Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I played. Probably at a higher level than you’d think. Not saying it’s easy. Many of those pitches were filthy. I’d like to think they’d seen better pitching than a guy with a 9ERA. We swung at some absolutely awful pitches tonight and the pitcher threw some really good ones. It can be both. The ump definitely loved that outside “corner“. The catcher would catch it behind the plate on the corner sometimes but when it’s swooping in 5 inches off the plate nearly coming in at an angle it’s not a strike and never crossed over the plate at all many times.

It was just a bad night. They let him get up in the count by not swinging at the first good pitch with a lot of ABs. Then they would swing at the breaking ball at the ankles/dirt. The ump would call the pitch the went around the plate on the outside a strike as you posted.

Perfect storm. Moving on.

Let's just be happy with the season the guys have delivered to this point along with the #1 ranking. Baseball can be weird - like tonight. Sunday's game against Mizzou was a precursor to this one.

Just win 2/3 in each series and follow the path to the CWS. Once there, get hot again.
Quite a few ranked teams lost tonight, including Florida.

Yes I played. Probably at a higher level than you’d think. Not saying it’s easy. Many of those pitches were filthy. I’d like to think they’d seen better pitching than a guy with a 9ERA. We swung at some absolutely awful pitches tonight and the pitcher threw some really good ones. It can be both. The ump definitely loved that outside “corner“. The catcher would catch it behind the plate on the corner sometimes but when it’s swooping in 5 inches off the plate nearly coming in at an angle it’s not a strike and never crossed over the plate at all many times.

I understand. I’m just suggesting that it’s not always solely our team’s poor performance. The pitcher threw some nice pitches, and major league hitters can’t catch up with the type of breaking balls he was throwing. The third strike on Dickey was ridiculous. You can’t call a strike on a pitch that literally can’t be reached with the swing of the bat, and I was a pitcher growing up.

Sometimes, you just tip your cap to the opponent, and it’s a midweek game where titles are not lost.

One of my friend’s brother mad his own stats website for baseball. (Just for fun because he likes baseball and stats) It was so impressive that the Houston Astros hired him.
Now MLB wants him to set it up for every team… I know, cool story 😎
Ok. That is pretty freaking cool!

It was just a bad night. They let him get up in the count by not swinging at the first good pitch with a lot of ABs. Then they would swing at the breaking ball at the ankles/dirt. The ump would call the pitch the went around the plate on the outside a strike as you posted.

Perfect storm. Moving on.
I get so mad when people take a first pitch fastball that’s right down the middle. Mainly when I watch the MLB because every pitcher has nasty off speed stuff. The first pitch of every game is 99/100 a fast ball right down the pipe.

Wow. Good teams lose baseball games. It happens.

You win a 100 in the MLB, you’re doing great. Also means you lost 40 percent of your games.
I've been trying to tell everybody that...

The freaking 1927 Yankees lost a third of their games...they lost 4 games against the worst team in the league that year, the Boston Red Socks...

Come on people, we didn't lose because "TV took them lightly" or "Because we got cocky and used wooden bats in a novelty game"

We lost because it is f'n baseball and you don't win them all...and sometimes you even lose to teams you vastly outclass and would beat 95 out of 100 times.

I love y'all...but y'all are full of 🦬💩.

Last edited:
Did you play? He threw his breaking ball really well. The pitch looks to be in the zone and then breaks. It’s not quite as easy to lay off as you suggest.

The other part that awful is that his high breaking balls got called as strikes. Your chances are slim when that’s the case. I think you have to tip your hat to the pitching.
You know the game...most of these guys don't.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Well then you should know that 💩ty games like this happen...this ain't even close to the best offense that I've seen shut down by a guy with a stratospheric ERA, and it won't be the last bad game at the plate against crappy pitching this season.

How many times did you o'fer against a spaghetti armed junkballer getting good calls and bad swings?

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back