Transfer Portal 21-22

Volball09:
Dawn does not like her decision making as a PG. She started at the PG this season when Henderson went out but was moved off the ball in favor of Amihere. 😅 i`m sorry it`s just way you said it.

It’s true though 🤷🏼‍♂️

She would literally rather have Amihere handle the ball than give the reins to Cooke.

Last edited:
Reactions: djtee
There have been a lot of great 6'3" post players over the years. I would take a 6'3" post who can jump over a 6'5" player that can't. Striplin seems to have some tenacity about her that will make her dangerous once she gets some more experience. She is not shy about putting her body on someone down low.
Megan Gustafson comes to mind. 6-3 post ranked Number 80 in her class finished her career with 2804 points and 1460 rebounds. A 6-3 post can be very effective if they have the tools to work with. Stiplin is young, but has a lot of those tools and the post's on the Lady Vol team have been quoted as saying she is the best on the team at posting up and going right back up with the ball. Development will be everything for her over the summer.

Looks like all three officially in now according to Raoul. I would really be interested in Edwards as our backup post she has impressive numbers and scored seven straight points on the DPOY.

She was also suspended multiple times for breaking team rules. I doubt Kellie would even think about bringing a mess like that onto a team with great chemistry like the lady vols even if her basketball skills were the best out there.

Reactions: SandyO

Looks like all three officially in now according to Raoul. I would really be interested in Edwards as our backup post she has impressive numbers and scored seven straight points on the DPOY.

It would seem to me that Elzy didn't do a good job of building a good culture or sucked as a head coach at Kentucky. 5 transfers in one season is really quite a lot if the head coach is liked and respected. How many players said they bumped heads with Elzy following the SEC championship in the postgame presser? I heard at least 2-3 mention it...Definitly Howard and Edwards said it..

My exact thoughts, I wouldn't say all 3 going together though. I could see 2 of them (Jazz and Hunt), I wouldn't leave Coach Yo out of it
Not surprised with Edwards, but wonder what Jazz and Hunt are seeking. Clearly not embracing the opportunity to play a larger role with Howard leaving. Must have been some validity to team chemistry issues.
Eleven on roster last year; let the portal battles begin. Kyra needs players.

terry blevins from tenn lady vols facebook said he could not say who but expects transfers out? it was on one of the stories about jacksonin comments section ? other posters rennie or saunders was their guess. but terry would not say who

One of life's great mysteries, how Elzy got that dysfunctional bunch to an SEC tournament title...

terry blevins from tenn lady vols facebook said he could not say who but expects transfers out? it was on one of the stories about jacksonin comments section ? other posters rennie or saunders was their guess. but terry would not say who
That’s really surprising. They all seem to really love the program.

Switching gears a bit has anyone else watched the videos of K.Striplin’s dad talking about his trip to Wichita on Twitter? Or S.Puckett’s dad in the interview talking about her big game winning shot and experience as a Vol plus the recruiting decision she made picking Tennessee over Louisville?
There’s no other program right now with better cohesiveness and team chemistry than the Lady Vols in the country! I can tell you there’s for sure a list of names of LVFLers that aren’t transferring anywhere! Boom 💥.

Last edited:
Switching gears a bit has anyone else watched the videos of K.Striplin’s dad talking about his trip to Wichita on Twitter? Or S.Puckett’s dad in the interview talking about her big game winning shot and experience as a Vol plus the recruiting decision she made picking Tennessee over Louisville?
There’s no other program right now with better cohesiveness and team chemistry than the Lady Vols in the country! I can tell you for sure there are for sure a list of names of LVFLers that aren’t transferring anywhere! Boom 💥.

There’s also an article Cora Hall wrote re: Horston and dealing with injury. I love these players and their families.

