Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you seen these guys with stickers on the side of their car windows with their Instagram handle?

Are people pulling up besides these guys at the traffic light, looking over, and thinking, “I must know more.”?
Folks are desperate to get paid for doing nothing, and live for likes.

That was the qualifying offer before brass tacks. Offered him 5 years $140 mil.
This is what I don’t understand. The braves offered him $28 million a year, and because they would not guarantee him a six year, he walks and gets paid $27 million a year for six years. I mean seriously, when you’re getting paid that much money, what does it matter if you get an extra year or not? On top of that, he will have to pay a lot more taxes in Los Angeles. Just does not make good financial sense to me.

This is what I don’t understand. The braves offered him $28 million a year, and because they would not guarantee him a six year, he walks and gets paid $27 million a year for six years. I mean seriously, when you’re getting paid that much money, what does it matter if you get an extra year or not? On top of that, he will have to pay a lot more taxes in Los Angeles. Just does not make good financial sense to me.
These hoes ain't loyal.

That's my point..🤷‍♂️ they could if they tried. At some point, some kid with no power, but great hands and speed will come along and show that you can still slap line drives all over the field and hit for a high average, and score a ton of runs.

That guy will make a lot of money.
Organizations don’t want that guy any more though…. He make it up through the minors to make the big leagues but it will be a challenge.

Cause making 28 million a year for 5 isn't as much as making 27 million a year for 6. You see it as "he's making a million less per year" and he sees it as "I'm making 22 million more on this contract"

Man...do we have anyone on 99.1 that isn't just talking to talk?

Tyler on TSL this morning was explaining how good Barnes was in rematches and how he thought the Vols would be able to beat Nova.

Then in the same breathe says we'd lose to Arizona though... :rolleyes:

"Here's my logic...and here's me completely throwing it out the window"

Update on our little man. He got out of surgery just a little while ago. Everything went well and he’s now in recovery. We are so relieved and thankful of all of you. Still a long road ahead but the hardest part is now behind us. Thank you all again so much for your support and prayers

That’s awesome news! 😊

Perfect gif. Writing was clearly on the wall when Braves traded for Olson. Truthfully, I think Freeman wanted to stay in Atlanta, but Atlanta didn't want to give him that 6th year. I also think Freeman still had hope of getting a deal done with the Braves until they made the Olson trade. Once that happened, he knew he had to sign elsewhere. Still, I feel a bit heartbroken. Really wanted to see FF spend his entire career with the Braves.

And the Olson deal makes sense, but I'm still a little pissed at the Braves front office. I feel like they should have had FF locked up before the shutdown happened. The guy was the personification of being an Atlanta Brave. I feel more like they decided to move on from him than he decided to move on from them.

Makes me sad.
It takes 2 sides to make a deal. It takes 2 sides to allow negotiations drag on. I'm sadden that the Braves lost him, but it's on his agent as much as it's on the Braves. I have no doubt the Braves would've been willing to sign him a year ago if they could've agreed on a deal. I don't blame the Braves for not being willing to give them what they were asking for.

Either his team was postering using all the other offers to pressure the Braves into paying more, in which case they screwed up by misjudging AA. Or they/he simply wanted more than the Braves were willing to pay. Either way, it's March and the Braves had to take care of 1st base and the rest of the roster.

It takes 2 sides to make a deal. It takes 2 sides to allow negotiations drag on. I'm sadden that the Braves lost him, but it's on his agent as much as it's on the Braves. I have no doubt the Braves would've been willing to sign him a year ago if they could've agreed on a deal. I don't blame the Braves for not being willing to give them what they were asking for.

Either his team was postering using all the other offers to pressure the Braves into paying more, in which case they screwed up by misjudging AA. Or they/he simply wanted more than the Braves were willing to pay. Either way, it's March and the Braves had to take care of 1st base and the rest of the roster.
Ain't gonna matter...............Yankees are winning the Series this year!:p
yankees-daily.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back