The Golf Thread

Showed the famous Tiger chip in at 16 in 2005 and then played Tiger saying the two shots on 17 and 18 then felt so good. They conveniently left out how Tiger actually bogeyed 17 and 18 to drop into a playoff with Dimarco. Funny how the media works.

Haters gonna hate… 😂

Yeah, bringing up those two bogeys resulting in a playoff he eventually won really adds some missing context to the bigger picture. 🤓

Reactions: VolsSportsFan
Showed the famous Tiger chip in at 16 in 2005 and then played Tiger saying the two shots on 17 and 18 then felt so good. They conveniently left out how Tiger actually bogeyed 17 and 18 to drop into a playoff with Dimarco. Funny how the media works.

They actually did mention this during yesterday's broadcast.

Haters gonna hate… 😂

Yeah, bringing up those two bogeys resulting in a playoff he eventually won really adds some missing context to the bigger picture. 🤓
Wasn’t my point. Had nothing to do with any feelings for Tiger which for me are the same as any other athlete. I neither hate not love them. I just watch them for entertainment. My point was that the media packaged that little clip to imply that Tiger went on to close it out with solid shots on 17 and 18. He did not.

Wasn’t my point. Had nothing to do with any feelings for Tiger which for me are the same as any other athlete. I neither hate not love them. I just watch them for entertainment. My point was that the media packaged that little clip to imply that Tiger went on to close it out with solid shots on 17 and 18. He did not.

They made no such implication, they just showed a memorable if not iconic shot.

And as someone else noted the commentators mentioned the two bogies that led to the playoff.

Last edited:
They made no such implication, they just showed a memorable if not iconic shot.

And as someone else noted the commentators mentioned the two bogies that led to the playoff.
I must have been watching something different. I was on ESPN+ and the clip showed the shot on 16 with Tiger narrating what his plan was and how he reacted at the time. Then they showed him hitting his tees shot on 17 with him continuing to narrate how he was glad to hit two solid shots on 17 and 18 after that. Then the TV announcer pointed out Dimarco’s rally was stymied by all this.

Rory out of nowhere trying to get into the mix. Incredible round so far.
Yeah unfortunately Scheffler is so far ahead he can play conservative this last 9 to coast. I was hoping Smith could apply pressure so then would need to take a chance or 2 then Rory could sneak in the back door and maybe force a playoff. But looks like 2nd at best. 😥

Yeah unfortunately Scheffler is so far ahead he can play conservative this last 9 to coast. I was hoping Smith could apply pressure so then would need to take a chance or 2 then Rory could sneak in the back door and maybe force a playoff. But looks like 2nd at best. 😥
It can get lonely at the top at Augusta on Sunday. Lot of work left for Scheffler to seal the deal. Still has to get through Amen Corner.

If Scheffler pars 12.....he wins easily.

edit...........................maybe not:oops:

Ballsy birdie right there.

VN Store

Back