Transfer Portal 21-22

If there is one thing this board has in great abundance, it's sap. Wow.

Nothin' you can do that can't be done
Nothin' you can sing that can't be sung
Nothin' you can say but you can learn how to play the game,
It's easy

All you need is sap (all together now)
All you need is sap (everybody)
All you need is sap, sap
Sap is all you need

You should. She would be one of the best players on the team. I've followed her since high school and at only 6'1", she was one of the best rebounders in the country and a good outside shooter. She is also good at driving to the basket. Getting her certainly would not hurt the team.

It will if her behavior is disruptive.

3 players from Kentucky have entered the portal. One of those players is Treasure Hunt. She would be a great pick up for the Lady Vols.

I’m not sure she would mesh well with out current team. Kyra clearly had drama issues at KY. Plus we attempted to recruit her, and she chose KY over us, so I say we move on to people who want to be with us.

I’m not sure she would mesh well with out current team. Kyra clearly had drama issues at KY. Plus we attempted to recruit her, and she chose KY over us, so I say we move on to people who want to be with us.
My bad, I thought Treasure was a Holly recruit who decided on Kentucky when Holly was fired.

I know that Emily had always dreamed of being a Lady Vol. Hard to think she would leave.
Emily has the size but seems to lack the skill set to play the position. Not saying she doesn’t have the ability to be a productive post. Maybe we lack the coaching staff to coach her up. When she plays, she seems too meek and soft to play the position at the D1 level.

Are you kidding? Middleton was a talented player on a dysfunctional team with a bad coach. She not only did the right thing to transfer to Iowa State--where she played very well on a team that was better than UT's---she should have done it at least a year earlier. I should think that she salvaged a decent chunk of her pride and her athletic potential by transferring, and as mentioned, probably wishes she'd done it sooner. Now, if you're not very talented and not very ambitious about fulfilling what athletic potential you do have, then, yea, maybe you stay and play out the string. But that's not the case with most who are on major-college teams. If there is one thing this board has in great abundance, it's sap. Wow.
I think the OP’s point is still valid. Does she feel that she belongs anywhere? She was only at Iowa St 1 year and she left UT…I thought it was an interesting thought. I don’t blame anyone for wanting to get better and play more, but I wonder how she feels.

Emily has the size but seems to lack the skill set to play the position. Not saying she doesn’t have the ability to be a productive post. Maybe we lack the coaching staff to coach her up. When she plays, she seems too meek and soft to play the position at the D1 level.
Not enuff fight in that girl. been saying that for 3 years. only she can fix that.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Do you think she lacks quickness?

Any news on where LaDazhia Williams is looking? 6'4" forward that can post up.
She started at South Carolina. She got very depressed there. Even her mom could tell she was depressed and unhappy when she saw her play on television. She got her confidence back at Missouri, but I don’t know why she’s transferring now.

Get Blackwell or Williams and we are set to make a run at a championship IMO.

We all have to remember that one of the most difficult jobs our staff has now is figuring out which portal players would mesh well chemistry-wise with the current players since they are well known to have excellent chemistry now. One bad apple, right?

From all I've read about Powell she sounds like she'll fit in perfectly, and we know that Jordan Horston and Rickea have been friends a long time, so we're probably good there.

We'll also have Pissott to add to the mix next season, but we can assume she was well vetted long before sge signed.

There are so many great players hitting the portal all at once (and likely more to come) that the staff is going to have a tough time sorting the apples from the potential ORANGES.

We all have to remember that one of the most difficult jobs our staff has now is figuring out which portal players would mesh well chemistry-wise with the current players since they are well known to have excellent chemistry now. One bad apple, right?

From all I've read about Powell she sounds like she'll fit in perfectly, and we know that Jordan Horston and Rickea have been friends a long time, so we're probably good there.

We'll also have Pissott to add to the mix next season, but we can assume she was well vetted long before sge signed.

There are so many great players hitting the portal all at once (and likely more to come) that the staff is going to have a tough time sorting the apples from the potential ORANGES.
So much agree. As my Dad would say, "let's not let our eyes overload our stomachs".

Hate to let any good player get away, but we're already in a situation where 2 or 3 who have been playing will just not get regular minutes. Depth is great and necessary, but he have to be really careful. If it's a backup post we're looking for, someone is going to have to be willing to be just that - a backup.

I think KJH and staff have worked hard enough to build this chemistry that they're not going to do anything to blow up the lab.

The only thing is when you look at the roster who is the backup five next season. If everyone is ok with Karoline having the job then we are good to go. If you have some concerns that she may be able to handle it as a sophomore then you have a scholarship to find someone you think that can. I have no idea what the staff is thinking were fine at every other position and they may also think were fine at the five. We'll see what happens between now and July 1st and we'll all know.

We don't need any more recruits I lose we lose some to the transfer portal. What we have added were good on all positions except the 5. We need a big to backup Tamari Key. That would only be the other recruit we would need. We don't need Treasure or any of the Kentucky players, especially Edwards! She is a cancer to any team and has personality issues. Plus I'm sure Kyra would inform Kellie of such since they are best of friends. Blackwell plays the 4 we are super deep at the 4. That's where I see Rickea playing at. She would be playing the 3 or the 4 mostly, although she probably can play all positions, so there you have it. No Blackwell. That's just my opinion

The only thing is when you look at the roster who is the backup five next season. If everyone is ok with Karoline having the job then we are good to go. If you have some concerns that she may be able to handle it as a sophomore then you have a scholarship to find someone you think that can. I have no idea what the staff is thinking were fine at every other position and they may also think were fine at the five. We'll see what happens between now and July 1st and we'll all know.
I like Karo as the backup to Key with 15-20 minutes per game and then starter her Junior Senior years.
I think Kellie is thinking this as well since no centers have visited recently.

If Blackwell wants to come, I really think you have to take her! She’s a REALLY good player. I’m sure Kellie and staff will have an extensive talk with her regarding behavioral issues, IF ANY, that needs to be addressed.

If Blackwell wants to come, I really think you have to take her! She’s a REALLY good player. I’m sure Kellie and staff will have an extensive talk with her regarding behavioral issues, IF ANY, that needs to be addressed.
Why would we take other teams' "Problems?" How many games was Blackwell suspended this year. It would be like taking Dre Edwards. I think that is a no go. Kellie has let players go for much less. I am still hoping that Brooklyn Miles is here next year due to her current case.

Why would we take other teams' "Problems?" How many games was Blackwell suspended this year. It would be like taking Dre Edwards. I think that is a no go. Kellie has let players go for much less. I am still hoping that Brooklyn Miles is here next year due to her current case.
Thank you for your opinion. I still think you take Blackwell if she wants to come…..again.

VN Store

Back