Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we’re working on doing more things like tonight, we want to be more transparent with all our members.

Would anyone that is a Volunteer Club member or on the fence be interested in an event like an in-person happy hour to get together and talk NIL?
have you all considered targeted advertising to mobile devices or even TV ads?

@WillAtSpyre Corporate just gave us a crash course on targeted ad geofencing. It was eye opening. I would highly recommend a consultant to show you guys the benefits of this. I know several cable companies have Ad Sales Acct Execs (not me), you could speak with.

Last edited:
So we’re working on doing more things like tonight, we want to be more transparent with all our members.

Would anyone that is a Volunteer Club member or on the fence be interested in an event like an in-person happy hour to get together and talk NIL?
Have some time for members to hangout and get really sloppy just in time for Spyre to close the happy hour with a drunken Q&A session.

I’ve said I think we probably have 5 wins, 6 toss-ups, and 1 likely loss for our regular season this year.

What I did to come up with that is I used ESPN FPI and Bill Connelly’s SP+ and took the average of the two and then calculated the win probabilities based on margins projected for each of the three models.

FPI projects 5 wins, 4 toss-ups, and 3 losses, the same as they projected last year. The updated (May) SP+ projects 6 wins, 5 toss-ups, and 1 loss.

The average between the two projects 5 wins, 5 toss-ups, and 2 losses.

The common wins are Ball State, Akron, UT-M, MO, & VU. The only common loss is UGA. So by definition that leaves 6 games as potential toss-ups, a toss-up being defined as less than or equal to a 7 point margin (or a one score game).

I think ESPN FPI discounts our offense because they include recent history in their analysis. While SP+ recognizes the difference between Pruitt's offense and Heupel's offense FPI still gives Pruitt's offense 1/3rd weighting in projecting how our offense is likely to perform this year. Nerds. Amirite?

I think it would be good if we could win the wins and win 3 toss-ups to keep the positivity going but we could substitute a bowl win for one of the toss-up wins and still get to 8 wins which would still work. jmo.

The most important thing I think right now is to sort of keep our major focus on the building of our future roster and to not let a disappointing loss or anything else derail us from that purpose - otherwise, I don't see us ever getting off of this roller coaster we've been on in recent years. jmo.

ScreenHunter 949.png

@ACvol3 - In answer to your question about whose rankings I use for roster talent, I use the 247 Team Talent Composite. I don't know of anyone else who scrubs the rosters every year to account for who is actually on that year's roster. At the moment they're working on the 2022 rosters. They usually publish the new season's roster rankings sometime during fall camp season after the schools have updated their rosters. For Tennessee I've always kept my own roster with notes and try to keep it updated in real time. When I have specific questions I also look at the current rosters of our opponents and check in on what their media and fans are saying. I'm retired so this is one of my favorite hobbies and I have the time. lol

have you all considered targeted advertising to mobile devices or even TV ads?

@WillAtSpyre Corporate just gave us a crash course on targeted ad geofencing. It was eye opening. I would highly recommend a consultant to show you guys the benefits of this. I know several cable companies have Ad Sales Acct Execs (not me), you could speak with.
I've got some experience with geofencing campaigns and I could see that being the best way to reach fans who show up to games at Neyland. Good thinking.

Yes - interested buyers high, inventory low…and most of the buyers have cash…

Hope you enjoyed your escape to paradise! 😎
We’ve had a blast so far. Beautiful here and the water is amazing. Kids are having fun going down to seaside and that area. My son is 15 so he’s kinda in awe, lol, says WV doesn’t have this kind of “scenery”!! 😂

I figured that was the case with the market as well. Lots of buyers, low inv, and things sell in days.
Ironically, after we had this trip booked, we decided to invest in a property in Corolla, OBX. Had multiple offers the first day on the market, but we luckily ended up with it. It’s booked til late august tho, so we won’t even be able to enjoy it til this fall.

mr-bean-rowan-atkinson-photoshop-58d8c8ac35b7c__880.jpg

Reactions: CABVOL

That's us. No matter what, no matter where. We're in our orange. We stand out. #oneofus

Sitting in a suite for the Big Ten Championship. Wearing my orange!

I'm keeping track of how many comments I get in this sea of red.

