Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm very disappointed you have yet to convert your wife to a Vol fan. You need to work on that.

Know when to pick your battles. Cut your losses, don’t overcommit troops or effort needlessly. Live to fight another day. And any other military platitudes that you think are appropriate here.
I get more Orange things that way…🤠

Know when to pick your battles. Cut your losses, don’t overcommit troops or effort needlessly. Live to fight another day. And any other military platitudes that you think are appropriate here.
I get more Orange things that way…🤠
You are the only person I’ve ever seen use the cowboy emoji and I can’t get enough of it. Gets me every time

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Yet with all the analytics, MLB is hitting .230 which is the worse in history. I don’t like giving up outs but if your facing a lights out guy, small ball may be the only way to get it done.
Yeah it’s dropped down this year…. I couldn’t find the up to date figures on this but the average fastball speed rose from 91.7 to 93.7 from 2008 to 2020…. The amount of revolutions has grown greatly as well which increases movement…. In 1968-69…. They adjusted the pitching mound height and the strike zone bc pitchers had become so dominate….. There is now a push to possibly move the pitchers mound back to the insane increased velocity and increased movement.

As for Tennessee…. You may see a bunt…. a stolen base….. sac flies(that’s not really small ball) but you will not see us hit behind runners…. Hit behind runners…. Or hit and run…… Has anyone seen us do any of those things in the past few years….We are extremely successful bc of how we play.

Yeah it’s dropped down this year…. I couldn’t find the up to date figures on this but the average fastball speed rose from 91.7 to 93.7 from 2008 to 2020…. The amount of revolutions has grown greatly as well which increases movement…. In 1968-69…. They adjusted the pitching mound height and the strike zone bc pitchers had become so dominate….. There is now a push to possibly move the pitchers mound back to the insane increased velocity and increased movement.

As for Tennessee…. You may see a bunt…. a stolen base….. sac flies(that’s not really small ball) but you will not see us hit behind runners…. Hit behind runners…. Or hit and run…… Has anyone seen us do any of those things in the past few years….We are extremely successful bc of how we play.
We tried multiple hit and runs this weekend. They just all failed spectacularly

The greater thing about that call is the horse’s name was not even mentioned until probably the 1/8 pole, maybe later. He literally came out of nowhere with a full head of steam and tired horses on the front end. I watched it again this morning and only followed that horse, and to see the traffic he had navigate in order to get there, is crazy. Also, you could see coming around the final turn that the jockey had some horse. He had to check him a couple of times due to traffic, but he was making up ground around the final turn.
Almost like he was running from you and your rubber glove, amirite?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back