NCAAT Game Thread: Lady Vols vs Buffalo/Belmont

Here's some advice, take it or leave it:

The best, most stress-free way to watch this team in this tournament this year is to let go of any expectations of them looking smooth or consistent on either end. If they just have enough good moments to eke out a 1-point win, let that be enough to make you happy. Nothing else matters at this point as long as they can string together enough decent moments to survive and advance.

Hopefully they will be a better, healthier team next season, but we are what we are right now, and no amount of complaining or incredulous verbal face-palming by us is going to change it. Hopefully we'll catch some lucky breaks here and there on Monday and get another win.

It helps to keep bringing your focus back to something positive while you watch. We managed to get it together and win. That'll just have to be good enough right now. Tennessee WON. They advanced! They'll have another opportunity Monday, and hopefully they'll survive and advance again. I'll take ANY KIND OF WIN.

The best, most stress-free way to watch this team in this tournament this year is to let go of any expectations of them looking smooth or consistent on either end. If they just have enough good moments to eke out a 1-point win, let that be enough to make you happy. Nothing else matters at this point as long as they can string together enough decent moments to survive and advance.

Hopefully they will be a better, healthier team next season, but we are what we are right now, and no amount of complaining or incredulous verbal face-palming by us is going to change it. Hopefully we'll catch some lucky breaks here and there on Monday and get another win.

It helps to keep bringing your focus back to something positive while you watch. We managed to get it together and win. That'll just have to be good enough right now. Tennessee WON. They advanced! They'll have another opportunity Monday, and hopefully they'll survive and advance again. I'll take ANY KIND OF WIN.

Really appreciate this perspective, lvocd. Thank you.

Reactions: krichunaka
We came out ready to play which is what you have to do to win in The Tournament. Nobody said Buffalo would be an easy win. Lots of upsets in the first round, just ask Kentucky.

So it truly is survive and advance, it doesn’t have to be pretty. We did what we had to do, we won, and Kellie looks great in Orange.

GO LADY VOLS!!!

agreed 100%. And it helps me not to follow this game thread as I watch. Too much negativity.

For all who cried negativity about Jordan Horston during her tenure here , dam_ I
bet you miss her. I do.
I really, really do.
Like a love crazed groom. Go Lady Vols Go
I'm pissing in my pants every game. Til'
death do us part.

VN Store

Back