Buc-ee's

Crossville opens June 27!

Same guy that makes the Crossville youtube updates above has at least one of the exit 407 store. Huge area and a ton of work going on.

This sucks for our road-trip to a Bucees @tntar heel & @VolFaninFla

A Tale of Two Buc-ee's: South Carolina grows, Florida location dropped

The 159-acres in Fort Myers, Florida that was owned by Buc-ee's was sold for $10 million.
Buc-ee's is still actively looking in Florida and southwest Florida could still get the Texas-based convenience store, but not at the I-75 and State Road 82 area, according to the report.
I was wondering what their plans were for Florida.
We will just have to replace the Buc-ee’s trip with a trip to your moms house for dinner.
Let us know when.

Reactions: MAD
I drive by the new one in Kentucky on the way down from Indiana. Never stop because they don’t advertise their gas price anywhere that I’ve seen.

I drive by the new one in Kentucky on the way down from Indiana. Never stop because they don’t advertise their gas price anywhere that I’ve seen.

Should probably stop. All the different ones I've been to are the cheapest in the area by a decent margin. The Calhoun's Buc-ees is the cheapest gas between Knoxville and Atlanta.

This sucks for our road-trip to a Bucees @tntar heel & @VolFaninFla

A Tale of Two Buc-ee's: South Carolina grows, Florida location dropped

The 159-acres in Fort Myers, Florida that was owned by Buc-ee's was sold for $10 million.
Buc-ee's is still actively looking in Florida and southwest Florida could still get the Texas-based convenience store, but not at the I-75 and State Road 82 area, according to the report.
After hitting the one off 95 in Daytona.. I'm good with them staying away.

Reactions: Go aeiou and MAD
Tried to go in my first Buc-ees about a week or so ago driving up I-75 between Atlanta and Chattanooga. Wanted to see what all the excitement was about. I ended up in a slow moving line of cars just to get into the parking lot the second I jumped off the interstate. Not a single empty pump, jockeying for a parking place was in full force, it was a mad house. Had to abort , U turn out of the line and out of the parking lot and got back to I-75 as fast as I could. That place is nuts and I didn’t even get to darken the door. I’ll try again though….at about 11pm or so at night.

Had my first Buc-ee's experience yesterday (outside of Houston). Just getting into the parking lot was a chore. 100 pumps and there were many cars just waiting to get to a pump. Gas was $.10-.15 cheaper than anything around them.

When we finally made it inside the massive store, it was a complete and total zoo. I would liken it to Black Friday openings ~15+ years ago. Surreal experience for a gas station in the middle of the day.

The brisket sandwich with extra sauce was phenomenal. The jerky was excellent. The red velvet fudge (never see that before) was wonderful but I can't eat sweets like I used to (it will take me a week to finish my little square). The wife and I were not a fan of the nuggets.

Overall, we now fully understand the hype. It is well deserved and the owners are making mint running that place. However, I also understand how my brother, a local Texan, refuses to go near one. It is a madhouse. Great for road trips, would be a pain trying to utilize it as your local gas station (unless you were able to frequent during off hours).

We headed out to dirty myrtle for a few days last week and opted not to hit the new Florence Bucees on the way down but figured we would on the way back. Wrong! I don’t know many cars were in the lot but traffic was lining up from the off ramp from I-95. Maybe next time.

Reactions: tntar heel
Crossville opens June 27!

Same guy that makes the Crossville youtube updates above has at least one of the exit 407 store. Huge area and a ton of work going on.

Dammit! I will miss it by one day. I’ll be out that way for the NASCAR race on the 26th. Luckily I’ll be back through in August so they will get my money.

I’ll call and see if they have a layaway plan for purchasing a crate of beaver nuggets.

In unfortunate news, the new Buc-ees at exit 407 reign as the largest C-store will be short lived. It will be the 3rd largest under their currently announced plans. Luling, TX is moving or remodeling and will be the largest when completed.

Also, I'm not sure that even I, a diehard Buc-ees fan, would attempt to get anywhere near one on opening day.

In unfortunate news, the new Buc-ees at exit 407 reign as the largest C-store will be short lived. It will be the 3rd largest under their currently announced plans. Luling, TX is moving or remodeling and will be the largest when completed.

Also, I'm not sure that even I, a diehard Buc-ees fan, would attempt to get anywhere near one on opening day.

Or a month or two later.

Reactions: DrRosenRosen
Hit the one in Leeds, AL (home of Charles Barkley) finally. It's a fascinating retail concept. Nothing food-wise I'd go there specifically for. What I had was good. Took my folks and they had a great time.

VN Store

Back