WNBA discussion thread?

Skylar Diggins gets into a confrontation or starts sh!t every game these days, not surprised it's with her own teammate. Her and Mabrey even got into it with Skylar jawwing off in her face, and I don't think other ND folks like her either. She's a whiner, always seeming angry about something, even got T'd up the other day for cussing at a ref. I really wish Diamond had been able to stay in Chicago because Phoenix just has the worst team energy (if you will).

It really does seem like something is going on with Skylar. :oops:

Indiana had less than 1K in attendance last night😳😳😳😳

Hopefully the new Fever has begun a rebuild that will get their fans back in the next two or three years. The Fever front office -- including former front office honcho Tamika Catchings -- made so many boneheaded decisions over the last many years that they are paying a heavy price for now with empty seats. It's a shame, too, because the young team the have now really deserves their support.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Skylar Diggins gets into a confrontation or starts sh!t every game these days, not surprised it's with her own teammate. Her and Mabrey even got into it with Skylar jawwing off in her face, and I don't think other ND folks like her either. She's a whiner, always seeming angry about something, even got T'd up the other day for cussing at a ref. I really wish Diamond had been able to stay in Chicago because Phoenix just has the worst team energy (if you will).

I seen her. Till she mess with the wrong one.

Hmmmmm. I noticed Skylar Diggins-Smith was "inactive" for yesterday's game against Dallas.

Does anyone know why Rae hasn’t been in the last couple of games for the Spark? Hurt or just not getting minutes?

Don’t care much for either player, but Taurasi has always just rubbed me the wrong way. Can’t stand her. Even now I can’t sit through and entire interview with her. She’s just so self involved and immature.

Still can’t pinpoint a single thing she’s done to advance the sport that didn’t also benefit her.

Whereas we see someone like Candace using her profile non-stop to inspire young women and girls. I love Candace’s PSA that’s been playing a lot recently about women leaders in sports that points out the rate at which women drop out of sports compared to men. 80% of female leaders played sports. That’s a huge stat and deserves all the air time it’s getting.

Pat Summitt didn’t just produce basketball players. She produced women leaders who are prepared to give back. Geno’s players are all about taking not about giving. I said what I said.

Don’t care much for either player, but Taurasi has always just rubbed me the wrong way. Can’t stand her. Even now I can’t sit through and entire interview with her. She’s just so self involved and immature.

Still can’t pinpoint a single thing she’s done to advance the sport that didn’t also benefit her.

Whereas we see someone like Candace using her profile non-stop to inspire young women and girls. I love Candace’s PSA that’s been playing a lot recently about women leaders in sports that points out the rate at which women drop out of sports compared to men. 80% of female leaders played sports. That’s a huge stat and deserves all the air time it’s getting.

Pat Summitt didn’t just produce basketball players. She produced women leaders who are prepared to give back. Geno’s players are all about taking not about giving. I said what I said.
Perfectly stated!

I understand the animosity toward that team up north and especially toward their coach. But that shouldn't prevent one from ignoring an obvious situation.
I can't think of a women's college basketball player who has given up more to benefit another than Maya Moore.

I understand the animosity toward that team up north and especially toward their coach. But that shouldn't prevent one from ignoring an obvious situation.
I can't think of a women's college basketball player who has given up more to benefit another than Maya Moore.

No, that benefitted Maya lmao. Had nothing to do with prison reform or justice. Had everything to do with getting her boyfriend out of prison.

Since he was released I’ve not seen hide nor hair of Maya Moore near a prison. Give me a break.

No, that benefitted Maya lmao. Had nothing to do with prison reform or justice. Had everything to do with getting her boyfriend out of prison.

Since he was released I’ve not seen hide nor hair of Maya Moore near a prison. Give me a break.
Moore was 9 when Jonathan Irons was imprisoned. You can read this account and make your own mind up.
Inside Maya Moore's extraordinary quest for justice

Reactions: LadyVol1908
Moore was 9 when Jonathan Irons was imprisoned. You can read this account and make your own mind up.
Inside Maya Moore's extraordinary quest for justice

I followed the story closely. He was a family friend. They had been in contact for a number of years and were already in a relationship before he was released. Not saying it was totally self serving, or that he wasn’t wrongfully imprisoned, but she was definitely motivated for other reasons.

Shakira Austin must not have been motivated at OM but she is kicking butt in the W right now

Yeah you could tell. She looks great in the W. She was very “blah” all season at Ole Miss. I don’t think Yo is actually much of a coach. She’s a recruiter and a motivator. Shakira was not managed well at all and did not play with the kind of motor she has showed in the WNBA so far.

VN Store

Back