The Golf Thread

Butler Cabin on Sunday night following the Masters might be the most cringeworthy on television.
Lol… yep. It’s so bad every. Single. Time. I’ll never forget Bernard Langer winning and the first question was “How tall are you?” You know Jim Nantz wants to crawl under his chair.

The Greg Norman 30 for 30 was flat out painful to watch.

Yep. I liked his open and honest attitude about it though. You just knew it was leading to 97’ at Augusta for the final nail. You could tell it eats at him, but overall I actually thought he took the whole interview and old highlight videos really well, much better than I would. I guess being a multi millionaire and business tycoon helps with that. I remember watching Jacks charge to win that Masters on TV like it was yesterday, but I swear to my never that I didn’t remember The Shark birdied 14,15,16 and 17 before the fan on 18 until I watched the 30 for 30. That was a helluva charge in itself. I guess there is a lot of truth in the saying “nobody remembers who comes in second”.

Greg Norman is the biggest jackwagon in golf! Period.
Zero competition for the "Douchbag Award."

Biggest choker golf has ever known as well!
I'd have to think about that one. The sport is loaded with some pretty big toolbags lol.

He did choke in some high profile situations (86 and 96 Masters), but the Larry Mize hole out had to be the luckiest shot I've ever seen.

Reactions: SlipKidVol
I'd have to think about that one. The sport is loaded with some pretty big toolbags lol.

He did choke in some high profile situations (86 and 96 Masters), but the Larry Mize hole out had to be the luckiest shot I've ever seen.
Personal reasons/interaction on the douchbag part.

PGA denied releases to players to play in the first LIV event (Normans tour). Norman says they are independent contractors that should be able to play wherever they want whenever they want. I say they are members of a “league” and it would be like skipping a few of your NBA games to go play a few games with a team in an International league. But I am just guessing. Haven’t read any of the PGA membership fine print.

PGA denied releases to players to play in the first LIV event (Normans tour). Norman says they are independent contractors that should be able to play wherever they want whenever they want. I say they are members of a “league” and it would be like skipping a few of your NBA games to go play a few games with a team in an International league. But I am just guessing. Haven’t read any of the PGA membership fine print.

Are the Monday qualifiers and sponsor exemptions part of a “league”. They grant releases all the time for overseas play on various tours. They are probably going to regret their decision in the end.

Are the Monday qualifiers and sponsor exemptions part of a “league”. They grant releases all the time for overseas play on various tours. They are probably going to regret their decision in the end.
Nope. But the top 125 from the previous year are. That’s why the “league” has to grant them a release, as opposed to those top 125 just playing elsewhere without asking.

Nope. But the top 125 from the previous year are. That’s why the “league” has to grant them a release, as opposed to those top 125 just playing elsewhere without asking.

And the top 125 aren’t obligated to play in every single PGA Tour event or guaranteed any income in the ones they do play since they’re supposedly independent contractors. I suppose if you’re around the 50ish mark or worse and the majors offer a way to qualify considering they aren’t part of the PGA Tour then it’s a no brainer. Guess we’ll see how it shakes out.

And the top 125 aren’t obligated to play in every single PGA Tour event or guaranteed any income in the ones they do play since they’re supposedly independent contractors. I suppose if you’re around the 50ish mark or worse and the majors offer a way to qualify considering they aren’t part of the PGA Tour then it’s a no brainer. Guess we’ll see how it shakes out.
Yes. I’m just shooting from the hip with a casual opinion. I guess we know Sergio is going for good and won’t be back (unless the LIV fails).

The overseas events are just one off events though.

Sage Steele just got hit in the face by an errant tee shot from Jon Rahm. Hit her so hard that the ball bounced into the center of the fairway.

VN Store

Back