For New/Infrequent Posters – The Rules Thread

Don’t say I didn’t warn ya! I started lurking about 2 years ago, posting last season and now, I’m sitting on my couch on a Monday afternoon, watching a replay of Texas vs Alabama... “scouting future opponents!”
GBO!!
That’s so true……I don‘t necessarily find myself watching replays however I may be watching a mid major team out west when its 11:00 PM

I debated on even reaching out to Freak about this subject however we have a lot of new folks joining us on the Baseball Forums....and Freak gave me his blessing to post this, so here it goes.

I'll keep it short. The Baseball Forum on the Volnation board has been known as the civilized bunch. We intend for the spirit of that to remain intact. The Baseball Forum is known for the game threads and nuances into the game that many of us do not understand completely as well as many poster’s love for not only Tennessee Baseball but in College Baseball in general.

Over the years, this forum has needed very little moderation, it’s moderated much differently than some other forums because of the above.....

I’d like to lay out some general guidelines:
1. We aren't going to bash the kids or coaches. This is not debatable. It is a zero-tolerance policy. This is your warning.

2. A healthy debate about baseball decisions is welcomed. We don't mind you questioning a call or a decision but give an educated and reasonable explanation as to why you feel as you do. A healthy debate is a good thing, all opinions are welcomed, flat out bashing someone for their opinion is not being tolerated.

3. Keep it Civil, no explanation needed here.

Baseball is a beautiful, wonderful game and most of the regulars here take it very seriously. We encourage you to join in and look forward to interacting with a lot of new folks, but we are happy with lower numbers compared to the Football or Basketball forums. If you can't play by the rules that have worked for years, we would rather you not post here.

I think this run engineered by Coach Tony Vitello and his staff is going to be a blast, let’s keep it civil and enjoy the ride………GO VOLS!!

OT
Bump

Also, please refrain from POLITICAL post or references, even if you’re making a joke. I’m the first one to throw a politician under the bus but I don't do it in the Baseball Forum as it does nothing but piss off someone else that may have different views……….

...let’s keep it civil and enjoy the ride...

6dxd0s.jpg

Yep. I will be here less and less until it is over and then it will depend on when we go out. But I'm enjoying the ride and love hearing from you guys and gals. (most of you). I was looking this morning and could not understand what some of you were replying to at times then I realized it was people I had blocked. Can't handle the NegaVols.

Yep. I will be here less and less until it is over and then it will depend on when we go out. But I'm enjoying the ride and love hearing from you guys and gals. (most of you). I was looking this morning and could not understand what some of you were replying to at times then I realized it was people I had blocked. Can't handle the NegaVols.
Testing (if I’m considered a NegaVol)

I hate to hear that, but I understand. Hopefully it’s just the game threads, if something else is bugging you, please let me know. TIA.

I have thoroughly enjoyed the ride, this season is special. I have not stayed on top of game threads lately like I normally do.

I have thoroughly enjoyed the ride, this season is special. I have not stayed on top of game threads lately like I normally do.

Even had I not been at the Met with no WiFi, I don’t think I can keep up with the speed of the game threads. I’ll post a countdown, next time I look at VN there’s 10 pages of new posts. By the time I got back to the hotel, forget about it. The Report button, if somebody is way out of line, crude pics or gifs, completely off topic, ridiculous over the top language, and the last one is important, attack the post and not the poster, all legitimate reports. Game threads, people are gonna say stuff, don’t report somebody who disagrees with you about baseball stuff, like the defensive indifference thing. That’s debating baseball not callin somebody an idiot or garbage or trash etc…

Hope this helps. Legoooooooooooooo!

Reactions: txbo and chuckiepoo
We can usually have some decent conversations shortly after the game but I don't know if that will hold up from this point forward.

VN Store

Back