College Baseball - Transfer Portal Tracker

IDK??? He talked like it was news today and couldn’t really comment on it, doesn’t know if it’s been reported yet but pen is to paper and it finalizes our roster!!
I’m trying to find out what the heck he is talking about. I kinda zoned out during the interview and then I was like wait, what??

No zoning out during a TV interview! Hate to say it CW, but sounding like you choked in a big moment. Sorry to sound like a drive by 🤣

I think there is also just a chance Tony is talking about Reggie Crawford and he doesn’t know that the news is out there. I could be wrong, but if it was as big as he made it seem, I find it hard to believe it wouldn’t be reported yet. Knowing how insanely busy he is with draft prep and recruiting, it’s not too hard for me to believe he wouldn’t know that the Crawford news is out there.

I'm pretty sure Steenstra is not coming back but I had heard he was not coming back part of the way through the spring. I'm not positive but I think he is giving up playing. He is a very smart young man who has an opportunity for an elite master's program fully paid in he midwest, from what I was told. I don't know if that is who TV is talking about but it could be. I don't know of anyone else not coming back but I know there are several who have made it clear they are going if they get any draft opportunity. We probably will not know for sure until late August when school starts back.

Out of curiosity, what is Steentra studying?

Kinesiology. I will try to find out because I think he has a specialty of some sort.

I should've figured as much because he definitely knows what/how to move all the muscles it takes to properly field a baseball! He can absolutely pick it with the best of them.

I am happy for him that he's moving on with a sweet deal it sounds like, but selfishly I sure was hoping he could play next year and find a way into one of the starting infield positions.

Would be huge. He’s an elite player. Definitely would go a long way to replacing Luc’s production and we probably wouldn’t miss a beat defensively. I hope it happens.

But isn't his high draft value as a power lefty pitcher, not a first baseman? Very few teams put a premium on a first baseman for a first round pick. Unless his bat is THAT good.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
But isn't his high draft value as a power lefty pitcher, not a first baseman? Very few teams put a premium on a first baseman for a first round pick. Unless his bat is THAT good.
It’s ironic isn’t it? While VP22 was talking MVP’s today, I learned that 1st baseman have won double the amount of MVP awards as any other position.

I should've figured as much because he definitely knows what/how to move all the muscles it takes to properly field a baseball! He can absolutely pick it with the best of them.

I am happy for him that he's moving on with a sweet deal it sounds like, but selfishly I sure was hoping he could play next year and find a way into one of the starting infield positions.
Same! I really like Steenstra and thought he was a valuable player because of his versatility.

I’m not sure how Tony would use him here, but he wouldn’t be a starter. Likely a bullpen guy. I see no reason why he can’t play 1B and bat if he’s only going to pitch a few innings a weekend as a reliever.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
It’s ironic isn’t it? While VP22 was talking MVP’s today, I learned that 1st baseman have won double the amount of MVP awards as any other position.

As Arte Johnson would say: Berry Interesting! I never knew that. I looked up the list of 1-1 picks through recent MLB history, and only three of them were 1Bmen going all the way back to 65. Same pattern for the first 7 rounds, then I quit the research. I guess t just goes to show that MVP voters value hitting way more than anything else for a position player.

I’m not sure how Tony would use him here, but he wouldn’t be a starter. Likely a bullpen guy. I see no reason why he can’t play 1B and bat if he’s only going to pitch a few innings a weekend as a reliever.

Come to think about it, why wouldn't he be a starter, if he can win a job. And if not, he coulc be the weekday starter waiting in the wings in case of injury.

Come to think about it, why wouldn't he be a starter, if he can win a job. And if not, he coulc be the weekday starter waiting in the wings in case of injury.

Who is he going to replace? Beam, Dollander, or Burns? You really going to tell one of them they aren’t starting if they keep improving?

I just don’t see the rotation changing at all next year, but I could be wrong.

Who is he going to replace? Beam, Dollander, or Burns? You really going to tell one of them they aren’t starting if they keep improving?

I just don’t see the rotation changing at all next year, but I could be wrong.

If we could get a power throwing lefty into the weekend starting rotation, it might be a good thing. If he is a better pitcher than any of our first three, then that would push the other one to the midweek starter, staying sharp in case of injury. We have four front-line starters last years after Tidwell came back.

VN Store

Back