Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we stand a pretty legitimate shot of getting swept. With two UK runners on and no outs in the bottom of the 8th I’m certainly not feeling like we’re gonna get this series.
Swept? We are still playing a full game after this one, aren’t we?

For all the Baseball fans out there think about this: In today's baseball climate a pitcher like Greg Madux would have a hard time making it out of high school because of his velocity. I didn't say he wouldn't be found but it would be tough. They want them to throw HARD.

I went last year and watched a High School aged travel ball tournament and all of the prospects threw in the 90's on a radar gun. It has always amazed me as well that when people start talking about kids that live in their area's throwing it 100 mph.....BS. Those kids are few and far between and we are fortunate to have some Vols that can do it now.

If you want to get a thrill stand behind the backstop and watch a legit 100 mph pitch.......stunning.
Don’t get it twisted. Young Maddox was throwing 93-94.

tenor.gif

Don’t get it twisted. Young Maddox was throwing 93-94.
If you had read the follow-up post you would have noticed I said that he was indeed throwing in the low 90's when he was young but eventually dropped down in the upper 80's. That being said if he had been throwing in the mid 80's in High School it would be hard, not impossible, to make it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back