Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, it's about time for me to take another trip out west.

I like you have always thought out west was something to see as well as the Maine Coastline. I did have a person tell me one time we never appreciate the Tennessee views because we see them all the time, just like people everywhere else I guess. He also told me to go to just about any place in Tennessee shut your eyes and spin around and when you open them you are looking at a post card view. Spin around again and you are looking at another post card view moment and he was right, everywhere you look, try it.

When I coached I always told my pitchers that there had never been a perfect game thrown and they always brought up this pitcher or that one and I would remind them that a true perfect game the pitcher only throws 27 pitches, one pitch, one out.....perfect.
81 pitches, all strikes for strikeouts, would be more perfect. It would mean batters couldn't even make contact.

Reactions: OrangenSC
For all the Baseball fans out there think about this: In today's baseball climate a pitcher like Greg Madux would have a hard time making it out of high school because of his velocity. I didn't say he wouldn't be found but it would be tough. They want them to throw HARD.

I went last year and watched a High School aged travel ball tournament and all of the prospects threw in the 90's on a radar gun. It has always amazed me as well that when people start talking about kids that live in their area's throwing it 100 mph.....BS. Those kids are few and far between and we are fortunate to have some Vols that can do it now.

If you want to get a thrill stand behind the backstop and watch a legit 100 mph pitch.......stunning.

I like you have always thought out west was something to see as well as the Maine Coastline. I did have a person tell me one time we never appreciate the Tennessee views because we see them all the time, just like people everywhere else I guess. He also told me to go to just about any place in Tennessee shut your eyes and spin around and when you open them you are looking at a post card view. Spin around again and you are looking at another post card view moment and he was right, everywhere you look, try it.

East TN around the Smokies yes. Rest of TN what the hell what that person smoking

Moral dilemma

I’m casually friendly with a woman at the gym. I notice her 15 year old son has been training with an older guy who I suspect uses steroids. Now, the son has an acne breakout on his back, consistent with steroid use.

Is it steroids?
Is it teenage acne?
Does she know if he’s on steroids?
If it’s acne only, is it insensitive to point it out?

ughh
Is the son making crazy gains in strength and size?

NC got the Mts.

Maine is bucket list.

Seems right, but then that kids pre workout could be destroying his hormone profile unbeknownst to his mother.

I left it alone but hated it
I understand, and sympathize, but the simple fact is you don't really know. Suspicion and actually knowing for a fact are two very different things.

Reactions: Billy Antrim
It's what we have with Walsh
Didn't say it couldn't be done but it would be tough. In HS he probably threw, say around 82-85......lots of those but not many of them had the control he had but he had to develop that as well over time and now days it would be the Jr College route but it can and has been done by several.

I think a college coach would see Maddux's pitches and be ok
It's what we have with Walsh
I just read about Maddux and they said his velocity in his early career was 93 mph and rapidly dropped to around 86 mph. So I stand corrected, he threw hard enough to get looked at then he got slow !!!! He was fun to watch no doubt. There is a pitcher for the Yankees named Nestor Cortes that is similar in the fact he eats the corners up. Fun to watch no doubt.

He clearly hasn't been to West TN. You'd have to spin around thousands of times to be dizzy enough to think the views are scenic.

Moral dilemma

I’m casually friendly with a woman at the gym. I notice her 15 year old son has been training with an older guy who I suspect uses steroids. Now, the son has an acne breakout on his back, consistent with steroid use.

Is it steroids?
Is it teenage acne?
Does she know if he’s on steroids?
If it’s acne only, is it insensitive to point it out?

ughh

The real question is, what's his BMI?

Reactions: ryan990
How much we betting on the Derby today?View attachment 453539

I found a crapload as well! Betting the bank account!

Toxicodendron_radicans3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back