‘23 MS S John Slaughter (Tennessee commit)

Not sure if you're talking to me or not.

I never said he wasn't good. Or even great.

Just asked about a remark made about Slaughter being the #1 ranked Safety on a recruiting site.

It was a factually incorrect statement, and I wasn't out to bust somebody's balls over it.

I hadn't checked his ranking from ON3 or ESPN. It was merely a question for information purposes...
No one ever said he was "the #1 ranked Safety on a recruiting site".

Just to clarify.

Reactions: lenoxvol
He may be #1 among guys we can get. That’s what a board is. Doesn’t mean they believe he’s the best in the country.
Maybe. Maybe not. That's an assumption.

It feels like our board for every position includes top guys, not sure why safety would be any different. We're swinging for the fences across the board.

It is what it is. I'm ready to drop it. Gbo

Reactions: lenoxvol
No one ever said he was "the #1 ranked Safety on a recruiting site".

Just to clarify.
True.

Again I was just seeking information.
The recruiting rankings are the ones that rank.

By the way, I don't really support the recruiting sites haha. I'm the most critical of them. So 5 years from now, if this 3 star gets drafted from The Vols in the 1st round, then your statement would be valid regardless, and I wouldn't be surprised because...recruiting sites are not reliable imo

Slaughter has definitely been high on Tennessee’s board for months. The guys at our Ole Miss site wrote within the past few days that they believe Slaughter is underrated, and I personally would agree. I’m surprised he hasn’t picked up more offers, but that has probably worked in Tennessee’s favor.
- Calllahan

Maybe. Maybe not. That's an assumption.

It feels like our board for every position includes top guys, not sure why safety would be any different. We're swinging for the fences across the board.

It is what it is. I'm ready to drop it. Gbo
Put your money where your mouth is ....to see if he the best

I don’t think this kid is better than Sly Smith in any universe. They’re very different players. Smith is a high safety and Slaughter probably more of an in-the-box type. I’m sure they view Slaughter as very good for the role they envision him in, and i trust that.
Lmao smith can't hold his jock strap now tell Smith to line up ....I'll put him on offense against him....keep believing these stars if you want too but put your money up

I don’t think this kid is better than Sly Smith in any universe. They’re very different players. Smith is a high safety and Slaughter probably more of an in-the-box type. I’m sure they view Slaughter as very good for the role they envision him in, and i trust that.
Best safety since Sean Taylor tell Smith or whoever supposed to be better to line up

Put him up against whatever kid you thinks better ....you see number one then offense or defense

Why do people take this QUESTION as something??
I CLEARLY just wanted to know WHERE..WHERE IT SAID HE WAS RANKED #1 safety....

VN Store

Back