Tennessee Vols Basketball Recruiting

Brooks is a big match-up problem for teams. Would be awesome to add. UK fans had a love/hate relationship with him. Obviously pretty inconsistent guy.

Brooks doesn't excite me on offense a ton, but we have other scorers so we don't need him to be an elite scorer.

He's versatile and a good defender, which I do like.

But I wouldn't be surprised to see him go to UNC because apparently he's been linked there a ton already? At least according to Twitter.

Brooks doesn't excite me on offense a ton, but we have other scorers so we don't need him to be an elite scorer.

He's versatile and a good defender, which I do like.

But I wouldn't be surprised to see him go to UNC because apparently he's been linked there a ton already? At least according to Twitter.
Pretty sure UNC was runner up for him in his initial recruitment. Would make sense.

Louisville people seem to believe Tyrese Hunter is theirs to lose. Also seem to think they’ll get Emoni Bates, too. Don’t know if Payne can coach or not, but his recruiting chops are potentially already shining through if all of this does come to fruition. Pretty solid off-season for the Cards.

Louisville people seem to believe Tyrese Hunter is theirs to lose. Also seem to think they’ll get Emoni Bates, too. Don’t know if Payne can coach or not, but his recruiting chops are potentially already shining through if all of this does come to fruition. Pretty solid off-season for the Cards.
Dal's Dad will love that, me and Dal, not so much

Reactions: Dallasbowlin
Gary Parrish told 2 stories tonight while I was driving to the Big Orange Caravan in Memphis. One P5 coach told him that he expects more coaches fired or retiring in the next 5 years than combined in the last 50. Says coaches will be under pressure and NIL can be hard to handle. Also said he worked harder this April than any other April, and coaches realize that they have enough money and want family time.

Another coach told him about the transfer from South Dakota State. His agent was calling teams telling them the minimum requirement. Coach said they could have matched NIL, but it was more than any of his current players were making, so they passed so as not to upset their locker room. Coach also said to watch some non-football schools. While football schools have more money overall, purely basketball schools can offer more in that sport. I thought about SLU putting together a deal for Collins.

He’s offering PT, NIL and the start of a new era. Hard not to buy in.

Reactions: Ryno14
plus he hired Nolan Smith, they might be back to national promince in the two years .

Reactions: hotcypress
Other teams are using the portal to get better. We need to find a way to do the same.

Other teams are using the portal to get better. We need to find a way to do the same.
Are we not getting the financial resources in basketball that we are in football? Is Barnes reluctant to play with the money as much? We’re killing it in football but many swings and misses in basketball so far

Are we not getting the financial resources in basketball that we are in football? Is Barnes reluctant to play with the money as much? We’re killing it in football but many swings and misses in basketball so far

Because Basketball isn’t as important as football for most of the fanbase.

Reactions: b_gann
I'll take both the St. Bonaventure guys if that's what it takes to land one of them.
If we could get both for what Phillips is asking, you betcha I'd do it. Personally, I'd take any two of the guys on our list over Phillips especially if they have multiple years of eligibility left.

Basketball is more "used car salesman" than football unfortunately. Most these guys looking to move are wanting guaranteed playing time.

In football you have dozens of spots where a guy can get that. In basketball you really only got 5-8 spots with quality minutes. And if you're a 1 and done (transfer or HS player) you ask for minutes before earning them.

Barnes shoots it straight, he's not going to give anyone minutes they don't earn. If this was the late 80s and early 90s we'd be stacked because of that mindset...but we're in a softer and more entitled era of basketball.

Need more ZZ/JJJ/Santi players and less Burns/BHH types.

Perhaps an underrated lineup, but nowhere near "easily the best lineup in the SEC".

I don't think any team would worry me next year if that were to be our starting 5. May just be cockiness, but with that starting 5 and ZZ, Key, Aidoo, etc. coming from the bench, it would be hard not to be. At the end of the day, that more than likely wont be our lineup so

I don't think any team would worry me next year if that were to be our starting 5. May just be cockiness, but with that starting 5 and ZZ, Key, Aidoo, etc. coming from the bench, it would be hard not to be. At the end of the day, that more than likely wont be our lineup so

I think there is a big difference though in being "easily the best lineup in the SEC" and "not being worried" about any team. I think it's a solid lineup, and I wouldn't be "worried" by any means, but if that is our starting 5 it means Phillips went to Auburn (most likely) and if that is the case I don't think that starting 5 for Tennessee is even Top 4.

Kentucky
Arkansas
Auburn
Alabama

Those teams likely field a better starting 5 on paper in this scenario. Doesn't mean we finished 5th in the SEC, but I don't think we'd be even close to having the best lineup.

VN Store

Back