LV Softball Series Thread - WCU, Texas A&M

And of the 2 usable pitchers on this team, one stays hurt because we have to overwork her, and the other tops out at 59 mph. What are we doing in recruiting?

Is Rogers on the shelf again? I assume so since she didn't pitch today. Great comeback today--super job--but we aren't going to do much in the post-season without Rogers in top form, and she's either been hurt or not close to her top form this season. It is frustrating: Is there a top program in the country that brings in more pitchers year after year after year and get our pitching is always shaky? Edmundson has been solid/good--and thank goodness for her.

Reactions: orange beard
Is Rogers on the shelf again? I assume so since she didn't pitch today. Great comeback today--super job--but we aren't going to do much in the post-season without Rogers in top form, and she's either been hurt or not close to her top form this season. It is frustrating: Is there a top program in the country that brings in more pitchers year after year after year and get our pitching is always shaky? Edmundson has been solid/good--and thank goodness for her.
Rogers must not be recovered. In the dugout it looked like she had the forearm tape again, and I could be wrong, but I hadn’t seen it in a few weeks.

Rogers must not be recovered. In the dugout it looked like she had the forearm tape again, and I could be wrong, but I hadn’t seen it in a few weeks.

She’s had the forearm tape for two years. They said on the TV broadcast that she was scratched from the start after warmups, so that doesn’t sound great, especially since she hadn’t thrown since last Sunday.

I mentioned this a couple of weeks ago, I think after her first start coming back from the injury: She was being interviewed, post-game, and was holding her forearm throughout the chat. She said she felt good, but watching her holding her arm, I had a feeling there was still some discomfort. It's too bad for her and the team...

Great win for the girls today. They really did play for each other and never gave up. Happy Kelcy got the game-winner with mom, dad, and twin sisters in town from Texas. However, as the game progressed I was watching the bullpen and the faces and energy down there was not good. They are trying and doing their best…………..but No Ashley No World Series. We just can’t hope to outhit good teams in a regional and definitely not 2 out of 3 in a Super. I’m getting very concerned especially with the scratch. We’ll see if she goes tomorrow.

Question for the more informed Lady Vol softball fans. Is M. Shipman an LVFL or an ex-Vol? Watched the SEC Network show on BB and softball and came away feeling both our teams were dissed. The men got a 5 second reference to winning the last two as the credits rolled, and the major takeaways on ladies game even when showing the walkoff was that the game went 3:11 because neither team could throw strikes. Based on this first viewing they even mis-spelled the the shows name so I will correct it here, Rally Crap.

But back to the question, has MS gone to the other side since sister left for BAMA? Were there issues when she left our staff? She even took a shot at our BB flame thrower in the process.

Thoughts before I pull out my voodoo dolls? They referenced the men’s Friday loss score but not the two blowout scores in response to their FIRST conference loss. Kind of odd treatment for the #1 team in the land. Liked Arky and Vandy though, as well as their feature about some Bama player with bats doused in stuff and ignited.

Kind of an oh boy TAM LV game tonite promo.

Thanks hope it was just a bad day for her.

Replays till noon ET if interested.

Last edited:
Question for the more informed Lady Vol softball fans. Is M. Shipman an LVFL or an ex-Vol? Watched the SEC Network show on BB and softball and came away feeling both our teams were dissed. The men got a 5 second reference to winning the last two as the credits rolled, and the major takeaways on ladies game even when showing the walkoff was that the game went 3:11 because neither team could throw strikes. Based on this first viewing they even mis-spelled the the shows name so I will correct it here, Rally Crap.

But back to the question, has MS gone to the other side since sister left for BAMA? Were there issues when she left our staff? She even took a shot at our BB flame thrower in the process.

Thoughts before I pull out my voodoo dolls? They referenced the men’s Friday loss score but not the two blowout scores in response to their FIRST conference loss. Kind of odd treatment for the #1 team in the land. Liked Arky and Vandy though, as well as their feature about some Bama player with bats doused in stuff and ignited.

Family over degree. I always value true opinions in regards to sports even if your former team is sub .500 than trying to spin that they are a national title contender. No issues, just believe better opportunity to be in broadcasting booth than an assistant coach.

Last edited:
Reactions: anecwnrjcns12

No issues when she left the staff at all, that was her choice, she had the option to return. Just figured out coaching wasn’t for her. She had it as a side gig while she was still playing, because it gave her a place to train and everything for free. Once she retired, it didn’t make sense to continue in the spot. I don’t know if it has changed recently, but she had not even given private lessons since leaving UT until at least she had her second baby.

As for the TV show, the talent typically doesn’t have a big impact on what is covered or for how long, that is a producer and the writers. I will say that most of that show is recorded in the late afternoon, so it’s no surprise they didn’t spend much time on our game, 90% of it was probably in the can before the walk off happened. They were correct, pitching played a big role in the game lasting nearly an hour longer than the average game has across the country this season.

No issues when she left the staff at all, that was her choice, she had the option to return. Just figured out coaching wasn’t for her. She had it as a side gig while she was still playing, because it gave her a place to train and everything for free. Once she retired, it didn’t make sense to continue in the spot. I don’t know if it has changed recently, but she had not even given private lessons since leaving UT until at least she had her second baby.

As for the TV show, the talent typically doesn’t have a big impact on what is covered or for how long, that is a producer and the writers. I will say that most of that show is recorded in the late afternoon, so it’s no surprise they didn’t spend much time on our game, 90% of it was probably in the can before the walk off happened. They were correct, pitching played a big role in the game lasting nearly an hour longer than the average game has across the country this season.
Isn't she a really successful real estate agent??

I hear you BUT the men’s game was over I think before our 3:11 Ladies game started and that was there only point of emphasis for them. Sure passed on the doing what they have to do with the bats option. No balance on UT.

For the record, why did her sister transfer? Never heard.

Reactions: Franklin Pierce
I can't wait for the "this team will be fine" post from the usual suspect after the game is over. This team isn't fine. There are huge issues with the pitching staff and we will be lucky to get out of a regional. Actually I'd be stunned if we make it out of a regional.

@ me next time man....You're better than this

Reactions: anecwnrjcns12
20220417_SB_Texas_A_M_IC_0372.jpg

It's a shame fans can't enjoy wins like the team.

Now that’s a picture

Glad to see the Lady Vols Softball Team celebrate a great moment. Back to back walk-off homeruns. Nothing bigger than a grand slam in sports. Special! However, having said that the pink "Daddy" cap and the fur coat that the men sport after a homerun... dosen't work if you aren't ranked #1 with a record of 33-3 and 14-1 in the SEC. That's called swagger. If you go there...be prepared-to-back-it -up. Hence the drama of the Alabama and Tennessee series this weekend. Intense drama!

I didn't realize this was Twitter. Also, I didn't remember your screenname, anyway, because your posts aren't that memorable other than that same line you pull out after every loss.

You hit @ @volman128 and it pulls up whomever you're looking for @Freak added it I believe a year ago. You're right I do say it after every loss because its true. Previous teams I couldn't say that but this team is full of grit because they don't care how it's done or who gets credit they just want to win.

VN Store

Back