Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else tried to learn the piano/keyboard as an adult?

Curious what websites or resources are good for learning music theory. Mostly just want to learn to construct music, the piano part isn't the most important part since I'm technically using a 64-key pad/controller.

You need to find your way into an infinite time loop, where the same events happen over and over again each day. Find an old lady who gives piano lessons, and return each day until the desired skill level has been reached. After that, find your way out of the time loop by making Andie MacDowell fall in love with you (or something like that).

This is a proven method that WILL work.

Dear 9 lb 8 oz baby jesus layin' in that manger, thank you for blessin' me to live in TN. And why did you make Texans so douchey? I mean its a big State. But its dirty and brown and dry. Know what else is dirty brown and dry, dog poo in the sun for days.
We have only ourselves to blame for letting Texas become a state.

I've already shared a lot of Steele preseason mag info on Vols and our opponents. I'll bump in with some others now:

Athlon:
Top 25:
1 Bama
2 OSU
3 UGA
4 Clemson
5 TAMU
6 Michigan
7 ND
8 Utah
9 USC
10 Oregon
11 Baylor
12 NCSU
13 Oklahoma
14 Mich St
15 Cincy
16 Wake Forest
17 Okla St
18 Tennessee - They're going to score some points on Rocky Top, because that's what Josh Heupel's offenses do, and the returns of QB Hooker and explosive WR Tillman should assure that. But if the Vols want to make strides in the SEC East, where UGA has jetted way past everybody else, they must improve a defense that gave up a drop short of 30 a game last year.
19 Wisconsin
20 Miami
21 UK
22 Pitt
23 Arky
24 Houston
25 Penn St

Bowl Projection - Citrus: Wisconsin vs Tennessee

Conference Unit Rankings - Tennessee
QB - 2 (Nat'l #8)
RB - 10
WR - 4
OL - 11
DL - 9
LB - 10
DB - 9

Have us going 8-4(4-4) and finishing 2nd in the East. Means we beat Florida and Kentucky...

10/29 vs Kentucky is their only Game To Watch featuring the Vols

Tillman 1st Team All-SEC
Byron Young 1st Team All-SEC
Hooker 2nd Team
Carvin, Baron, Banks, Brooks 3rd Team

Josh Heupel has Tenn rending in the right direction going into 22. Led by QB Hooker, the Vols jumped from 3 wins in 2020 to 7 in 2021 behind an offense that averaged 39.3 ppg last year - a huge jump from the 21.5 ppg the Vols avg'd in 20. Hooker's supporting cast has some new faces, but this unit should once again rank near the top of the SEC. How far a defense that allowed 33.6 ppg in SEC play last year can progress is likely to decide just how high the Vols climb in the Top 25.

There's reason to think the Vols will be better in 2022, especially if players step up at the CB and on the DL. Tennessee knows its core pieces offensively, and Hooker-to-Tillman is as exciting a duo as UT has had in some time. Heupel's first-year success stemmed from the individual improvement leading to collective growth. That'll be the key again for the Vols to make a jump.

The opposing coach quote was basically that this offense guarantees 6 wins as long as you have a decent QB. If you have a good/great QB you can add 2-3 wins to that ceiling. Teams are going to get more and more film on the offense though so can Heupel and the QBs adjust.

- Hooker wrote a book.
- Grant Frerking runs NIL U
- Jalin Hyatt is ready to step up

Rising Star: Christian Charles
Recruit Spotlight: Marquarius White

Hooker #8 on Heisman Top 10 Candidates preseason list

Grading CFB 1st-Yr Head Coaches - Heupel - A

I've already shared a lot of Steele preseason mag info on Vols and our opponents. I'll bump in with some others now:

Athlon:

Conference Unit Rankings - Tennessee

Have us going 8-4(4-4) and finishing 2nd in the East. Means we beat Florida and Kentucky...

10/29 vs Kentucky is their only Game To Watch featuring the Vols

Tillman 1st Team All-SEC
Byron Young 1st Team All-SEC
Hooker 2nd Team
Carvin, Baron, Banks, Brooks 3rd Team

The opposing coach quote was basically that this offense guarantees 6 wins as long as you have a decent QB. If you have a good/great QB you can add 2-3 wins to that ceiling. Teams are going to get more and more film on the offense though so can Heupel and the QBs adjust.

- Hooker wrote a book.
- Grant Frerking runs NIL U
- Jalin Hyatt is ready to step up

Rising Star: Christian Charles
Recruit Spotlight: Marquarius White

Hooker #8 on Heisman Top 10 Candidates preseason list

Grading CFB 1st-Yr Head Coaches - Heupel - A
I would like to see a Wisky TN matchup.

No way. No effin way. If that is your opinion, you really should lie.

He has a great history as a DC at multiple stops. His last defense here was hindered by firing his DL coach mid-game but the prior season's his defenses showed marked improvement. I don't think anyone is crazy or stupid for thinking he'd be fine at DC.

Reactions: VolNash17
Lindy's preseason mag doesn't have Hooker on their Heisman watch, Tillman in their top WRs, any Tennessee games in their must-watch conference or non-conference games. Tennessee is not in their Top 25, but do just land at 26. "Heupel's Vols will score plenty of points, but can the defense stop anybody?"

Hooker is their 11th ranked QB
Levis is 15

Tillman is 10th WR

Jeremy Banks is 9th LB

5th best QBs in their unit rankings

Tennessee faces each of the past three national champions, but the schedule is conducive to eight or nine wins. The 9/10 game at Pitt will be an interesting one to see which way this team might go. A key SEC East game is Florida at home.

Players to watch: Hooker, Small, Tillman, Young, Banks, Flowers

Offense sputtered after the 1st Quarter. The secondary was drilled for 273.2 ypg, including 535 against Purdue. Five teams gained over 500 yards against Tenn, which just can't happen again. Need better corners and a pass rush.

Top newcomer: RB Williams-Thomas

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back