Nat’l Championship Thread

Or 1-4 free throws vs 17-26. UConn actually won the scoring game percentage war, even at the 3 point line. Hard to beat the refs.
Maybe if UConn could grab defensive rebounds, then they wouldn't have to keep fouling on the outback attempts 🤷‍♂️

When one team is that much more aggressive on offense, then they'll get the calls.

Who the f#$k cares ?! Still stuck on this $hit ?!

good, I’m glad they’re still taking a stand. One of the very few redeeming qualities about Geno is that he speaks up for women and other minorities. I’m surprised the UConn team didn’t make a statement too. Didn’t Paige in her award acceptance last season herald black women?

Reactions: VolDaddy61
People's, Brunelle, Prohaska all transferring.

Have you heard any scuttlebutt out of South Bend on this trend, Luna? I'm shocked Ivey is losing these players.

P.S. Just watched highlights from tonight's game, and Muhl's flop with about 30 seconds left in the third quarter was hilarious. Henny was two feet away from her but Muhl flew back like she'd been punched in the chest by Muhammed Ali. I laughed and laughed. Good stuff.

Last edited:
SC should have had two more FT’s, Paige hacked Cook on her breakaway layup, camera showed it clear as day. Just because Uconn had to resort to fouls to try and stay with SC doesn’t change anything, that was on them, not the refs.
C'mon, if those numbers were against you, you'd be screaming about it and you know it.

Reactions: glv98
Have you heard any scuttlebutt out of South Bend on this trend, Luna? I'm shocked Ivey is losing these players.

P.S. Just watch highlights from tonight's game, and Muhl's flop with about 30 seconds left in the third quarter was hilarious. Henny was two feet away from her but Muhl flew back like she'd been punched in the chest by Muhammed Ali. I laughed and laughed. Good stuff.
Yes. formal posts by all three of them happened days ago..it is fact.

I think Mabrey will be back next season - at least that’s what her last IG post indicates. Also saw another poster mention that Dodson won’t be back. Didn’t realize she declared for the draft. A big loss for them.

Maybe note re: Maya Dodson.

i
9. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
The transfer portal has already hit the Irish's depth hard with departures of Sam Brunelle, Anaya Peoples and Abby Prohaska -- but the possibility of all five starters returning makes Notre Dame a top-10 team. Olivia Miles and Sonia Citron might be the best freshman tandem in the country, and a year ago Maddy Westbeld was the ACC Rookie of the Year. Dara Mabrey has already decided to return as a super senior, and Maya Dodson has petitioned the NCAA to do the same.

Reactions: ttharp
Yes. formal posts by all three of them happened days ago..it is fact.

Oh, no, I wasn't saying I didn't believe it to be true! I am wondering if you had any insight on WHY these players are bailing? Do they dislike Nielle? Disagree with her coaching philosophy/techniques? It just seems odd to me for some reason given she was so highly regarded at the time she took over the program. I thought maybe since Connecticut and Notre Dame had the rivalry for so long that you might be more aware of the sitch over there.

Oh, no, I wasn't saying I didn't believe it to be true! I am wondering if you had any insight on WHY these players are bailing? Do they dislike Nielle? Disagree with her coaching philosophy/techniques? It just seems odd to me for some reason given she was so highly regarded at the time she took over the program. I thought may since Connecticut and Notre Dame had the rivalry for so long that you might be more aware of the sitch over there.
Brunelle probably wants to play more. She's fallen out of favor to Citron and Westbeld. The other players weren't critical pieces, so Niele can afford to see them go.

good, I’m glad they’re still taking a stand. One of the very few redeeming qualities about Geno is that he speaks up for women and other minorities. I’m surprised the UConn team didn’t make a statement too. Didn’t Paige in her award acceptance last season herald black women?

Congratulations to the South Carolina fans who post here. This is well-deserved. Watching UConn lose will never get old.

SC outrebounded UConn 49-24 tonight. That's how Pat's best teams would have done it.

Honestly I thought SC would dominate them. I predicted a 12 point victory over on the Boneyard. I was more worried about Louisville than UCONN. I thought they were a better team in the Bahamas because Buecker was healthier but they still loss by 16. I don't know why they thought they could make up that rebound difference after they loss Dorko.

They didn't shoot well, but they didn't have to with the way they were dominating the boards. And this is after UConn whipped Stanford on the glass in the semis.

UConn's undefeated finals streak comes to an end. Surprisingly, the best freshman tonight was Ducharme, not Fudd.

She was locked up the first game we played.

When Bueckers dresses out for a game, she's ALL SERIOUS BALLPLAYER and it shows. She can obviously pull off looking absolutely model-beautiful with makeup and glam as she appears in the clip above, but she ain't giving any of that a thought when it's time to play ball.

Reactions: Luna2012
Boston is back next season, so they have all year to figure it out. They've got no shortage of post players waiting for next though.

LSU will be rebuilding next year.

Tenn and UConn should both be on the short list of FF contenders with SC, Stanford, Texas and probably 1-2 teams I'm overlooking.

Tennessee might break in the top 5 but definitely top 10.

Oh, no, I wasn't saying I didn't believe it to be true! I am wondering if you had any insight on WHY these players are bailing? Do they dislike Nielle? Disagree with her coaching philosophy/techniques? It just seems odd to me for some reason given she was so highly regarded at the time she took over the program. I thought maybe since Connecticut and Notre Dame had the rivalry for so long that you might be more aware of the sitch over there.
No clue. Don't think anyone knows for sure. It's always a mystery.

VN Store

Back