Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must be the only by one that would prefer to see UsC vs Ostate than USCvswashington state. And TXvsBama than TX vs Kansas.

Putting all these traditional programs in 2 big leagues is great for college football imo

Also will essentially create a playoff outside of the ncaa. You have a 4 team to win each conference. Then take a final four. You have a great playoff.

9 game conference. 2 ooc against big teams. Remove the fluff. All good games. I’d love that.

For sure. All valid points and the reason why I said it could still end up brilliant. I’ve actually seen a bit of a mixed review from LFC fans online about it for the reasons I mentioned. That 350k could have been spread around to strengthen and add depth to the team over giving it to 1 person, especially with how good LFC and Klopp are at evaluating talent, mainly young talent. It’s hard to say what I’d do if I were in charge but I want to say I’d sell him for the 50-60M figure I saw and invest it back into getting some more younger talent for depth the next year or two that will grow into 1st teamers. Guys like Thiago, Fabhino, etc are only getting older. But again, I get it, he’s a club legend and LFC is in win now mode.
I will say that it would’ve been hard on the team in 2022 w/o both Salah and Super Sadio. I also think LFC have a really good mix of youth & experience. I think it will be really interesting to see how Chelsea pans out after it appears they plan to replace dang near their entire starting XI. That’s a bold strategy when those players might include Sterling, Dembele and Raphinha. Talk about some high wages for various question marks.

Reactions: nicksjuzunk
We all immediately think of football but imagine the travel for baseball and softball and soccer and basketball and all these other sports that make less money and play more than once a week. Road trips happen but man flying out for a 3 game series against Rutgers then flying back to Penn State in only a few days. Not to mention players families can’t easily access away games with a drive anymore for these two teams. I get it’s all about money but it will be interesting to see how it effects all sports beyond just money.

How far do you think LA is from Washington and Oregon. It’s a Olin flight either way.

I must be the only by one that would prefer to see UsC vs Ostate than USCvswashington state. And TXvsBama than TX vs Kansas.

Putting all these traditional programs in 2 big leagues is great for college football imo

Also will essentially create a playoff outside of the ncaa. You have a 4 team to win each conference. Then take a final four. You have a great playoff.

9 game conference. 2 ooc against big teams. Remove the fluff. All good games. I’d love that.

We already have a playoff outside the NCAA.

Those are so gross. I could only stand the smell for a few minutes. YNP has to be the worst smelling park ever.
I didn't hate the smell. I know it smells like rotten eggs sometimes, but sometimes it smelled like gunpowder.

I love Yellowstone, I wish more people would stay away because of the smell.

Butch jones firing Lawson was the beginning of his end
Butch Jones just isn’t a coach for a major program. The beginning of his end was the day he was hired. He just isn’t a leader and inspires no leadership within the locker room, add to the fact he’s insecure and not real likable.

yes. it isnt that bad.

The woods have a sweet, NGA Piney smell to them. Miss it, very much. Was very sad to see roads to Gardiner is completely washed out. It could take a decade to fix.
I love driving that road too...and I love the smell of the woods in Yellowstone also. The sulphur never bothered us that much.

He knew he needed a “real S&C coach”…that’s why he brought Lawson with him. Failure was trying to reverse the narrative that he only hired his boys and allowing JRM and Kamara to influence him to cut Lawson loose. That and also taking their suggestion and replacing him with THEIR boy, Szerszen. By the time that was wrecked no way Gullickson could have repaired the wrecked culture…even if he were able.
When Lawson left he didn't try to upgrade. Would you risk millions of dollars and your career on THEIR boy? Who is the adult in the room with years of coaching experience? The blame falls squarely on Butch Jones.

I would rather have crappy umpires…. They are taking any kind of drama/excitement out of the game. I will lump all these things together that I feel have changed for the worse for baseball bc of safety, computers, analytics:
* No more physical plays at the plate
* No more breaking up double plays
* limited SBs, hit and runs, bunts
* Shift and analytics showing that hitting into the shift is better than going the other way
* using 6 pitchers a game
-* limited managers arguing with umpires
* over the top suspensions
* This rule will take away batters figuring out how an ump is calling the game…..catchers being good at framing pitches…. Skilled pitchers(already going way) that can make a ball move from being a strike to just off the plate and getting the call…. Maddux was the goat at this.

The game is getting more bland every season.
It will also take crooked/biased/awful refs out of the prime position of influencing the game.

It's too easy to screw a team over now.

Butch Jones just isn’t a coach for a major program. The beginning of his end was the day he was hired. He just isn’t a leader and inspires no leadership within the locker room, add to the fact he’s insecure and not real likable.

KK spoke as though CBJ's problem is that lack of self confidence. I completely believe it.

He knew he needed a “real S&C coach”…that’s why he brought Lawson with him. Failure was trying to reverse the narrative that he only hired his boys and allowing JRM and Kamara to influence him to cut Lawson loose. That and also taking their suggestion and replacing him with THEIR boy, Szerszen. By the time that was wrecked no way Gullickson could have repaired the wrecked culture…even if he were able.

And don’t forget, Butch had Sam Pittman under contract when he arrived in Knoxville and let him go for Don Mahoney

KK spoke as though CBJ's problem is that lack of self confidence. I completely believe it.
Yeah he just doesn’t engender confidence or leadership and he’s FOS. He told everyone what they wanted to hear but eventually you lose trust that way and no one knows where they stand with you.

1 hour and 45 minutes from LA to Eugene. 4 hours and 45 minutes from LA to NJ with 3 time changes.

Most of the big ten is not in NJ. But okay. It’s not a drive either way. I guess we could just argue for the sake of it though. Sounds fun

Lots of interesting parts of Roatan.

There you'll find the Oakridge area, modeled after Oak Ridge, TN. Also Punta Gorda, modeled after Punta Gorda, FL.
View attachment 468494

You'll also see Jonesville and Brick Bay, first built by one Butch Jones. Fwiw there isn't much left there to see. Lastly, there is the community of Mud Hole. It was spitefully named after its founder @Ulysees E. McGill

View attachment 468495
Good one..🤣

Reactions: Devo182
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back