Tennessee Vols Basketball Recruiting

Almost feels like the waning days of Julian Phillips' recruitment where people were just guessing but making it seem like they had good Intel despite the kid's camp being very tight lipped.

He didn't even visit Louisville. Why them?

And if our side had some positive momentum feelings, then the KU folks either don't have contacts in Knoxville (likely) or are just going with their gut and saying Texas.

Point being, I don't think anyone has a clear idea, considering we've seen like 3 different combos of the top 3 teams for him listed by various people.

Almost feels like the waning days of Julian Phillips' recruitment where people were just guessing but making it seem like they had good Intel despite the kid's camp being very tight lipped.

And if our side had some positive momentum feelings, then the KU folks either don't have contacts in Knoxville (likely) or are just going with their gut and saying Texas.

Point being, I don't think anyone has a clear idea, considering we've seen like 3 different combos of the top 3 teams for him listed by various people.
I was just going to say that this feels like the Julian Phillips recruitment. Feels eerily similar

Reactions: CBVols
Which team will give Hunter more minutes Texas or Tennessee? I don’t know Texas’s roster so I can’t say for sure…Also which is giving the best NIL offer? That’s probably a wash considering both of our collectives are good…next question is which program does he feel more at home at? If you know the answer to all of these questions then that’s the program he will be going too

There's a lot of NiL money around Louisville basketball. I'm sure they have some big offers out trying for the fastest rebuild possible.

Reactions: Volfan1000
Tennessee makes all kinds of sense for Hunter. But kids don't always use good sense.

If we miss out on Hunter, where do we turn? Do we save the spot or go after best available? My other question could guys like Teddy Allen or Malachi Smith play PG?

Tennessee makes all kinds of sense for Hunter. But kids don't always use good sense.

To be fair, some kids do like the idea of winning championships or making deep runs in March. Bill Self has 2 NCAA titles 2008 & 2022, he's also made 4 Final Fours and 9 elite eights. Barnes hasn't made an elite eight or final four while at Tennessee, and only made one sweet 16. So it's fair that all things equal it could tip the scale in some recruitments if that's what a kid wants most (to play late in March).

Reactions: jmva1
weird how silent Malachi Smith's recruitment has been as a transfer. I thought he would be a hot commodity.
Basically put recruiting on back burner while going through NBA process, will be interesting to see what comes of that deadline. In theory you could have guys who graduate and would be immediately eligible still enter the portal after withdrawing from NBA Draft, so could be a few more names out there in the portal yet to happen.

Reactions: MinisterofDef#92
Basically put recruiting on back burner while going through NBA process, will be interesting to see what comes of that deadline. In theory you could have guys who graduate and would be immediately eligible still enter the portal after withdrawing from NBA Draft, so could be a few more names out there in the portal yet to happen.
It feels like the writings on the wall for Malachi. No combine invite should clear up any mystery...

Saw an article placing him on Louisville's hot list (but then again, who hasn't been...)

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
It’s sounding like Braun is going to stay in the draft so that would be another roster spot for Kansas

If that is the case, I bet Hunter lands at KU. I figured space might be the reason he wouldn’t fit there, but if they have it, they’ll be a serious factor.

My guess is it’s a Texas/KU battle right now and we’re running a distant 3rd. It also just feels like he wants to stay in the Big 12.

Braun was always assumed to be staying in the draft. Wilson is expected to come back which if he does, still leaves them with one spot. If he stays in the draft then they’ll have an extra spot

If that is the case, I bet Hunter lands at KU. I figured space might be the reason he wouldn’t fit there, but if they have it, they’ll be a serious factor.

My guess is it’s a Texas/KU battle right now and we’re running a distant 3rd. It also just feels like he wants to stay in the Big 12.
McCullar gets Braun spot, Wilson decision impacts another spot.

McCullar gets Braun spot, Wilson decision impacts another spot.

So, do you still feel like there is a realistic shot Hunter lands here? Or is this ultimately trending away from us? It certainly feels like he is destined to stay in the Big 12 one way or the other, but obviously I have no sources it’s just a gut reaction.

VN Store

Back