Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
While on a work trip, always include a baseball game. Wrigley View attachment 468618
Nice. I've done that several times too. Got to see Barry bonds play in San Francisco...Todd Helton in Denver and randy Johnson in Phoenix...tried to go to Wrigley but the week I was there they were playing the white sox,and I couldn't get tickets.

Reactions: VOLSONLY

We all immediately think of football but imagine the travel for baseball and softball and soccer and basketball and all these other sports that make less money and play more than once a week. Road trips happen but man flying out for a 3 game series against Rutgers then flying back to Penn State in only a few days. Not to mention players families can’t easily access away games with a drive anymore for these two teams. I get it’s all about money but it will be interesting to see how it effects all sports beyond just money.

We all immediately think of football but imagine the travel for baseball and softball and soccer and basketball and all these other sports that make less money and play more than once a week. Road trips happen but man flying out for a 3 game series against Rutgers then flying back to Penn State in only a few days. Not to mention players families can’t easily access away games with a drive anymore for these two teams. I get it’s all about money but it will be interesting to see how it effects all sports beyond just money.
This was my first thought as well. I feel bad for all the student athletes

This was my first thought as well. I feel bad for all the student athletes
I totally get it and I’m all for good sports matchups and seeing good teams play each other but it will be wild. I think volleyball plays conference games on like Wednesdays. It’s all these smaller sports that will take the real brunt of the change. These schools have essentially become Hawaii in their own conference.

I totally get it and I’m all for good sports matchups and seeing good teams play each other but it will be wild. I think volleyball plays conference games on like Wednesdays. It’s all these smaller sports that will take the real brunt of the change. These schools have essentially become Hawaii in their own conference.
Some sports will eventually get cut b/c of the cost of travel and hotel stays

Looking into expansion talks across the country. Huge push in Big 12 land to get Arizona, Arizona State, Utah, and Colorado from the Pac 12.

The Pac 12 is on death's door right now y'all.... and the Big 12 is rebounding.

If Big Ten takes Wasington and Oregon, I think Big 12 would do well to take those 4, and even look at Cal and Stanford.

It may surprise you to learn that not all sports play in the same conference.

In fact, our women's rowing team is in the Big 12.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back