Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could be wrong, we'll obviously find out over time. But there's really no existing model for what's happening in college sports right now. No draft, no contracts with the team, no employees, free agency, athletes paid by third parties, recruits paid by third parties, transfers paid by third parties, heavy turnover every season in sports that require cooperative teamwork, and little agreement about how to regulate any of it. And to top all of that off, the new athletes are immature, coming straight out of high school with an overly large ego in many cases. IMO only, this is likely to fail in multiple spectacular ways.
Burn it all to the ground. I'm sick of the favoritism shown the Chosen few.

Lol, predictable response. It always gets to this weird point where the person who is offended they aren't being believed without proof questions your origin? That step never makes sense to me.

Yes, I'm from middle TN just west of Nashville just barely within cottonmouth range. I spent my formative years recreating in West and Middle TN, and occasionally in East - and my father was from Memphis then got a wildlife biology and fisheries ecology degree from UTK. I spent 4 years in Knoxville at the University of Tennessee earning my degree, where I spent every week on the water fishing from Nickajack to Norris or hiking in the mountains or plateau. Then I moved to Mississippi where I did two years earning my master's, doing fieldwork in the delta and spending my free time hunting and fishing on central and east MS public lands and waters. Now I live in Virginia, where I live just outside cottonmouth range. Again, where I spend any free time I have in the outdoors, because outdoor persuits is literally my life. I may have mentioned this before, but I was just published in the summer issue of a North American outdoors magazine.

Incredibly, I've easily seen cottonmouths within their documented range and never outside their documented range. Just like everyone else who's a herpetology expert.

Yes, I grew up here. Tennessee is my home, and I've flown the tristar and power T proudly wherever I've gone. Yes, I heard all the stories, myths, and rumors. Rumors, myths, and stories aren't evidence, and as I've already addressed the species we are talking about is the most misidentified species of snake on the planet. I've watched people I respect as outdoorsmen point to plain-bellied watersnakes and call them cottonmouths. I've watched people call queen snakes cottonmouths on Melton Hill, and common watersnakes cottonmouths on Douglas.

I've not once called you a liar. I don't think you're making it up. You 100% believe you saw a cottonmouth. I said you were in the least misinformed and would need to provide proof before being believed. That's how it works. I explained why it was so unlikely, statistically improbable if you will, that you saw what you thought you saw. Is there a chance? Yes. But you have to prove that to back it up. You simply cannot be believed by word alone because that's not how science works.

I don't claim to be smarter than you. But I do know, without a shadow of a doubt, that I am an expert in a handful of things because this is what I spend my life doing every day. I know more about this single subject than probably (because there might be another herpetologist somewhere in here) everyone on this board.

I would not be so foolish or arrogant as to think I knew more than you at the career you have. Because you're an expert in that work and I'm not.
Wildlife and Fisheries degree from UTK for me as well.
Is this argument about cottonmouths? I believe you know your stuff and you are right, there are no cottonmouths in East Tennessee

I could be wrong, we'll obviously find out over time. But there's really no existing model for what's happening in college sports right now. No draft, no contracts with the team, no employees, free agency, athletes paid by third parties, recruits paid by third parties, transfers paid by third parties, heavy turnover every season in sports that require cooperative teamwork, and little agreement about how to regulate any of it. And to top all of that off, the new athletes are immature, coming straight out of high school with an overly large ego in many cases. IMO only, this is likely to fail in multiple spectacular ways.

Paying players is not new. Doing it legally is. Football makes too much money for it to go away.

Killed a snake in my yard today. He was a blacksnake ( snakus blakus). He was black. And a snake. Therefore he was a blacksnake. When does football start?
R.ac914e10a5344912bcb1c78dbc44d799

Never heard of you killing any white snakes...

@Enki_Amenra I really don't want to do this all night. But you're putting a lot of words in my mouth and painting me as someone I'm not, doing things I'm not. Even going so far as to question whether or not I'm a Tennessean (which is pretty bold because we are on a Vols forum where 99% of us are or have been Tennesseans).

As I scientist, I cannot believe your word alone and its very unlikely what you claimed is true. I say that as a subject-matter expert. I am not calling you a liar.

I don't think you're a dumb redneck, and I never said that. I'm a proud hillbilly/redneck myself that became a scientist. I don't think I'm smarter than everyone else. I know what I know and what I'm an expert in.

I probably won't say more unless this just continues with unnecessary vitriol.
Hold up now… No one’s gone for the receipts, linked articles, chided someone’s political bias, issued a Waffle House warning…. this things going the distance whether you like it or not

Hold up now… No one’s gone for the receipts, linked articles, threatened to burn the local pub, chided someone’s political bias, issued a Waffle House warning…. this things going the distance whether you like it or not
Hey give me credit I offered a best 2 of 3 Uno round at Waffle House.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back