NCAAT Game Thread: Lady Vols vs Buffalo/Belmont

Love all Vol teams and the Lady Vols. But we are standing around way to much on offense and that causes turnovers. We stand and get no separation and when the person with the ball stops dribbling everyone is locked up. I love Harper but you better be worried about the turnovers, because our turnovers are often based on people standing and watching the person with the ball. Keyes played soft as a marshmallow early and looked lost. We missed countless point blank shots early. We can play well at times but our intensity has to get better, our movement without the ball has to get better. Your not going to get open standing around. Go Lady Vols
The weird thing is we have a movement offense. We’ve seen it several times this year. It is beautiful but we don’t seem to consistently use it. I don’t know whether it is based on the defense or the squad we have in but I hope to see it Monday.

In other news I saw Kellie clapping for Belmont during the Oregon game
71gvvDQz2DL._AC_SY606_.jpg

I watched few mns of Belmont but not enough to know much about there game. One thing I did notice is that Buffalo Athletically looked better especially at guard position. Thoughts? In CHRIST Alone

Belmont alum, love UT. Pulling for the Lady Vols on Monday. Side history note, Belmont has actually beaten UT before, many years ago. Belmont was coached by Betty Wiseman, and they played UT in Belmont's old Striplin Gym. Coach Wiseman told me the Belmont folks stayed in the gym for hours just talking about the game.
Belmont leads the all-time series with Tennessee 6-4.

In other news, I see the trolls are out in full force tonight.

Kellie's a native Tennessean, so I'm not surprised to read she was happy for another team from Tennessee. Except for Vanderbilt. Pretty sure all Lady Vols of her era were indoctrinated by Holly Warlck to share her deep loathing of Vanderbilt. 😂

I suspect we will see Karoline play some significant minutes on Monday. Belmont can really spread the floor. All 5 players will shoot the 3. Their 6’3” center is nearly a 40% 3 pt shooter. TK is going to need some help, she’s not the best at chasing people around on the perimeter and it takes her out of position.

To be fair no 1 thru 4 has been beaten by a lesser opponent and that's what I consider upsets cause they play at home

to be fair people were insulting our players by calling them midmajor players LOL ... i wonder how these midmajor players are feeling? 😂

Forget numbers 1-4 Princeton and Belmont are upsets against kids with national notoriety. Didn't Princeton also lose their best player to the portal?

to be fair people were insulting our players by calling them midmajor players LOL ... i wonder how these midmajor players are feeling? 😂

Forget numbers 1-4 Princeton and Belmont are upsets against kids with national notoriety. Didn't Princeton also lose their best player to the portal?
I guess they can be classified as upsets.But the way I see it since it's not a series and is a one game scenario on a neutral court with a good amount of layoff a lesser rated team has a better chance of winning a game outside of playing the home team

Reactions: VA_VOLFAN
Here's some advice, take it or leave it:

The best, most stress-free way to watch this team in this tournament this year is to let go of any expectations of them looking smooth or consistent on either end. If they just have enough good moments to eke out a 1-point win, let that be enough to make you happy. Nothing else matters at this point as long as they can string together enough decent moments to survive and advance.

Hopefully they will be a better, healthier team next season, but we are what we are right now, and no amount of complaining or incredulous verbal face-palming by us is going to change it. Hopefully we'll catch some lucky breaks here and there on Monday and get another win.

It helps to keep bringing your focus back to something positive while you watch. We managed to get it together and win. That'll just have to be good enough right now. Tennessee WON. They advanced! They'll have another opportunity Monday, and hopefully they'll survive and advance again. I'll take ANY KIND OF WIN.

Spot on. And we have Belmont upsetting Oregon, Jackson st. pushing LSU to the wall, Princeton upsetting SEC tourney champion KY. We are seeing a much higher degree of parity in the early rounds and so getting a win should never be treated as negative outcome.

Not having Jordan Horston reduces the separation that the LVs have over other teams. To move on, Rae and Tamari really need to carry their 2nd halves directly into the Belmont game and Darby among others needs to make more open shots. At this point, saying they also need to reduce TO's is a pointless. The LVs will have TOs but they do need to avoid the ones that led to transition baskets. Walker and Miles deserve credit for really high effort games; they were pushed defensively and hit the boards pretty well (and JW only had one TO). Nice game from Dye as well.

Here's some advice, take it or leave it:

The best, most stress-free way to watch this team in this tournament this year is to let go of any expectations of them looking smooth or consistent on either end.

Hey, not bad. I like the ANY KIND OF WIN part. But here's my BONA-FIDE FIVE STAR PLATINUM EXPRESS EXECUTIVE BONUS TIP for avoiding stress this year - or any year.

Just cut it off. Seriously. Especially if it's one of those sequences where you watch three missed layups or a bunch of turnovers or one of those wild offensive fouls where you realize you're gripping the TV remote tightly and looking for places you can throw it without breaking it.

"But I can't cut the game off!" Yes you can. No one will ever know. No one will care. Even if you tell someone, they still won't care. Your watching doesn't impact what happens. So just cut it off.

"But every time so-and-so's grandmother wore an orange shawl and watched the game from start to finish, they won." That's a coincidence. Don't be superstitious. Just cut it off.

Now once you've cut the game off, give it a few minutes. Do a chore. Read an article. Invest in questionable altcoins. Let some time pass. Is the game still going? Then turn the TV on and watch some more. Or don't. Check the box score in an hour. Whatever. Just don't let this sort of stuff stress you out.

Spot on. And we have Belmont upsetting Oregon, Jackson st. pushing LSU to the wall, Princeton upsetting SEC tourney champion KY. We are seeing a much higher degree of parity in the early rounds and so getting a win should never be treated as negative outcome.

Not having Jordan Horston reduces the separation that the LVs have over other teams. To move on, Rae and Tamari really need to carry their 2nd halves directly into the Belmont game and Darby among others needs to make more open shots. At this point, saying they also need to reduce TO's is a pointless. The LVs will have TOs but they do need to avoid the ones that led to transition baskets. Walker and Miles deserve credit for really high effort games; they were pushed defensively and hit the boards pretty well (and JW only had one TO). Nice game from Dye as well.
Jordan W had a great game, with 13 pts; 7 rbs; and 4 assists. The point guard position, with Jordan W and Brooklynn, combined for 18 pts, 10 rbs, and 5 assists. Great game Jordan W and Brooklynn.

Princeton's best player Abby Meyers is still there. She only announced that she's entering after the portal after the season ends.

VN Store

Back