‘23 MS S John Slaughter (Tennessee commit)

No. Believe it’s been said he’s the top S on the staff’s board.
I don’t think this kid is better than Sly Smith in any universe. They’re very different players. Smith is a high safety and Slaughter probably more of an in-the-box type. I’m sure they view Slaughter as very good for the role they envision him in, and i trust that.

Reactions: Frosty
I don’t think this kid is better than Sly Smith in any universe. They’re very different players. Smith is a high safety and Slaughter probably more of an in-the-box type. I’m sure they view Slaughter as very good for the role they envision him in, and i trust that.
Kid was rated the #1 db in MS by MS website

The coaches disagree. It is what it is.

I'm the wrong person to ask. Maybe if Bass or VolSZN were around, they seem to keep up with stuff like that.
Do you think Slaughter is the better of the two? Or just basing on the rumor that he's number 1 on the coaches board, even though we have no idea how the board is organized or laid out?

It's not a rumour kid is #1 on the safety board, AP has said it multiple times
That's fine if he is. Then again they might have separate lists for both safety positions. I don't know and I don't know if Austin Price knows either. In my humble opinion, generally speaking I believe Smith, the guy already committed to us, is better.

Reactions: ACvol3
On3 and 247 have Isaac Smith. But again different players. I think he has a lot of potential but don’t necessarily see him as a ballhawking safety.

I don't particularly see that either. Not an athletic phenom.

However, he makes a lot of bigtime plays.

6'2 200... if not in the secondary I know where he'd be perfect at.:cool:

Reactions: StoVol
I don't particularly see that either. Not an athletic phenom.

However, he makes a lot of bigtime plays.

6'2 200... if not in the secondary I know where he'd be perfect at.:cool:
Yes, now you’re getting it. In the age of hybrid LBs, this kid at 215 would be scary.

Reactions: LittleVol

VN Store

Back