Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were one win away from tying the all-time SEC winning streak and the opponent standing in the way was 17-12 TN Tech. I do not think losing this game was good for us. I think winning it would have been better for the program. Those records are hard to get and UT doesn't have many of them. But... on to Bama.
As long as we win the CWS, all will be forgiven.

People don’t realize how much harder it is to hit with wooden bats.
I think we are just swinging earlier because wooden bats are heavier. Less time to process what's coming at us. Really weird though.
You choose a bat based in part on weight and feel. A 30 ounce bat is a 30 ounce bat; doesn’t matter what it’s made of. The material doesn’t make it any easier or harder to hit the ball. It can determine how fast the ball comes off the bat, but not whether or not the ball is hit.

What does make it harder to hit is swinging at bad pitches.

Reminds me of the scene from super troopers, where they're shooting the bullet-proof cup and there's a stray bullet hole up on the chest. . .
"How's your aim?"
"Good"
"What about that guy?"
"What? That little guy? I wouldn't worry about that little guy."

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
You choose a bat based in part on weight and feel. A 30 ounce bat is a 30 ounce bat; doesn’t matter what it’s made of. The material doesn’t make it any easier or harder to hit the ball. It can determine how fast the ball comes off the bat, but not whether or not the ball is hit.

What does make it harder to hit is swinging at bad pitches.
Don’t think that was the argument from me. Wood bats are harder to hit with more power and distance. That’s what I was referring to. We wouldn’t have 70+ HR this season if we used wood. Pros make it look easy but they are pros. Our game has been extra base hits and HR all season and wood bats make that harder.

The biggest concern is these dudes swinging at the worst pitches ever thrown! Everyone just needs to throw a junk ball pitcher against us.

Did you play? He threw his breaking ball really well. The pitch looks to be in the zone and then breaks. It’s not quite as easy to lay off as you suggest.

The other part that awful is that his high breaking balls got called as strikes. Your chances are slim when that’s the case. I think you have to tip your hat to the pitching.

We were one win away from tying the all-time SEC winning streak and the opponent standing in the way was 17-12 TN Tech. I do not think losing this game was good for us. I think winning it would have been better for the program. Those records are hard to get and UT doesn't have many of them. But... on to Bama.

I somewhat agree, LA. But the end goal is not to have a record for a winning streak. I hope we have something better to claim this year.

Hope so. I think he’s a decent player but never really thought he’d get drafted high enough to leave early. Basketball only has two rounds and many first round picks are down in the G League each year.

franklin vol said he told the staff yesterday he was returning, that's it. nothing else.

Let's just be happy with the season the guys have delivered to this point along with the #1 ranking. Baseball can be weird - like tonight. Sunday's game against Mizzou was a precursor to this one.

Just win 2/3 in each series and follow the path to the CWS. Once there, get hot again.

Did you play? He threw his breaking ball really well. The pitch looks to be in the zone and then breaks. It’s not quite as easy to lay off as you suggest.

The other part that awful is that his high breaking balls got called as strikes. Your chances are slim when that’s the case. I think you have to tip your hat to the pitching.
Yes I played. Probably at a higher level than you’d think. Not saying it’s easy. Many of those pitches were filthy. I’d like to think they’d seen better pitching than a guy with a 9ERA. We swung at some absolutely awful pitches tonight and the pitcher threw some really good ones. It can be both. The ump definitely loved that outside “corner“. The catcher would catch it behind the plate on the corner sometimes but when it’s swooping in 5 inches off the plate nearly coming in at an angle it’s not a strike and never crossed over the plate at all many times.

Yeah, I hate that we lost because I hate the streak ended; plus, I hate to lose at Go Fish, so I hate that we lost no matter what is going on.

However, if we play like sh!t against Bama, something is off...maybe a bit of a slump coming...which, contained and kept in check, will be nothing to melt down about.

Yet, with this team, so far, with their mindset and ferociousness and attitude, tonight may have been the worst thing that could have happened to Bama. I have nothing but absolute trust in TV to keep everything in check, in perspective...to keep them all in a good place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back