Tennessee Vols Basketball Recruiting

What’s the point of entering the portal if the plan is to go to the NBA?
He knows he's not gonna be in the top 60 that are drafted. He wants the feedback players can get from entering the process, but he likely knows where he stands among his peers. I know Barnes is always pining after a stretch 4, so I wouldn't be shocked if we gave him a call.

We'll see another big wave of transfer commits after players make their final decisions to stay in the draft. Guys like McCullar are already laying out their choices if they don't stay in the draft.

Reactions: coachputmein
I like Likekele's potential. Physically and athletically looks really similar to UK's past guards. Hopefully we can at least land Awaka to finish the class.

Was really hoping we'd find an alpha to run the point but oh well.

He knows he's not gonna be in the top 60 that are drafted. He wants the feedback players can get from entering the process, but he likely knows where he stands among his peers. I know Barnes is always pining after a stretch 4, so I wouldn't be shocked if we gave him a call.

We'll see another big wave of transfer commits after players make their final decisions to stay in the draft. Guys like McCullar are already laying out their choices if they don't stay in the draft.
The deadline to enter the transfer portal and be eligible for next season was yesterday.

Edit: Nm - you said commits.

I like Likekele's potential. Physically and athletically looks really similar to UK's past guards. Hopefully we can at least land Awaka to finish the class.

Was really hoping we'd find an alpha to run the point but oh well.
Frankie Collins would be a big get. He’s at least interested in what we have to offer, so that’s promising.

Reactions: HeadVol77
Personally I'd have McCullar as a take over a few other names. 6'6" rebounds and plays great defense. He's versatile like JJJ as well. With us losing Q & Powell, and even Bailey to an extent we don't have very much size in the guard group.

I still think you want to add a true PG. But a guy like McCullar gives us a lot more freedom with the roster. As pointed out he could play the 2 or 3 and him at the 3 with JJJ at the 4 allows us to play small ball without getting too small.
He’s the kind of player we’ve been needing on paper. An athlete on the wing that can do a little of everything. We had a great season last year but played so small at guard and wing. I’d love to have this kid

Be a day 1 starter with our current roster. Not super exciting but we could finish a lot worse.

He’s shown flashes of being an incredible player (scored 27 at Kansas this year). Always reminded me of Tyler Smith, undersized 4 with a knack for getting to his spot. There’s also tremendous value in getting someone who’s already proven they can do it on the biggest stage, I’d be pretty excited if we land him.

He’s shown flashes of being an incredible player (scored 27 at Kansas this year). Always reminded me of Tyler Smith, undersized 4 with a knack for getting to his spot. There’s also tremendous value in getting someone who’s already proven they can do it on the biggest stage, I’d be pretty excited if we land him.
Absolutely agree. I've thought the same.

His mid range game would seemingly fit our system to a T, no pun intended lol

VN Store

Back