2022 World Series Analysis and Discussion Thread

Yes! I remember leaving Omaha last year thinking that we were facing a total rebuild year in 2022.

Tony V had quite the surprise for me!!
I went into this season thinking just getting back to the tournament would be a great result.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I’m sure it’s been discussed the last week or so
but rank our opponents. Who were the best teams we played all season. Not how they finished but the quality of their team that games or games

(1) Texas deserved to be the #1 team when we played them. They fell apart soon after
(2) Auburn really made an good impression after getting shelled that first game
(3) Vanderbilt was the best offensiveless team we played. Any offense at all and they’d have won a game or 2
(4) Notre Dame was not great at anything but was well balanced
(5) Campbell was a good team with excellent pitching and ok hitting but no depth on mound
6) Alabama reached their peak all season in Knoxville
(7) LSU was playing their best ball at end of season
(8) Georgia hung in there with decent pitching

but rank our opponents. Who were the best teams we played all season. Not how they finished but the quality of their team that games or games

(1) Texas deserved to be the #1 team when we played them. They fell apart soon after
(3) Vanderbilt was the best offensiveless team we played. Any offense at all and they’d have won a game or 2
(5) Campbell was a good team with excellent pitching and ok hitting but no depth on mound
What about Kentucky?

We played Oklahoma and won 8-0

In a best two out of three series, I think the Campbell Clowns were probably as good as any of them. But, they only had two starting pitchers.

VN Store

Back