1. Washing hands in the bathroom, guy looks over at me from the next sink, then snorts and goes back to washing to his hands.
2. A Wisconsin fan yelled Clay Travis at me. Unsure if it was preceded by the f-word.
3. Drunk Ohio State girl yelled at me that I was at the wrong game. This lasted 20 minutes.
4. "TENNESSEE?!?! Aw, good luck, man." -OSU fan.
5. Wisconsin fan: "WRONG CONFERENCE!!!"
6. Tenneesee?!?!
7. Guy yells "Hey UT, who's your coach?" I yelled GRUDEN!!!
8. Tennessee colors? Hehehehehehehehehe.

Disclaimer: this is from 2017 and we were in the middle of #grumors. Forgive me.

Random question but, hey, it’s the off-season…

Who are the top 4 or 5 legacy players to have played for UT not named Eric Berry?

nothing really new on the pod cast this morning, spent a decent amount of time talking in generalities about holding on to recruits, decommit rates and how important it will be to keep getting kids coming back for unofficials after this summer, especially commits from the summer. talked about most all the big names, and they all basically said the same things that have been posted the past couple of days. all in all, they did say that there's nothing Tennessee could have/should have done differently this past weekend, in their view the whole weekend was 10/10, said several of the prospects were pleasantly surprised about how much one on one time they actually go with coaches vs. other visits. referenced Hunter OSbourne and the other two corners specifically in that regard. compared it to Clemson's big weekend a couple weeks ago where there were 31 OV's in that weekend, so it felt more like a car-wash, than a "get to know you" visit. also referenced, in regards to Hunter, that Clemson is pushing him to make a decision before July 5, one way or the other. not sure how that plays for us, but AP did say that at some point, that's going to start working against them, and already has with some kids like Tony Rojas. expects him to make a decision in the next 10 days or so. Long story short, TN put it's best foot forward, and if a kid that visited doesn't come here, then it just wasn't going to happen to begin with.

last thing..of the 11 or 13 OV's, AP thinks we get over half of them.

i'd say last weekend was a big hit.

I’ve said I think we probably have 5 wins, 6 toss-ups, and 1 likely loss for our regular season this year.

What I did to come up with that is I used ESPN FPI and Bill Connelly’s SP+ and took the average of the two and then calculated the win probabilities based on margins projected for each of the three models.

FPI projects 5 wins, 4 toss-ups, and 3 losses, the same as they projected last year. The updated (May) SP+ projects 6 wins, 5 toss-ups, and 1 loss.

The average between the two projects 5 wins, 5 toss-ups, and 2 losses.

The common wins are Ball State, Akron, UT-M, MO, & VU. The only common loss is UGA. So by definition that leaves 6 games as potential toss-ups, a toss-up being defined as less than or equal to a 7 point margin (or a one score game).

I think ESPN FPI discounts our offense because they include recent history in their analysis. While SP+ recognizes the difference between Pruitt's offense and Heupel's offense FPI still gives Pruitt's offense 1/3rd weighting in projecting how our offense is likely to perform this year. Nerds. Amirite?

I think it would be good if we could win the wins and win 3 toss-ups to keep the positivity going but we could substitute a bowl win for one of the toss-up wins and still get to 8 wins which would still work. jmo.

The most important thing I think right now is to sort of keep our major focus on the building of our future roster and to not let a disappointing loss or anything else derail us from that purpose - otherwise, I don't see us ever getting off of this roller coaster we've been on in recent years. jmo.

View attachment 467892

@ACvol3 - In answer to your question about whose rankings I use for roster talent, I use the 247 Team Talent Composite. I don't know of anyone else who scrubs the rosters every year to account for who is actually on that year's roster. At the moment they're working on the 2022 rosters. They usually publish the new season's roster rankings sometime during fall camp season after the schools have updated their rosters. For Tennessee I've always kept my own roster with notes and try to keep it updated in real time. When I have specific questions I also look at the current rosters of our opponents and check in on what their media and fans are saying. I'm retired so this is one of my favorite hobbies and I have the time. lol
Nice work! I love data like this leading up to games during the season

Random question but, hey, it’s the off-season…

Who are the top 4 or 5 legacy players to have played for UT not named Eric Berry?
cade mays
TK jr., his career didn't end on a super high note, but he was pretty dang good early on in his career.
Dale CArter's nephew ...i don't know why i can't remember his name.
pick a colquit punter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back