‘23 IL WR Carnell Tate (Ohio State commit)

5-Star WR Carnell Tate
The buzz: Carnell Tate said he is very close to making his decision. June is expected to be the month that Tate announces his commitment. Tennessee grabbed some momentum, and still holds the edge on the On3 Recruiting Prediction Machine. Ohio State has never gone away. His relationship with Brian Hartline goes deeper than his relationship with the coaches on the Tennessee staff. I am hearing there is some level of confidence in both Knoxville and Columbus as Tate closes in on a decision. A month ago, I felt better about my prediction for the Vols. Tate said his mind is not made up yet, that may be true. This seems very tight late.

-Chad Simmons, On3

LAS VEGAS - Bradenton (Fla.) IMG Academy five-star receiver and Chicagoland native Carnell Tate has his mind made up regarding his college decision.

A videographer is working on the release, and while we wait on that, Tate talked about what the program he’s choosing has going for it.

“They have a great winning atmosphere,” Tate said Thursday at the Overtime OT7 event. “A great coaching staff and great player development, and a great offense that fits me.”

Three schools are finalists.
“Ohio State, Tennessee and Notre Dame,” Tate said.

The blue-chipper talked about why each program was in the running.

Regarding the Vols: “Tennessee has an air-raid offense. It’s a receivers dream to get the ball almost every play and stuff like that. They have Coach (Kelsey) Pope who has the heart of the players. The players vouch for him every day.”

Regarding the Buckeyes: “I love Brian Hartline and what he’s done for the receivers over there. What he’s done with Chris (Olave) and Garrett (Wilson). They went on to be first round picks. His player development is great over there. With Coach Day calling plays his offense is a receiver friendly offense and every receiver loves that.”

Regarding the Irish: “Notre Dame has a great coaching staff with Coach (Tommy) Rees and Coach (Marcus) Freeman leading the way. Coach Freeman he’s a great guy.”
-Wiltfong

5-Star WR Carnell Tate
The buzz: Carnell Tate said he is very close to making his decision. June is expected to be the month that Tate announces his commitment. Tennessee grabbed some momentum, and still holds the edge on the On3 Recruiting Prediction Machine. Ohio State has never gone away. His relationship with Brian Hartline goes deeper than his relationship with the coaches on the Tennessee staff. I am hearing there is some level of confidence in both Knoxville and Columbus as Tate closes in on a decision. A month ago, I felt better about my prediction for the Vols. Tate said his mind is not made up yet, that may be true. This seems very tight late.

-Chad Simmons, On3

did I miss something here? 1-2 pages ago I thought OSU had shot themselves in the foot on twitter and he, mom, and a few other players were pissed and calling OSU out???

mbO5Stp.gif

VN Store

Back