Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally get it and I’m all for good sports matchups and seeing good teams play each other but it will be wild. I think volleyball plays conference games on like Wednesdays. It’s all these smaller sports that will take the real brunt of the change. These schools have essentially become Hawaii in their own conference.
That type of stuff will be very detrimental in recruiting for those sports. Imagine being a rival school recruiting the same kid...of course you're going to point out how all that excess travel is going to greatly affect their daily life and ability to keep up with their academic workload, nevermind it being impossible for your family to see you play more than a few games. The demands on student-athletes are already high in many sports and this is going to be an absolute deal-breaker for many.

The ACC always felt like it was in the worst geographical shape because they have virtually no chance of expanding west without taking a West Virginia, Memphis, Cincinnati situation. However, they seemed to have an extremely loyal membership. And there's not 1 or 2 schools who would really stand to benefit from leaving (like Texas/OU).

The limiting factors for the Pac 12 and Big12 have been the lack of major universities out west and being top heavy (USC, Texas, OU).

What I find intriguing about this whole situation is the opportunities available for G5 schools to jump. We've seen it with BYU, Houston, Cincinnati, and UCF already.

Boise, Air Force, UNLV, Co St, Utah State etc now have a major opportunity in the west.

The ACC's best bet is to look at Navy, USF, Coastal, App State, etc. Maybe stealing West Virginia. Maybe looking at Memphis and Southern Miss.

Reactions: VFLz15
You got Rutgers, Purdue, Northwestern and Vandy but no West Virginia, Oklahoma State, Iowa State? No Virginia? Of the 4 North Carolina schools, other than Wake, which are you not including?
BIG (BLUE) adds
-USC
-UCLA
-Oregon
-Washington
-UNC
-Miami

SEC (RED) adds
-Texas
-Oklahoma
-Clemson
-FSU
-Va Tech
-NC St

Independent- ND

Big Ten flirting with Notre Dame?👀

Imagine being the ACC if Notre Dame goes to the Big Ten... that girl lied to them this whole time saying "sorry my parents won't let me be in a relationship but if I could I would date you," then Big Ten Chad comes knocking
I’m a girl. It’s the equivalent to telling a ‘safe’ date, i enjoy our friendship, but I just need to be alone and find myself and where I wanna be in life.

If these reports of the Big10 not being finished are true... imo, they're going after Notre Dame again.
That would for sure set off some kind of chain reaction. Wonder what the sec would do?

It's like the Cold War. Both sides building their arsenals. If the Big Ten can convince Notre Dame two mega conferences are inevitable and they will have their own national championship, excluding independents then yeah I could see them hopping over.

The ACC always felt like it was in the worst geographical shape because they have virtually no chance of expanding west without taking a West Virginia, Memphis, Cincinnati situation. However, they seemed to have an extremely loyal membership. And there's not 1 or 2 schools who would really stand to benefit from leaving (like Texas/OU).

The limiting factors for the Pac 12 and Big12 have been the lack of major universities out west and being top heavy (USC, Texas, OU).

What I find intriguing about this whole situation is the opportunities available for G5 schools to jump. We've seen it with BYU, Houston, Cincinnati, and UCF already.

Boise, Air Force, UNLV, Co St, Utah State etc now have a major opportunity in the west.

The ACC's best bet is to look at Navy, USF, Coastal, App State, etc. Maybe stealing West Virginia. Maybe looking at Memphis and Southern Miss.
I'd add to this it puts notre Dame in a precarious spot.they dipped their toe in conference play with the acc...and if it goes belly up what do they do? Can they realistically stay independent? With everyone going to 9 conf game scheduled potentially, who would schedule them,that matters anyway? The sec and the new big 10 wouldn't "need" ND's name or brand so there's no leverage for them to keep their sweetheart deals they currently enjoy with the acc.

Texas isn't gonna be able to keep their deals like they were allowed to in the big 12.

It's a new world.

Reactions: VFLz15
The newcomers continue to get acclimated and settled in. Josh Josephs is a guy who has impressed with his burst and quickness. Josephs has put on over 10 pounds since he signed. James Pearce is another guy who has added weight and has shown his explosiveness in drills. Interesting on Pearce, he is a pescatarian which means the only meat he eats is fish.

Overall for the freshman class, the biggest note is the guys that are adding good weight as a part of the nutrition program and the strength program. It’s been huge for guys like Squirrel White, who’s working to get big enough to be a factor at receiver and maybe even as a punt returner as we expect he will get a look there.
-VQ

Twitter is gold tonight...between the LeBron, kyrie, and KD memes/gigs and the usc/ucla/big 10 jokes..I can't stop giggling lol

Reactions: peaygolf

I dont think its loyalty as much as it is they have an extremely advantageous contract. I saw something posted yesterday where if any school leaves without the conference folding the school owes the ACC all of their TV revenue through 2036.

Reactions: Orange.
Sure does feel good going into decision dates not only knowing its a no doubter, but that even despite low offers - kids are players. I trust this staff, specifically Garner and Martinez to eval. Such home run hires.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back