WNBA discussion thread?

My goodness. How about Chicago losing to lowly Indiana, then turning around and beating Las Vegas AT Las Vegas -- after having been down 23 points after the first quarter? Crazy.

So crazy. I thought it would be impossible to come back from a 28-point deficit vs the Aces at their place, but Chicago showed what they can do when they lock in. They execute at such a high level. It's amazing to watch.

Chicago on a mission tonight. Up almost 30 at the half over LA. Candace is tearing them up. 12 boards, 9 (NINE) assists, and 5 points in the first HALF.

Showing out for her old team.

Chicago on a mission tonight. Up almost 30 at the half over LA. Candace is tearing them up. 12 boards, 9 (NINE) assists, and 5 points in the first HALF.

Showing out for her old team.

She’s on the verge of getting her 3rd triple double. Only needs one more basket. I need her to get these points and sit down. Lol.

Reactions: VolBall09 and lvocd
Has anyone here besides me been paying attention to the Liberty’s Han Xu? She has quickly become one of my favorite players in the league. I am absolutely blown away by her quickness and agility at 6’10. But I think it’s the way she hustles like a player Pat would have loved that has endeared me to her so quickly.

Check her out if you get a chance!

Tina Charles just quit on the Mercury, and folks are speculating she heads to Seattle or returns to Connecticut. Phoenix is a scorching hot mess right now, the chemistry issues are painfully obvious.

Reactions: Harvey Peak
Tina Charles just quit on the Mercury, and folks are speculating she heads to Seattle or returns to Connecticut. Phoenix is a scorching hot mess right now, the chemistry issues are painfully obvious.
Charles expected to be playing with Griner and she had visions of championships. She's getting old and has never won a title. Phoenix is closer to the basement than they are to a title this season?

Charles expected to be playing with Griner and she had visions of championships. She's getting old and has never won a title. Phoenix is closer to the basement than they are to a title this season?
Yeah, I think Griner's absence really took a toll on Diggins and Taurasi. Charles is officially heading to Seattle where she'll probably come off the bench in Mercedes' role but will at least be on a decent team. I can't stand Seattle and refuse to root for them, but I think this is a good move for Charles.

Wouldn't surprise me if she went to Seattle, especially with it being Sue's last shot at a championship run. They're playing really well right now too. She's definitely going all-out ring chasing.

Reactions: stlvolsfan

Yes, things went in the opposite direction to what she excitedly signed up for. The Mercury had no control over the Griner situation, of course, but it really does feel like the team lost a lot more than a player since last season.

Apparently Charles is being signed by Seattle, which makes me wonder how this will affect Mercedes.

Reactions: stlvolsfan
...Apparently Charles is being signed by Seattle, which makes me wonder how this will affect Mercedes.

Mercedes is still out with "a recurrent atypical headache syndrome." She hasn't played since 6/12. I think Seattle is supposed to provide an update sometime this week.

Another nail-bitter for the Chicago Sky vs the Lynx…. And once again they find a way to close it out after giving up a double-digit lead. Vandersloot hits a buzzer beater to give them the W. Wow.
Sloot!!!

Loved the presentation for Fowles, also really like seeing Gardner in the starting lineup for the Sky, even if it's only while Copper is out.

Reactions: ttharp
Lynx not gonna miss today. Sheesh they are on fire. 7-7 from 3 in the first quarter. Up 22 already 😳😳😳

Candace with the double double, and dang near another triple-dub today. Season started a bit slow for Chicago but they are firing on all cylinders lately.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2

VN Store

Back