Tennessee Vols Basketball Recruiting

There’s only one inaugural season. The spotlight will be on Texas. And it’s a palace - not just a new building.

Feels more like a concert venue than a basketball arena but I guess that’s fitting for the city. It’s also confusing because it’s named after the same family that they named the Austin City Limits theater for, and they’re about 5 minutes apart from each other.

I don’t know about “spotlight”. People don’t tend to tune into college hoops for the architecture. I’m sure it’ll juice attendance a little but Austin isn’t much of a basketball town or at least it wasn’t when I was there.

They bought their coach. They’ll have a very good team. It’s probably Texas’s last season in the Big 12.

It’s a nearly $400 million facility - $25,000 per seat. TBA was supposed to cost about $1,000/seat to build (before the cost overruns).

Oh well, if we miss on Hunter, there's no need to panic. There's still a chance with Ramey, and there are still PGs or CGs who can withdraw from the draft by Tuesday I'm sure we could look at.

No need to worry too much. Things will work out how they're supposed to.

Reactions: Willy14
Oh well, if we miss on Hunter, there's no need to panic. There's still a chance with Ramey, and there are still PGs or CGs who can withdraw from the draft by Tuesday I'm sure we could look at.

No need to worry too much. Things will work out how they're supposed to.

Don't they need to already be in the portal if they take their name out of the draft? (not entirely sure how it works)

Quenton Jackson would be intriguing if he took his name out of the draft. Obviously don't know if he has any interest in leaving A&M.

Another guy would be Alondes Williams from Wake.

Both are rated lower or undrafted according to most mocks.

PGs
Rondel Walker - Oregon State (6.3 ppg, 1.0 apg, 2.7 rpg, 1.4 spg)
Craig Porter - Wichita State (5.1 ppg, 2.7 apg, 3.7 rpg, 1.1 spg)
Rocket Watts - Miss. State (7.3 ppg, 1.8 apg, 1.7 rpg, 0.3 spg)
C.J. Roberts - Lamar (10.7 ppg, 1.7 apg, 2.3 rpg, 0.8 spg)
Javohn Garcia - UMass (8.2 ppg, 1.6 apg, 2.3 rpg, 1.2 spg)
Courtney Ramey - Texas (10.0 ppg, 2.8 apg, 3.5 rpg, 1.0 spg)

CGs
Jamie Bergens - Oral Roberts (2.0 ppg, 1.0 apg, 0.7 rpg, 0.3 spg)
Devonaire Doutrive - Boise State (6.1 ppg, 1.0 apg, 3.2 rpg, 0.7 spg)

SGs
Jaxson Robinson - Arkansas (3.4 ppg, 0.4 apg, 1.3 rpg, 0.1 spg)
Teddy Allen - New Mexico State (14.0 ppg, 1.6 apg, 4.7 rpg, 0.9 spg)
Bryan Antoine - Villanova (1.5 ppg, 0.5 apg, 1.2 rpg, 0.3 spg)
Shane Nowell - Arizona (0.8 ppg, 0.3 apg, 0.8 rpg, 0.2 spg)
Malachi Smith - Chattanooga (13.7 ppg, 2.6 apg, 6.7 rpg, 1.3 spg)
Anthony Harris - UNC (3.5 ppg, 0.9 apg, 0.7 rpg, 0.4 spg)

A few guys still in the portal that are higher rated than Powell. I listed SGs too even though I'm sure we'd prefer a PG. Based on these names and what they've done the two names that'd I'd be most excited for are bold, both Ramey and Smith are basically 1 year guys and have been filling up the stat line their entire careers. A few other names on this list were high rated but haven't gotten much court time so who knows how good they are or could be.

Quenton Jackson would be intriguing if he took his name out of the draft. Obviously don't know if he has any interest in leaving A&M.

Another guy would be Alondes Williams from Wake.

Both are rated lower or undrafted according to most mocks.

Either would be takes...get the feeling Jackson would just return to A&M and was maybe just trying to get an evaluation like JJJ did.

Reactions: berryvol
Either would be takes...get the feeling Jackson would just return to A&M and was maybe just trying to get an evaluation like JJJ did.

A&M is also bringing in 3 PG's (2 transfers)

Not saying those guys are better than Q, but it could cut into his playing time.

I kinda feel like Malachi Smith may end up being the guy...not sure if we're trying to find a better option or if he's just exploring all his options or why it's not happened yet.

Still also have a feeling Powell may return, I just don't see why he would want to leave knowing he'd have to sit next season. He could just return, graduate and then likely get a waiver after next season OR earn more minutes here going into his 4th year of college since we'll have a lot of departures.

I kinda feel like Malachi Smith may end up being the guy...not sure if we're trying to find a better option or if he's just exploring all his options or why it's not happened yet.

Still also have a feeling Powell may return, I just don't see why he would want to leave knowing he'd have to sit next season. He could just return, graduate and then likely get a waiver after next season OR earn more minutes here going into his 4th year of college since we'll have a lot of departures.
I’d be very happy with Smith

Reactions: MoCo_Vol
Don't think any one incoming will start over ZZ, Santi, or JJJ unless they earn it during off-season.

Ramey isn't coming if he isn't promised a starting spot. Sure, he'll be asked to "earn it", but I would be highly surprised if we bring in a grad transfer that withdrew from the draft that doesn't start.

Reactions: berryvol
Ramey isn't coming if he isn't promised a starting spot. Sure, he'll be asked to "earn it", but I would be highly surprised if we bring in a grad transfer that withdrew from the draft that doesn't start.

The whole reason Barnes has the attrition he has and why he's "missed" on some options is specifically because he doesn't make promises of starting or minutes.

Reactions: onevol74

VN Store

Back