Pickett. And the kid they had transfer in from Akron ain't Addison.

No one knows how good LSU is going to be.

As for UF... when UT is going through a coaching change with a new mid-major HC... it is all "woe is me". But then when it is them... they're going to be dominant and unstoppable. Just rack up another loss.

Those who need to "chill out" are the ones trying to lower expectations below what is necessary... and frankly reasonable.

There's so much to consider. People make the mistake of seeing that we were in 4 games that we lost by 7 points or less, to not even question should we even been in position to win those games to begin with.

And the fact that anyone has to ask such questions about that dilemma means that as a program we aren't close to where we need to be.

It's ridiculous to say that our floor is 8 wins this season.
Yeah, Milton had a ton of overthrows against Pitt, but you could argue Pitt took time to wake up. When they did, we couldn't stop them on defense, and our offense scored half the points there's did in the remaining time.
Pitt, UF, UGA, LSU, Bama will be favored and rightly so.

If we don't fire Heupel, 2024 is the year we make noise.
2022 - 7-5
2023- 8-4
2024- 9-3
2025 and Beyond 9-3 to 12-0 possibility every season.

People keep disrespecting Kentucky as a not being true a rival and credible program, because we have success against them. They were a top 25 win for us almsot everytime we've beaten them the past 4 years. We were very close to a 6-6 season.
Also very close to a 9-3 season...

And this year's schedule is harder than last year's imo. People just need to chill

How is this year’s harder? Pitt won’t be as good after losing Pickett, their OC, and the best WR in America. Florida is rebuilding with a first year coach and we get them in Neyland this year. LSU replaces Ole Miss…that’s obviously much easier. Kentucky might be as good, but probably won’t be, given all they lost. They won’t be better. And we get them in Neyland. SC should be better and we have to go there. Vandy, Missouri, Bama, and Georgia are all about the same (should be 2-2 against those 4).

This schedule is much easier than last year. And this team should be better. The only team I see as being more difficult than last year is SC…and I still think UT should beat them.

Playing Georgia and Alabama every year, knowing it’s an auto loss just SUCKS

It SUCKS almost as bad as having to deal with posts from agenda based folks wearing the same colors. You would think that the hyde on some of these dead horses would be fully cured by now..... When there is zero value add to the vast majority of their posts it takes some of the joy out of our freedom of speech rights. Discretion is a terrible thing to waste and serial snarky is what it is.

Back in 2009? Todd Gurley was a 3 star RB out of Tarboro, NC.

Camped and got UGA's attention. They offered. He had like 3,000 yards or something ridiculous like that his SR high school season. Ended the season as a 5 star. It happens from time to time.

I wonder if this kid could make a similar leap?

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
Turnage can be a true corner but we didn’t think we had a true NB without Theo. I think Flowers and Charles are a lock to start, but I feel like one will be at NB. In my mind, this is the depth chart for ‘22…
CB: Hadden, Williams, Rucker
CB: Turnage, Burrell, Harrison
NB: Charles, Walker, Slaughter
S: McCollough, McDonald, Thomas
S: Flowers, Turrentine
If I had my pick though, I’d move Turrentine ahead of McCollough. Martinez plays it safe though.

Hadden looked meh and Burrell is ass

CB - Turnage
CB - Walker
NB - Turrentine
S - Flowers
S - Charles

that should be the starters. some combination of those guys

Back in 2009? Todd Gurley was a 3 star RB out of Tarboro, NC.

Camped and got UGA's attention. They offered. He had like 3,000 yards or something ridiculous like that his SR high school season. Ended the season as a 5 star. It happens from time to time.

I wonder if this kid could make a similar leap?

Gurley was a 4*

Ran for 2600 yards senior year, not 3k

2012 class, not 2009

The only thing factual about your post is that Todd Gurley did in fact play football at UGA

Last edited:
Jesus Christ dude. Ok so winning the same amount of games this year as last year equals progress 🙄. Stay living in fantasy land then. I mean you would think I was expecting 10 wins this year. But obviously expecting 1 MORE WIN is just blasphemy.

I get it now. You like some others have just accepted what we are and refuse to think we can be any better. Refuse to expect incremental progress. Gotcha.
I'm with ya BOT.

Unless it's because of injuries if we go 7-5 everyone will ALL be expressing some serious doubt.

It will mean that we probably lose a bunch of close games again because do we really see us getting blown out in all our toss up games? No.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain

VN Store

Back