‘23 IL WR Carnell Tate (Ohio State commit)

604d15c1807e206a05990b48499bda3d.gif

Ok, ill ask. What is an NPA kid? And why do they have so much suasion over kids we rakroot?
You’ve got coaches that have went through the recruiting process. They help kids develop, get their names out there, promote themselves, etc. Kids and their families trust these people to guide them through the recruiting process.

Reactions: Jackcrevol
"What separated that one school, without telling us who it is?"

1️⃣ "The player development"
2️⃣ "The coaching staff"
3️⃣ "The offense"

When Tate is mentioning Tennessee, with a smile and a nod:
✅ "Tennessee has a great coaching staff"
✅ "the air raid offense will get the job done"
✅ "they tell me about their player development (referencing Velus)"

Ohio State: Likes Coach Hartline and [NFL] WRs have come from Ohio State
Notre Dame: It is close to "home" so his family can come to games if he goes there

Last edited:
"What separated that one school, without telling us who it is?"

1️⃣ "The player development"
2️⃣ "The coaching staff"
3️⃣ "The offense"

Tennessee, with a smile and a nod:
✅ "Tennessee has a great coaching staff"
✅ "the air raid offense will get the job done"
✅ "they tell me about their player development (referencing Velus)"
If that's what he said, that's better for us...as compared to "a great winning atmosphere" which is still a work/new thing in Knoxville.

The rest we go toe to toe with them...plus Nico 😎

Reactions: BigSteve09
If ur going off of just what he said in that interview hell I'd give Notre Dame a better shot than Ohio St.Seems like he gave his respect to Hartline and what's he's accomplished but that was about it for them.

If he does choose OSU, and it doesn’t work, he could still come to UT. Having a good relationship and not burning bridges is more important than ever. All these players that put us in their top 5 could potentially end up here. The way the portal works I could see half of the top 100 players transferring once in their careers. Same could happen to any of the players we get this year. It’s nuts.

If he does choose OSU, and it doesn’t work, he could still come to UT. Having a good relationship and not burning bridges is more important than ever. All these players that put us in their top 5 could potentially end up here. The way the portal works I could see half of the top 100 players transferring once in their careers. Same could happen to any of the players we get this year. It’s nuts.
That's true. The transfer rate is nuts. Luckily the structure of our NIL deals incentivizes staying here.

Reactions: TC 83
I have no issues if part of the reason he ends up committing to UT is because of our “air raid” offense but I’m not sure why so many people believe that’s what we run. We are definitely balanced.

I feel incredibly dumb for just knowing this. But I didn’t know that Heupel came from the Mike Leach tree so to speak. I knew he tailored his offense with principles of Briles. But I didn’t know (until yesterday) that he also learned under Leach.

VN Store

Back