‘23 IL WR Carnell Tate (Ohio State commit)

I have no issues if part of the reason he ends up committing to UT is because of our “air raid” offense but I’m not sure why so many people believe that’s what we run. We are definitely balanced.
I think some associate what Heupel does on offense with the air raid because of the higher % of long pass completions due to tempo.

I feel incredibly dumb for just knowing this. But I didn’t know that Heupel came from the Mike Leach tree so to speak. I knew he tailored his offense with principles of Briles. But I didn’t know (until yesterday) that he also learned under Leach.

Yeah I think part of the problem is that practically all of our highlights are of deep throws going for touchdowns and also that when you think of Heupel’s stops at Mizzou and UCF, the only players you think of are Locke, Milton and Gabriel. I couldn’t name you a single RB from any of those teams.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
I think some associate what Heupel does on offense with the air raid because of the higher % of long pass completions due to tempo.
Isn't the air raid focused mostly on quick, short passes? Leach's QBs tend to have low ADOTs. Heupel's, like you said...very high ADOTs.

Jmo but a lot more people seem to have heard the term "air raid" so when they hear someone say it's a veer/Briles scheme married with a few air raid concepts...they go AHH AIR RAID.

A lot of folks have also always been mistaken on the Baylor offense similarly and thought they just chucked it around.

Isn't the air raid focused mostly on quick, short passes? Leach's QBs tend to have low ADOTs. Heupel's, like you said...very high ADOTs.

Jmo but a lot more people seem to have heard the term "air raid" so when they hear someone say it's a veer/Briles scheme married with a few air raid concepts...they go AHH AIR RAID.

A lot of folks have also always been mistaken on the Baylor offense similarly and thought they just chucked it around.

Thought I heard someone on YouTube who breaks down offensive schemes call it the veer and shoot. That right?

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain

VN Store

Back