Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol at the PAC-12. But Yeesh my lord. College sports are changing. Not sure if it’s for the best.
It's really bad for the sport. Pro organizations would never allow such movement...for the GOOD OF THE GAME.

Unfortunately CFB is ran by power hungry commissioners and ADs that aren't looking at the bigger picture. There is no one at the top to ask if this is a good thing for the game itself.

Wonder if Big 12, ACC, and PAC 12 attempt to merge?
Never. Because the commissioners have too big of egos. They don't want to give up the reigns. They'd rather be a commissioner of a quasi-power 5 conference than lose their title altogether.

Iowa kids are loyal. Seems most midwest kids are loyal to their state schools.
To be fair, most midwest kids aren't getting offers from all over. Outside of the rarities like this kid. Others don't want to come compete in the SEC because, well...we're kinda scary 😂

Some teams will be left behind.

Some, probably including SEC teams, will be left behind because they can't financially support their athletic dept. When a program admits it can't afford a competitive "payroll", G5 level is inevitable. Before it's all said and done, one or more of UofSC, Mizzou, Arky, Vandy, Miss. St. will have to move down IMO.

Two SoCal teams playing regularly in big ten weather should be interesting
Oh lawd I can hear the jeering already, just like they do vs southern teams

"They don't want the title game up here because it's too cold and they'd lose. Clearly they're scared to come play us up here"

😆😒🤨🙄

Some, probably including SEC teams, will be left behind because they can't financially support their athletic dept. When a program admits it can't afford a competitive "payroll", G5 level is inevitable. Before it's all said and done, one or more of UofSC, Mizzou, Arky, Vandy, Miss. St. will have to move down IMO.
Ridiculous if so. I hate this crap. Vandy is a founding SEC member and now they'll be booted? They just won multiple national titles in baseball. Arky is about to be a top 25 basketball program and Miss St just won the baseball title last year. Meanwhile UGA has ONE overall major sport SEC title in the last decade...worst of all SEC programs...but they get to stay because of money? Lol.

And how long before they cut it to 30 or 20 teams and our teams are on the chopping block? Not so funny when your own team is at-risk.

At the very least we should have a promotion-relegation system for each sport if this is how it's going to go down. At least give each program the ability to get back to the highest level.

But I am 100% against all this Sankey-driven little man commissioner syndrome nonsense. No nationally governed sport would ever do this, they'd be too smart to do so.

Arkansas has Wal-Mart and JB Hunt money. They won’t be left behind.

Ridiculous if so. I hate this crap. Vandy is a founding SEC member and now they'll be booted? They just won multiple national titles in baseball. Arky is about to be a top 25 basketball program and Miss St just won the baseball title last year. Meanwhile UGA has ONE overall major sport SEC title in the last decade...worst of all SEC programs...but they get to stay because of money? Lol.

And how long before they cut it to 30 or 20 teams and our teams are on the chopping block? Not so funny when your own team is at-risk.

At the very least we should have a promotion-relegation system for each sport if this is how it's going to go down. At least give each program the ability to get back to the highest level.

But I am 100% against all this Sankey-driven little man commissioner syndrome nonsense. No nationally governed sport would ever do this, they'd be too smart to do so.

Whether we like it or not, football is the big revenue source and that will be the fault line for realignment. I have no idea how financially secure any particular team is in this new environment, just making assumptions on programs that are historically weak. I don't consider Tennessee to be weak or at risk.

Meaningful sums of money that went to athletic departments are now going to athletes, and this is in the early stages. TV revenue splitting is on the horizon. When the pie gets smaller, somebody's slice gets eliminated, IMO. If a football program is not bringing in a fair share of conference money, it will become an issue.

Boise State and Hawaii should be natural choices to join the Pac 12. Boise has a history of success. Hawaii joining a major conference would help them greatly with recruiting. These efforts would probably prove to be futile however as the conference may end up like the Big East.
This was going to be my next thought experiment. If the Pac 12 chooses just 2 teams (would be smart to grab 4) to replace you have to think these are the top G5 candidates:
BYU
Boise
Hawaii
NM St
UNLV
CO St
Air Force

Would they dare look at some Texas schools? SMU? Maybe try to poach a Big 12 school like TCU or Texas Tech?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back