New NIL Rules

Thanks for your clarification....

Sounds like a 360 degree vicious with any replacement organizations continuing to do business the same. Wash Rinse Repeat.

I wonder why the Presidents have not ensured that the NCAA administrative Rules and Guidance side of Athletic Operations has not forced more pressure on the NCAA to act vs react to situations.

The NCAA got caught with their pants down because they inept.

NCAA has never had enough resources to manage infractions. Why it takes years to reach a conclusion with most of the investigations. I don't know the reason.

Tennessee concluded their internal investigation on 11/13. We heard throughout that the NCAA was working with them lock step. I always questioned if that was the case but if it was, here we are almost 6 months from conclusion and still nothing coming out of the NCAA.

They only have 3 commits. And their per recruit average is 94.95. Which is #1 in the nation per average recruit.
Plenty of room on the bama bandwagon. If you jump on right now you might have a few more good years before Saban retires and they revert back to the 90s.

Reactions: LibertyVol
Plenty of room on the bama bandwagon. If you jump on right now you might have a few more good years before Saban retires and they revert back to the 90s.
It’s pretty naive to think they won’t be up near the top of the rankings again when December rolls around. They started off slow last year too.

I guess the true meaning is that Saban (Alabama) is totally against paying players in the open. They don't want anybody to know how much they pay each year under the table. Pruitt adopted/allowed the same practices here and got caught.
Pruitt got turned in.

Saban simply wants to retain the edge he has on some schools. Let’s be honest here most programs were cheating in some capacity especially in our conference; Bama, Florida, Georgia, Auburn, Ole Miss, Tennessee, etc all of those schools have paid players or given illegal benefits to conduce players to come to their school. Bama has just been better at it than most.

The portal and NIL have dynamically changed the rules and if you’re the best coach in the country with the old rules you for sure don’t want them to change.

He bragged about Bryce Young receiving One Million Dollars but can’t stomach the thought of opposing teams doing the same thing.

If that’s not being a hypocrite, then I don’t know what is.

"Schools with boosters who have communicated with players before they have signed with programs would be sanctioned" notice the word in the middle BEFORE. Before they have signed with a program let explain how this works and the NCAA has no control over it lol. What is going to happen is this is Spyre sports group is going to be the middle man that traffics money to recruits that has been funded by booster to get the kid to sign and once he signs then spyre sports group will repeat the process and find other top notch recruits and so will everybody else. The NCAA is nothing more than a group of people who has lost complete control but is trying to act like there still calling the shots. They won't exist in a few years.

It's already no longer college athletics. You cannot call these players amateur athletes anymore. Plus if it is ever decided that these athletes are employees of the university and not merely student athletes, well there goes any academic requirements for these players. They may never have to sit in a classroom the entire time they play for the school. It will truly be minor league football at that point. Then you have to wonder, what's next to go? The 4 year eligibility rule? What if a player decides they'd rather play in these ranks beyond the 4 years because they are getting a better deal than what they would in the NFL? Are they going to change that rule too? Will college football eventually become the true competitor to the NFL?
One other question. If they become employees of the university with no academic requirements, do the Title IX rules still apply? I don’t see how they would.

Love to see how NCAA retroactively restricts and sanctions something the courts have already okayed. This will be the end of the NCAA. First schools “sanctioned” will sue the NCAA into non-existence.

NCAA trying to restrict capitalism. Good luck with that.

Ya, the odds of the NCAA being able to defend this in court are right around 0

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain

Good lord. Some TN fans like you are pathetic. It like you cannot give credit where it’s due. Grow up.

Saban has lost respect from me as a person.

I’ve said all along that he’s the best College Football Coach of all time but he’s become the biggest hypocrite when it comes to NIL.

After losing out on Nico due to not wanting to get into a “bidding war” with Tennessee, sealed the deal for me.

He’s done this under the table since he’s been at Bama but since it’s legal now, he doesn’t agree with it.

Can’t have it both ways.

If he was doing it under the table how did he process so many players with none saying anything?

Love to see how NCAA retroactively restricts and sanctions something the courts have already okayed. This will be the end of the NCAA. First schools “sanctioned” will sue the NCAA into non-existence.

NIL is going to kill college sports.... eventually.

I'm lmao at people who somehow thought this was a good idea and it would self manage itself with no guidelines or limits.

Pandora’s box is open. Don’t see them being able to close it. The only way i see them somewhat being able to regulate it is somehow the athletic department separated from the university and become a developmental league. The university signs a contract with the respective team to lease out their name “UT Vols” and the facilities. Then the team or league can develop their own rules to govern the salary cap etc. the university gets it money from the negotiated contract and it would be up to the athletic franchise to make its money and rules.
Maybe this is a naïve question. How do you now get these kids with the big NIL deals to go to class? Do they pay someone to go to class for them? The kids who are unsure of a pro life will still go to class.

SCOTUS did not ok pay for play (offering recruits money to play at X school). They gave the ok to NIL to student athletes already on campus. This isn’t a new rule and even when the new NIL rule was made, it clearly stated it was for players on campus and could not be used in recruiting. @LWSVOL is correct.

Reading through some of the wording on this, it is the schools (Presidents) driving this bus, not the NCAA. Presidents don’t want paying recruits to come to school and want to curve the tampering of offering NIL to transfer players. Will it work? Mark me down as a skeptic.

Think of this as the Texas A&M rule.

ATM rule for recruiting and USC rule for tampering, that’s your showponys.

Reactions: kcvols1 and LWSVOL
SCOTUS did not ok pay for play (offering recruits money to play at X school). They gave the ok to NIL to student athletes already on campus. This isn’t a new rule and even when the new NIL rule was made, it clearly stated it was for players on campus and could not be used in recruiting. @LWSVOL is correct.

Reading through some of the wording on this, it is the schools (Presidents) driving this bus, not the NCAA. Presidents don’t want paying recruits to come to school and want to curve the tampering of offering NIL to transfer players. Will it work? Mark me down as a skeptic.

Think of this as the Texas A&M rule.

ATM rule for recruiting and USC rule for tampering, that’s your showponys.

Then states began passing laws allowing NiL to be a thing. In California, high school kids can sign NiL deals. Which is good and proper, because they can work in any other industry too. Thus someone from Spyre made a big offer to Nico, which he was legally able to accept. The NCAA isn't ever going to be able to restrict someone's ability to earn money. They are toothless.

Change you adapt or you get left behind. Right now you have a few whining and crying about it and a few that are adapting. Now the way life works a large majority of the time is if you are the one whining about the change and not adapting once that change whatever it may has fundamentally changed the entire structure landscape more times than none those that were whining don't exist in that new world that the change has created.

VN Store

Back