I need positive vibes and prayers for my wife **Update in original post**

xman1102

Former Vol baseball and VFL here.

On Sunday my wife took a nasty fall down our basement stairs. I was in Florida and had to rush 9 hours home. She went to the hospital and got staples and stiches. Her CT was negative and was diagnosed with a concussion.

I took her back Wednesday because I saw changes in her behavior. I'm a RN and this is probably making it worse in a way because I'm watching every movement and I'm nervous as hell. A repeat CT was negative and she saw a neurology who says she has post concussion syndrome.

We are in the ER again because of more and different symptoms. She is back now getting a CT. Can't get MRI because of staples.

I'll be honest and tell you I'm not the most religious guy. But I will ask that everyone keeps her in her thoughts and if prayer is what you believe in, pray for her.

*Update* My wife couldn't get an MRI because she had staples in her head from the fall. I had become very very worried because she was having major speech issues that would come and go. Staples came out Tuesday and we saw the Neurologist on Wednesday. Other than her speech, everything else was back to normal. Neurologist felt very strong that if her MRI comes back normal, her speech would normalize as well. She had her MRI yesterday and it was NORMAL! This is all post concussion syndrome and in time will heal and her speech will resolve.
Again, Vol nation is amazing and we are grateful for all the kind thoughts that were provided!

GBO

Last edited:

On Sunday my wife took a nasty fall down our basement stairs. I was in Florida and had to rush 9 hours home. She went to the hospital and got staples and stiches. Her CT was negative and was diagnosed with a concussion.

I took her back Wednesday because I saw changes in her behavior. I'm a RN and this is probably making it worse in a way because I'm watching every movement and I'm nervous as hell. A repeat CT was negative and she saw a neurology who says she has post concussion syndrome.

We are in the ER again because of more and different symptoms. She is back now getting a CT. Can't get MRI because of staples.

I'll be honest and tell you I'm not the most religious guy. But I will ask that everyone keeps her in her thoughts and if prayer is what you believe in, pray for her.

GBO
Jesus never liked religion either ..Go into a room and call upon his name to reveal himself to you ...Ask him to do something specific in your mind that only you and him know ..Pray for your wife , speak to the Lord as if you are speaking to us ..Don't try to give some great prayer ,just shoot him straight ..Those who honestly seek him he will reveal himself to.. You have a measure of faith or you wouldn't be asking us to pray for her ..God gave you that to seek him ..The bible tells you God uses all things for good , even in this if you find the Lord Jesus Christ it will be a blessing ..Notice I said he uses , he didn't cause her to fall ..I will pray ..I lost my brother 2 years ago today so I understand what your going through in a sense..

GBO
Went through a little of that a few years ago. Strangest thing I've ever been through that thankfully cleared up after about a 3 days basically in the dark.

GBO
Prayers for you and your wife.

GBO

You got mine, xman. Former EMT here, and have seen several of this type of cases before. Also, I had a concussion that caused me a similar issue just after getting out of HS. So, I have had a taste of what you all are going through. I recovered from it, and I am praying she does as well. Praying hard.

Prayers up brother.

Good move on "religion." Not for me either. Get on your knees and start a personal relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ. Especially, today. This is Passover, when Jesus laid down his life for us, even though we are sinners. Then, He rose! He is risen. That is our faith. That is the Gospel (aka, The Good News).

Jesus never liked religion either ..Go into a room and call upon his name to reveal himself to you ...Ask him to do something specific in your mind that only you and him know ..Pray for your wife , speak to the Lord as if you are speaking to us ..Don't try to give some great prayer ,just shoot him straight ..Those who honestly seek him he will reveal himself to.. You have a measure of faith or you wouldn't be asking us to pray for her ..God gave you that to seek him ..The bible tells you God uses all things for good , even in this if you find the Lord Jesus Christ it will be a blessing ..Notice I said he uses , he didn't cause her to fall ..I will pray ..I lost my brother 2 years ago today so I understand what your going through in a sense..
This is telling you like it is. I couldn't have said it any better. God is good all the time, all the time God is good.

Reactions: tennrich1

GBO

Prayers for wife and you.

Reactions: xman1102

VN Store

Back