Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must be the only by one that would prefer to see UsC vs Ostate than USCvswashington state. And TXvsBama than TX vs Kansas.

Putting all these traditional programs in 2 big leagues is great for college football imo

Also will essentially create a playoff outside of the ncaa. You have a 4 team to win each conference. Then take a final four. You have a great playoff.

9 game conference. 2 ooc against big teams. Remove the fluff. All good games. I’d love that.
But will that leave you with about 10 good teams, and everyone else with nothing to be excited about? And soon those ten teams playing each other will become boring. Everyone thought the 4 team playoff was going to be so exciting. I quit watching after two years and also quit watching the bowl games unless it was Tennessee. Before, it was fun watching the bowls seeing who may have a really good team the next year, and just all the passion and pageantry of college games. There was always hope for an underdog. Now, it’s just plain boring unless it’s the Vols.

I’ve debated this. Hard to judge different generations, but this is the most beautiful domestic car ever made.

View attachment 468773View attachment 468774

Incorrect.

1969_plymouth_road-runner_1969_plymouth_road-runner_a8121278-c0ce-4d71-8450-9626a38f7593-cijm1c-09693-92285.jpg

I will say that it would’ve been hard on the team in 2022 w/o both Salah and Super Sadio. I also think LFC have a really good mix of youth & experience. I think it will be really interesting to see how Chelsea pans out after it appears they plan to replace dang near their entire starting XI. That’s a bold strategy when those players might include Sterling, Dembele and Raphinha. Talk about some high wages for various question marks.

Unfortunately, a reboot is needed for us. My goal for the team next year is just to maintain top 4.. which will be difficult. This is not a team built in Tuchels image and this isn’t the way he normally likes to run formation wise, so investing in players that fit that is what’s needed. Then losing 2 CBs on top of that means even more changes. I haven’t agreed that Tuchel doesn’t want to touch the midfield this year and instead revamp it next summer (*hint hint, Declan Rice). I think we need to address it earlier but hey, he knows much more than me.

I haven’t been to keen on the attackers we’ve been linked with. Dembele is the only one that I really like, but even he has the injury history. He’s also asking for 250k/week which Chelsea has already said they don’t want to pay that much. Ralphina is the worst one I think, I’m not a huge fan. Sterling obviously fits a need and is a proven EPL player, but I just don’t know how much he improves the attack. We mainly need creators right now, not finishers. But hey, who knows.

Most of the big ten is not in NJ. But okay. It’s not a drive either way. I guess we could just argue for the sake of it though. Sounds fun

I don't argue for the sake of it, but USC and UCLA leaving is purely about money. P5 schools don't drive anywhere. Half of the Big Ten is in the eastern time zone, and it's tough for traveling. These schools better just stop talking about doing what's good for student athletes. Just look up the NFL stats on a west coast team playing at 1:00 on the east coast, and those are professionals!

Last edited:
Unfortunately, a reboot is needed for us. My goal for the team next year is just to maintain top 4.. which will be difficult. This is not a team built in Tuchels image and this isn’t the way he normally likes to run formation wise, so investing in players that fit that is what’s needed. Then losing 2 CBs on top of that means even more changes. I haven’t agreed that Tuchel doesn’t want to touch the midfield this year and instead revamp it next summer (*hint hint, Declan Rice). I think we need to address it earlier but hey, he knows much more than me.

I haven’t been to keen on the attackers we’ve been linked with. Dembele is the only one that I really like, but even he has the injury history. He’s also asking for 250k/week which Chelsea has already said they don’t want to pay that much. Ralphina is the worst one I think, I’m not a huge fan. Sterling obviously fits a need and is a proven EPL player, but I just don’t know how much he improves the attack. We mainly need creators right now, not finishers. But hey, who knows.
Tbh, I didn’t realize you were a Chelsea supporter and thus wasn’t intending to call you out. I think Raphinha is a gamble. Dembele probably the most talented but also the most injury prone to your point. I read he wanted absurd wages. Sterling is proven but does have his woes in front of goal. I think Pulisic is a bit under appreciated by Chelsea supporters in general. I do think Tuchel is a good enough manager to handle the changes though, but it will be interesting for sure.

If I could have one Chelsea player at LFC it would hands down be Kante. Midfield is my concern for LFC this year and wish they would’ve gone after Bissouma.

We went from the best in the business to the worst. It strangely parallels the fortunes of the program.

That's what happens when things are not decided based upon their merit. Next man up philosophy is dependent upon the next man up being high quality with solid upside. He/she may have different strengths and weaknesses, but should bring predictable excellence to the role.

Anybody who says Kesling brought upside and excellence is not being honest.

Tbh, I didn’t realize you were a Chelsea supporter and thus wasn’t intending to call you out. I think Raphinha is a gamble. Dembele probably the most talented but also the most injury prone to your point. I read he wanted absurd wages. Sterling is proven but does have his woes in front of goal. I think Pulisic is a bit under appreciated by Chelsea supporters in general. I do think Tuchel is a good enough manager to handle the changes though, but it will be interesting for sure.

If I could have one Chelsea player at LFC it would hands down be Kante. Midfield is my concern for LFC this year and wish they would’ve gone after Bissouma.

No worries I didn’t take it that way. Regarding Pulisic, I’m obviously a big fan being American but Im a Chelsea fan first and foremost. He offers so much but he’s just been incredibly inconsistent and often injured, so the gripes from Chelsea supporters are honestly not too far off. I think he’s gets a little bit more more hate than he should but the fact is that he came for a hefty price and hasn’t lived up to it. He’s been linked as being a swap candidate + cash for Chelsea to get De Ligt from Juventus and honestly it is actually a good opportunity for him and I hope he does go. It’s probably for the best to both him and Chelsea. Kante is in my top 3 favorite players for Chelsea. Not only a world class midfielder but the type of person that you hope your kid looks up to as a player. Incredibly humble and genuine.

Reactions: YNWAvols
When Lawson left he didn't try to upgrade. Would you risk millions of dollars and your career on THEIR boy? Who is the adult in the room with years of coaching experience? The blame falls squarely on Butch Jones.
I personally wouldn't have RISKED my career on many of his hires. Nothing dissuades me from theorizing that Jancek was forced out due to outside pressure. Either himself or a dedicated member of his staff pored over social media and we got the results. Lawson had followed him from CMU to Cincy to UT...fill in the blanks. It wasn't about upgrading with Lawson...it was PLACATING.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back