2022 World Series Analysis and Discussion Thread

Volprofch05

Educating and celebrating the Vols
So you cant run right down the line?
Not sure what they do if it’s really close, but that runner took multiple steps where his leg was pretty far inside of the line, so interference is the correct call. Hate it when it happens, especially in such a critical moment, but that’s the rule.

Not sure what they do if it’s really close, but that runner took multiple steps where his leg was pretty far inside of the line, so interference is the correct call. Hate it when it happens, especially in such a critical moment, but that’s the rule.
The only thing I have against the rule is the run being wiped off the board. The throw is coming to first base solely because there was no possibility for an out at the plate.

2EastTnVols

Thanks. Seems like there should be some room for interpretation for if anyone gains advantage. The run should at least count as it had nothing to do with the play at first.

Volprofch05

Educating and celebrating the Vols
The only thing I have against the rule is the run being wiped off the board. The throw is coming to first base solely because there was no possibility for an out at the plate.
Yes indeed, I just posted the same thing in the dugout thread. The run would’ve clearly scored regardless of any interference. Sending the runner back is dumb.

Boca Vol

Originally from Exit 81
Lab Rat
No, absolutely not. I'm just not a fan of the Super- set up. Unfortunately, you gotta win that one game. We didn't. Not a fan of a system that celebrates a mediocre team getting lucky at the end being National Champions.
You mean like in every other sport. The Giants beating the previously unbeaten Pats, UNC making this year's Final Four in Hoops. Villanova beating G'town in '85. The Jets beating the Colts. The Lady Vols winning the NCAAT with 10 losses?

Plenty of mediocre teams have won a title by getting hot at the right time.

VN Store