Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Walking through the neighborhood, I always swing by the mulberry tree for a snack. I don’t think any of these takes have any clue they are edible
I have a dwarf everbearing that I planted several years ago. Always awesome walking through the garden and eating mulberries by the hands-ful.

Just walked through with the Mrs, and we shared some blackberries, raspberries and gooseberries as well.

I don’t know where you got that from.

A 2014 survey on Native Hawaiians/Pacific Islanders (NHPI) revealed that Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander sub-populations had higher obesity rates than both Asian Americans and white Americans. In 2014, Samoans were 5.6 times more likely to be obese as compared to the overall Asian American population.Mar 26, 2020

A 2014 survey on Native Hawaiians/Pacific Islanders (NHPI) revealed that Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander sub-populations had higher obesity rates than both Asian Americans and white Americans. In 2014, Samoans were 5.6 times more likely to be obese as compared to the overall Asian American population.Mar 26, 2020
May be a mix-up between state populations stats and racial stats?

I am a Tennessee boy now a plastic surgeon in Miami who helps beautify this city every day. I’m sorry but it’s not anywhere near close. Between the Brazilians, Venezuelans, Columbians, puerto ricans, and Cubans this place is untouchable in the talent department.
That being said I still pull for my vols and hope Tennessee wins the recruiting competition. But for aesthetics…..forget about it!

Damn you must be living good.

My wife is Filipina/Brazilian. So I know what you're talking about.
HOWEVER 😊,... beauty absolutely is relative. Her people are obsessed with angel skin lol. Seriously...they try to make their skin look like a porcelain doll. Whitening lotions and pills. The tanning thing boggles their mind haha. They can't believe Americans/Europeans love to do that.

I grew up dating tall, "sturdy" southern women- Black or white. That doesn't get out of your taste palette ever haha. Southern charm is real. Southern accent on a girl can beat that British crap any day! Southern girls made the "cream" on the crop 😁🇺🇸.

Many Tennessee girls move out here to California and the dudes go nuts over them! And the best of LA, can match Miami anyday👍.
It really is relative, and it doesn't always stay the same for some.

Wonder if this is due to factors such as poverty rates, distance or availability to whole foods, lifestyles impacted due to said fast food, and exacerbation of pre existing conditions due to alcohol, tobacco, etc.

Wonder if the same logic is used in saying all PI people have a proclivity to be fat, or Native American/indigineous are alcoholics, as all black people are athletes?

DdRisvkXUAAgC0K.jpg:large

Wonder if this is due to factors such as poverty rates, distance or availability to whole foods, lifestyles impacted due to said fast food, and exacerbation of pre existing conditions due to alcohol, tobacco, etc.

Wonder if the same logic is used in saying all PI people have a proclivity to be fat, or Native American/indigineous are alcoholics, as all black people are athletes?
It's likely a result of native islander genetics, exacerbated by the introduction of European culture. Studies have shown that Native Americans (and their historical diet) evolved a digestive system that does much more per kcal than the digestive system evolved by westerners. So, when the "rich" diet of westerners was introduced, they developed obesity issues. This also explains the heavy effect alcohol has on native Americans, as their system more efficiently processes alcohol as well.

May be a similar dynamic between Pacific Islander genetics living in an introduced western dietary culture.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back