I really hope we wouldn’t try for Edwards. There was something about her attitude and demeanor that was off. The fact that she’s left both programs she’s played for isn’t a good look either

It's one of the drawbacks to an almost full roster (14). Unless the last 2 or 3 players on the bench are just happy to be on the team, with little regard for playing time, they are likely (but not definite) candidates for the portal. This is true on the vast majority of teams.

Jessie and Emily have been wonderful teammates but surely if they love basketball, they would want to PLAY. I can’t imagine they won’t hit the portal and go somewhere they can contribute on the floor and not just in the locker room

Well, hope not, we will see though.

Have a hard time believing it will be any of the freshmen or main rotation players.

Really really hope it’s not BK. She’s the one I’m most worried about with the incident. Doesn’t seem to me like she’s going anywhere but I’ve learned you just never know. Especially these days.

Well, hope not, we will see though.

Have a hard time believing it will be any of the freshmen or main rotation players.

Really really hope it’s not BK. She’s the one I’m most worried about with the incident. Doesn’t seem to me like she’s going anywhere but I’ve learned you just never know. Especially these days.
they were some need made room for more transfers in. could be some fans getting transfer happy. do not know much about terry but he goes to games and he has post some warnups of ladys vols pregame videos he posts often on lady facebook.

It sure can't be said of our latest transfer, Rickea Jackson, that she just willy-nilly transferred without first trying her best to stick it out at her first choice. Jackson had three coaches in three years. That really was a whole lot to have had to endure after the coach she signed on to play for left so soon after she got there.

Glad she'll finish her career as a Lady Vol, and I truly hope she'll enjoy it enough to then forever be proud to be a LFVL. I selfishly want both Rickea and Jordy to take their COVID years, though I don't expect that will happen.

Jessie and Emily have been wonderful teammates but surely if they love basketball, they would want to PLAY. I can’t imagine they won’t hit the portal and go somewhere they can contribute on the floor and not just in the locker room

Do people ever consider the fact that if they were to transfer out for one season of playing time that that would forever make them no longer able to come back to Tennessee as Lady Vols for Life?

Say they were to transfer to, for instance, West Virginia, after having basically grown up as Lady Vols. From then on they'd then be alums of West Virginia, and future visits back to campus to yuk it up and encourage the youngsters would be to a place they left for that will never hold the same level of pride for them that they will feel FOREVVVVVVER as former Tennessee Lady Vols.

The doors that would have always been open for them as #LVFLs will suddenly not be there. Is that really what people want for them? To never really get to feel the full joy of having graduated as Tennessee Lady Vols?

I'll use another example I think about often: Alexa Middleton.

Middleton was born and raised in Tennessee, and being a Lady Vol was her childhood dream come true. The pride she and her family must have felt for her to be out on the court that bears Pat Summitt's name must have been immense.

Former Lady Vols that had been women she looked up to growing up would drop by campus, and I'm sure that was special. Being a part of a legacy sooooo very strong was really something to her, I'm sure.

Fast-forward three years and she transfers to Iowa State to play one season. Yes, she got to play a lot that season, and I'm sure she enjoyed that.

But what must she be feeling right now? Did the native Tennessean feel as full of pride to be a former Cyclone as she would have just driving a couple hours from home this past weekend to join other LVFLs at TBA who were there to cheer on their sisters? Does Middleton make semi-regular trips to Iowa to hang out with Bill Fennelly and other Iowa State alums? Does she really feel fully like she belongs in Iowa instead of Tennessee after one year? Or does she feel like an in-betweener?

Maybe. I don't know. But I cannot imagine wanting to trade being able to be counted as a Lady Vol For Life, with all its perks and pride, for being a Cyclone just for a season of playing 30 mpg instead of 20 mpg.

Bottom line: We should all want for Emily and Jessie to forever be linked, officially and emotionally, to the Lady Vols basketball program they love so much. We should all be happy that those two fine young women will join all the other former Lady Vols at future events, because they have earned that right. I want the BEST for these two, and the best is Tennessee and all the lifelong perks that come with it.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back