Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
"There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again." --GWB
😂 That audio clip is also in a J. Cole song.

Long live that quote.

He should. He'd be great at it, especially how people learn it these days just memorizing thousands and thousands of game theory optimal solutions to every possible outcome.

I believe Nakamura plays some as well and Alexandra Botez has been playing more.

It seems, unless you're a streamer, there's only so much to be made in chess. I read Carlsen's lifetime winnings were only $8mm.
"Only 8 mil" from playing f'n chess?

I wouldn't have guessed anywhere close to earning that from playing freaking chess..🤯

I’m only a couple of years removed from my history degree. Those four years I read enough books for a lifetime. I’m sure I’ll get the love for it back eventually, but not yet lol

Too bad. A ton of brilliant fiction out there to be had. A great alternative to sitting in front of the boob tube. Especially when you wind down before bed. Positively affects your quality of sleep.

Ok, cool story Bro time. We are doing some remodeling of the Death Star and I found out our dry wall guy is VFL QB, Jim Maxwell. Played in 1971. He obliged with an autograph. You old guys may recall him. Great story in the link. He was holding for kicks and 4th string. They were 3-2 when he took over and ended up 10-2. Let the great John Ward tell you about it.

20220722_101137.jpg

"Only 8 mil" from playing f'n chess?

I wouldn't have guessed anywhere close to earning that from playing freaking chess..🤯
But you're talking someone that's nearly the GOAT of a major international mind game for over a decade. Guess I expected more. Chess tournaments and titles are pretty big.

That, compared to Phil Ivey (poker) who has probably won $100mm. Maybe more.

*the biggest earning chess player is actually Nakamura ($50mm) but almost all from streaming. That's becoming a big thing in all games - you can stream or teach and have a steadier, possibly bigger income than just playing, even in poker.

But you're talking someone that's nearly the GOAT of a major international mind game for over a decade. Guess I expected more. Chess tournaments and titles are pretty big.

That, compared to Phil Ivey (poker) who has probably won $100mm. Maybe more.

*the biggest earning chess player is actually Nakamura ($50mm) but almost all from streaming. That's becoming a big thing in all games - you can stream or teach and have a steadier, possibly bigger income than just playing, even in poker.
It still blows my mind...I have zero interest in that crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back