I need positive vibes and prayers for my wife **Update in original post**

Prayers brother. Recently I had a bad bicycle accident. Spent 4 days in the hospital. One of my injuries was a severe concussion with complete amnesia. I still don’t remember that day. My wife said I wasn’t myself for several days after getting home. Slowed speech and confusion. I am now back to normal. Still recovering from other injuries but my mind is clear. Give it a little time. I pray she returns to normal soon.

One last thing xman. I was a sports Chiropractor for over twenty years and I saw a few concussion syndrome cases during my career. They all presented differently. Some recovered quickly and some literally took months. Don't get too concerned if it takes some time. The older the individual the longer the recovery in most cases as with all injuries.

Former Vol baseball and VFL here.

On Sunday my wife took a nasty fall down our basement stairs. I was in Florida and had to rush 9 hours home. She went to the hospital and got staples and stiches. Her CT was negative and was diagnosed with a concussion.

I took her back Wednesday because I saw changes in her behavior. I'm a RN and this is probably making it worse in a way because I'm watching every movement and I'm nervous as hell. A repeat CT was negative and she saw a neurology who says she has post concussion syndrome.

We are in the ER again because of more and different symptoms. She is back now getting a CT. Can't get MRI because of staples.

I'll be honest and tell you I'm not the most religious guy. But I will ask that everyone keeps her in her thoughts and if prayer is what you believe in, pray for her.

GBO
I shared your post in another group. Hope that's okay.

On Sunday my wife took a nasty fall down our basement stairs. I was in Florida and had to rush 9 hours home. She went to the hospital and got staples and stiches. Her CT was negative and was diagnosed with a concussion.

I took her back Wednesday because I saw changes in her behavior. I'm a RN and this is probably making it worse in a way because I'm watching every movement and I'm nervous as hell. A repeat CT was negative and she saw a neurology who says she has post concussion syndrome.

We are in the ER again because of more and different symptoms. She is back now getting a CT. Can't get MRI because of staples.

I'll be honest and tell you I'm not the most religious guy. But I will ask that everyone keeps her in her thoughts and if prayer is what you believe in, pray for her.

GBO
We'll definitely be praying

GBO

Prayers sent.

GBO
Praying for her recovery and for your strength. The Lord will see you both through this trying time.

GBO
You and your wife will be in my prayers.

GBO
I'm praying now for your precious wife....calling out to the Great Physician who's name is Jesus!!

GBO
If I were God, I’d probably be spending the day kicking myself in the backside for giving up my only son for such an ungrateful population…but he is not.
He is hearing and answering prayers every day. It may not be the answer you’re looking for but he going to give one.
In 1990 my mother died with cancer. Kindest, sweetest most loving woman I’d ever met then and to this day. Worshipped and prayed daily. Never smoked or drank or even took medication before diagnosed.
When she died, I struggled to keep believing. Yea Then an old preacher told me she was too good for this world and God called her home. I still struggled with the 8 years of suffering and fighting she did but that was the answer to my prayers.
Prayers sent for your wife. Be at peace as God’s will, will be done.

Reactions: xman1102
Prayers brother. Recently I had a bad bicycle accident. Spent 4 days in the hospital. One of my injuries was a severe concussion with complete amnesia. I still don’t remember that day. My wife said I wasn’t myself for several days after getting home. Slowed speech and confusion. I am now back to normal. Still recovering from other injuries but my mind is clear. Give it a little time. I pray she returns to normal soon.
What happened? I took a nasty spill 7-8 years ago. Was nearing the bottom of a hill going 25 or so and a dog ran out to chase me, but ended up running into my front wheel and peddle.

Reactions: VolFaninFla
Jesus never liked religion either ..Go into a room and call upon his name to reveal himself to you ...Ask him to do something specific in your mind that only you and him know ..Pray for your wife , speak to the Lord as if you are speaking to us ..Don't try to give some great prayer ,just shoot him straight ..Those who honestly seek him he will reveal himself to.. You have a measure of faith or you wouldn't be asking us to pray for her ..God gave you that to seek him ..The bible tells you God uses all things for good , even in this if you find the Lord Jesus Christ it will be a blessing ..Notice I said he uses , he didn't cause her to fall ..I will pray ..I lost my brother 2 years ago today so I understand what your going through in a sense..
Wisdom.

Peter said, "Silver and gold have I none, but what I have I give unto you - in the name of Jesus of Nazareth, rise up and walk."

Praise His name, there's healing in it. He can heal your life as well as your wife's body. Prayers for you both.

What happened? I took a nasty spill 7-8 years ago. Was nearing the bottom of a hill going 25 or so and a dog ran out to chase me, but ended up running into my front wheel and peddle.
Lost my front wheel when another rider crossed. Broke three ribs, punctured my lung, lung collapsed, internal bleeding, pneumothorax (air), severe concussion, complete amnesia, AC separation, rotator cuff tear and torn ligament in my knee. Not to be dramatic but the doctor told me, if I wasn't as strong or in as good shape as I was in and if my wife didn't take me to the emergency room I wouldn't have survived. I feel blessed but it will take time to heal completely.

Lost my front wheel when another rider crossed. Broke three ribs, punctured my lung, lung collapsed, internal bleeding, pneumothorax (air), severe concussion, complete amnesia, AC separation, rotator cuff tear and torn ligament in my knee. Not to be dramatic but the doctor told me, if I wasn't as strong or in as good shape as I was in and if my wife didn't take me to the emergency room I wouldn't have survived. I feel blessed but it will take time to heal completely.
That sounds brutal. I was fortunate to not have a head injury or any broken bones, but I had some severe road rash. I also ended up having to have rotator cuff surgery a year and a half ago due to the damage caused by the crash.

That happened to me once, except I was on a motorcycle and it was my neighbors puppy. I will never forget that image when I looked in to my mirror. Poor thing.

I will pray for you and your wife. Ask God and His Son and the Holy Spirit to take over your lives and He will and healing WILL occur.

VN Store

Back