Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wear many hats. I do snake education, identification, and consultation for a group of 80k people on facebook and contribute ideas and advice to some herpetology research. Considering going back for a herpetology degree after my Ph.D.
nerd-the-simpsons.gif

German shepherd is the one who found it. She's playing with it.
Not recommended. One, bc your dog will probably injure/kill the snake. Some might think thats a good thing, but your dog will learn to do that to every snake and the next snake might be a copperhead or timber rattlesnake. Then you will have a hefty vet bill and possibly lose your pet (dogs are pretty resilient though). They actually have snake avoidance training courses for dogs that teaches your dog to steer clear for their safety.

We used to get field mice inside our cabin.

A ring neck bkck snake (1) was placed in the basement.

I never saw or heard tail 😀 of another mouse.
Ringnecks (Diadophis punctatus) don't eat mice. They rarely exceed 10" in length and eat small insects, slugs, worms, etc. You may be talking about a different species like an Eastern black kingsnake (Lampropeltis nigra) or if you're east of the smokies the Eastern kingsnake (Lampropeltis getula) which can have yellow/white rings and pattern. They're much larger and eat rodents and other snakes. Including venomous snakes.

Ringnecks (Diadophis punctatus) don't eat mice. They rarely exceed 10" in length and eat small insects, slugs, worms, etc. You may be talking about a different species like an Eastern black kingsnake (Lampropeltis nigra) or if you're east of the smokies the Eastern kingsnake (Lampropeltis getula) which can have yellow/white rings and pattern. They're much larger and eat rodents and other snakes. Including venomous snakes.
is there just a black snake?

Reactions: Brillovol
@SoilVol I was hoping this snake was the kind that eats venomous snakes but I'll settle for rodents. Anyway, snake hid somewhere. Dog is back to chasing birds. If there is a snake around, I'd rather her be the one to find it!

Last edited:
Not recommended. One, bc your dog will probably injure/kill the snake. Some might think thats a good thing, but your dog will learn to do that to every snake and the next snake might be a copperhead or timber rattlesnake. Then you will have a hefty vet bill and possibly lose your pet (dogs are pretty resilient though). They actually have snake avoidance training courses for dogs that teaches your dog to steer clear for their safety.
Yeah that's what cats are for

What did they give that horse? Do bath salts help you run fast?
We used to give anabolic steroids back when it was legal. It would make those horses very mean, like the horse that won yesterday. He can’t be on them, because they are banned, and he would test positive in a heartbeat.

We used to give anabolic steroids back when it was legal. It would make those horses very mean, like the horse that won yesterday. He can’t be on them, because they are banned, and he would test positive in a heartbeat.
That's a distraction for on down the road.

I wear many hats. I do snake education, identification, and consultation for a group of 80k people on facebook and contribute ideas and advice to some herpetology research. Considering going back for a herpetology degree after my Ph.D.

Paleontology was my plan when I was five

Herpetology was my plan when I was 15

Now at 25 I just want a good nights sleep
1652029564592.gif

Saved a king snake just last week.

I agree with Ulysses that I miss the old style of baseball a lot but I coach travel baseball and work with my son a lot…. I am constantly studying and learning bc I love baseball so much…. We sac bunt some(rarely) and sac flys are always in play….. The rest we will never try….. Analytics has shown that you score more runs if eliminate trying to manufacture runs from the equation…. It found that you are basically given up an out to try and get one run and that out is more valuable…. How may times has our fans wanted us to manufacture a run when we end acoring 8 runs the last three innings…. How many tubs would we have cost ourselves in those innings if we had given up outs?

Someone described an inside-out swing yesterday which is not taught anymore….They teach players to allow outside pitches to travel a little farther and drive the ball into the right center gap…. An ideal swing hits the ball from gap to gap.

Basketball analytics has taught us that thee pointers…. Layups/dunks….. free throws is how you win games…. We struggled on the last two measures of analytics.
Then I guess we just have to hope the entire lineup doesn't hit the skids at the same time.

“Alaska, Florida, Nevada, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Washington, and Wyoming do not levy state income taxes, while New Hampshire doesn't tax earned wages.” NH taxes investment income.

9 States With No Income Tax

Thanks.
If your retirement plans don’t include work, then move to a state with income tax . The remaining taxes are usually somewhat less…

Reactions: Volstar65
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back