Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
McElroy and Cubelic not very high on the Vols. Think the defense is worse than last year, wondered why we didn’t hit the transfer portal harder, don’t play complimentary football. No depth defensively and said that’s not a good recipe for second half of season. Can we play 4 min offense and take foot off gas when needed? Said yea we can score points but that’s about it. Leave defense out to dry a lot. Basically said the way we play isn’t how you win championships. Questioning some of Vols hype and don’t understand some who say Vols are 3rd best in conference.
opinions are like a-holes

McElroy and Cubelic not very high on the Vols. Think the defense is worse than last year, wondered why we didn’t hit the transfer portal harder, don’t play complimentary football. No depth defensively and said that’s not a good recipe for second half of season. Can we play 4 min offense and take foot off gas when needed? Said yea we can score points but that’s about it. Leave defense out to dry a lot. Basically said the way we play isn’t how you win championships. Questioning some of Vols hype and don’t understand some who say Vols are 3rd best in conference.

I’m so exited for the “they don’t play complimentary football” and they “they score too fast” takes again….

Last edited:
Not ideal news coming later…
It was shaping up to be an okay day, and then....

tenor.gif

If the news is dropping later on a Friday, that's usually by design. The classic "Friday News Dump" is traditionally reserved for, well, bad news.

NCAA related? In the past, most programs drop their NCAA findings or punishment news on Fridays.
Bru? Byron Young situation all over again?

Don't think it's recruiting because that news just kind of drops whenever it wants, but you never know.

Nothing like waiting for bad news. What a thrill.

I know you won't spill the info, but are we talking minor inconvenience or soul-crushing news? I mean, you just caused my BVS to flare like a bad case of herpes. The least you could do is give us an idea of how bad an outbreak to expect.

As for how college officials can prevent — or at least discourage — players from using “fake cramps” to slow down fast-paced offenses like Tennessee’s, Heupel said Thursday that there are “a lot of different options to create that.”

“What are they?” he added. “Well, I mean, I think if you’re injured during the course of a drive, player safety would say, ‘Man, we need to make sure that we take some time and truly evaluate this guy and probably keep him off the field for that drive.’”

Such an obvious fix.

If it makes you feel smart to imagine that this staff is not developing talent, feel free. But if you think what you just said proves your point, think again. It "proves" too much, doesn't it? Since it applies to all teams at all times, it "proves" that "no team has ever developed talent" and "no player has ever changed his body and conditioning over the off-season." That is, supposing your trite impertinence were to taken seriously by anyone as a refutation.
I’m sorry but I have no idea what you are saying. Dumb it down for me.

If the news is dropping later on a Friday, that's usually by design. The classic "Friday News Dump" is traditionally reserved for, well, bad news.

NCAA related? In the past, most programs drop their NCAA findings or punishment news on Fridays.
Bru? Byron Young situation all over again?

Don't think it's recruiting because that news just kind of drops whenever it wants, but you never know.

Nothing like waiting for bad news. What a thrill.
Maybe Leacock isn't picking the Vols?

Uhh what? He was literally our pass rush last year….
Yeah, and if the vote was "All Tennessee pash rush" instead of "All SEC Defense", I would have him as first team also.

I do agree he had zero help. But I just think it's a stretch against his production last year. Like I said, definitely hope he lives up to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back