Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you listen to his nonsense?
I don't, but plenty of our fans do, and the rumors he puts out there catch. There is a portion of the fanbase, media, AD that thrives off of the dysfunction of Tennessee more than the success. TB is tying parachutes to a program trying to run as fast as it can right now. He is the media version of a fake injury when this program is finally driving for a TD.

I don't, but plenty of our fans do, and the rumors he puts out there catch. There is a portion of the fanbase, media, AD that thrives off of the dysfunction of Tennessee more than the success. TB is tying parachutes to a program trying to run as fast as it can right now. He is the media version of a fake injury when this program is finally driving for a TD.
We need smarter fans…. Basilio is feeding them what a portion already believes and they are lapping it up like a dog. Our fans can be our own worst enemy sometimes.

Ray Kroc: “We need a brand mascot.”

McDonald’s Board of Directors: “Agreed.”

Kroc: “Let’s make it a clown.”

BOD: “Alright. People seem to like clowns.”

Kroc: “We’ll put him in a referee’s outfit, and then cover him with trash; our trash, specifically.”

BOD: “Wait, what?”

Kroc: “And don’t worry about who we’re going to get to play him. My cousin Keith gets out of jail in about two weeks, and he’ll be needing some work…”

BOD: “uh…”

The great thing about our nation is that people are free to choose where they want to shop and where they would rather not. If companies want to support this cause or the next and people choose to not shop there because of it then the company will either be ok with losing those customers or they will change their policy. As long as things are done peacefully and calmly then let the engine that is capitalism and the free market economy do it's thing.
I've seen as many "I'm going to start shopping at Dick's," as I've seen "I'm going to stop shopping at Dick's."

My take is: I don't care about your virtue signaling. Keep it to yourself.

I think the real problem people have with Dick’s sporting goods, is that it started as a fishing and hunting store. Once the original owners died off the kids and grandkids left the original ideas and went corporate America route to make millions! I did buy my mossberg 500 there along time ago and have never had a problem with it lol!

My mom went to their website many years ago to look at getting me a set of golf clubs for Christmas. She did not get to the correct website, if you know what I mean. That was a fun story to listen to on Christmas morning, about my mom's frolic through the internet to arrive at dicks.com. :eek:

We need smarter fans…. Basilio is feeding them what a portion already believes and they are lapping it up like a dog. Our fans can be our own worst enemy sometimes.

How many people were saying Pruitt would be fired? He's not telling lies. Don't you get a bit of inside info iirc? Are you in Donde/Danny's pocket?

He's not wrong
Do we actually have any proof that there is some major gulf between the two? Because it seems like everything was fine before the Tate commitment and now suddenly there is a divide. Unless I've missed something, it doesn't pass the sniff test if its coming from Basilio alone imo.

He's not wrong
the-office-michael-scott.gif

Do we actually have any proof that there is some major gulf between the two? Because it seems like everything was fine before the Tate commitment and now suddenly there is a divide. Unless I've missed something, it doesn't pass the sniff test if its coming from Basilio alone imo.

If/when we whiff on Mauigoa and Bradley, do you think people will at least think there's a chance there's some truth to it? I'll be back in a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back