New NIL Rules

Love to see how NCAA retroactively restricts and sanctions something the courts have already okayed. This will be the end of the NCAA. First schools “sanctioned” will sue the NCAA into non-existence.

NCAA trying to restrict capitalism. Good luck with that.

Love to see how NCAA retroactively restricts and sanctions something the courts have already okayed. This will be the end of the NCAA. First schools “sanctioned” will sue the NCAA into non-existence.

facts

cant break a law that never existed.

It's misleading because those aren't the new rules. It's the pipedream of an administrator of a school who is likely failing at NiL.

Imagine the NBA telling Michael Jordan he can't earn money from Nike. The Supreme Court already lit the NCAA on fire and if they keep it up they'll be sharing their revenue with players too.

In the NFL players get 48 percent of the total revenue. It'll be hilarious when these moronic administrators are playing out nearly half their revenue, having to provide insurance and a pension system for the players and the players are still getting NiL money.

Imagine, just because you attended a university, the NCAA is attempting to dictate who you can hire and how you can spend your money. Frankly, that was likely an overreach by them from day one.

The geniuses like that unnamed administrative assistance quoted in the article, the one who said it was about "preserving amateurism in college sports," just don't want to face facts. There is no more amateurism. It's over. Good or bad, it's over. You can't preserve amateurism and be throwing around hundreds of thousands of dollars at players left and right. They are incompatible concepts. And the momentum right now is completely behind unbridled payments to players. Unless that's somehow reversed, it's over.

The next question is, why should education institutions be associated with professional sports teams? The athletics programs will have to kick that can as far down the road as they can, because they aren't going to like what comes after.

the courts did NOT ok contact between recruits and school boosters. it has been against the rules for boosters to have contact with recruits for as long as I had season tickets (since 1975) and Tennessee reminded me of that every year. With NIL, if a booster contacts a recruit promising money before that recruit signs with that school, that breaks a long standing rule. I personally know people who have lost their season tickets and access to athletic events for breaking that rule. as far back as the 80s. Its nothing new.

Private meeting in Sabans office:
Little Nicky to assistants - "why aren't our fans and boosters giving millions so we can keep up with NIL", "I have to go out a rail against NIL so I don't look like a failure at something"
assistants - "you know our fans are aren't like the leading NIL schools, they are bandwagon fans that can't name a Bama head coach past you", "they are not smart enough to see that NIL can end our, I mean your, Dynasty"
Little Nicky - "Kids these days are all "Show me the money" , "they want to be rich in college and not wait there 3 years to make the NFL" , "get out there and get the boosters and fans to give, I can't retire with my recruiting classes going down"

It is Obvious that the NCAA is way too Late to the NIL Party
In an afterthought their desire after the fact was to turn their Organization into one of more Power and Governance over College Athletics.
In contrast, The NCAA has never been organized to perform such a task nor has it been able to regulate, enforce, or administrate the tasks in it's own Charter currently.
Giving the NCAA the authority to do so will only increase and contribute to the problem resulting in more violations.
This is an Ad Hoc Organization, that can't even conduct a time investigation in a reasonable time frame. So why increase the workload and by doing so it will lead to an Epic Fail and business as usual
Inept is the best word to describe the NCAA.
It was a good thought many years ago but it has outlived its purpose and needs to be dissolved and restructured under a new Name.

This is nothing new. Same rules that have been around forever. NCAA seems to be trying to maintain some sense of importance.

Saban has lost respect from me as a person.

I’ve said all along that he’s the best College Football Coach of all time but he’s become the biggest hypocrite when it comes to NIL.

After losing out on Nico due to not wanting to get into a “bidding war” with Tennessee, sealed the deal for me.

He’s done this under the table since he’s been at Bama but since it’s legal now, he doesn’t agree with it.

Can’t have it both ways.

VN Store

Back